The Daily Mail

This song sums up this newspaper. Discuss.

10 messages
27/03/2013 at 17:55

I found this song about the Daily Mail on Youtube. So, do you think that it's an accurate reflection?

Discuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

27/03/2013 at 21:51

You need a hobby

28/03/2013 at 12:51

I've read somewhere that erading the daily Mail is like spending twenty minutes in a mental asylum. Much like being on this forum.

28/03/2013 at 13:08

The mail site is worth reading if only for the hysterical but also slightly frightening comments you find underneath the stories.

28/03/2013 at 13:55

Some Daily Mail style headlines.

"3 headed lesbian asylum seekers given benefits and put straight to the top of the council house waiting list...and you're paying for it!"

"Immigrants cause cancer!"

"Lesbians devalue house prices in middle England."

"Latvians paid by EU to impregnate your daughter...we must take a stand."

"If only Diana were here."

"Brussels to demand that homeowners with a thatched roof on their English cottage pay a fine, with the proceeds going to fund spa treatment days for Romanian gypsies...and you're paying for it!"

28/03/2013 at 14:01

Apart from the Diana nonsense I've seen all the other things you mention first hand!

31/03/2013 at 08:58
Rickster wrote (see)

Some Daily Mail style headlines.

"3 headed lesbian asylum seekers given benefits and put straight to the top of the council house waiting list...and you're paying for it!"

"Immigrants cause cancer!"

"Lesbians devalue house prices in middle England."

"Latvians paid by EU to impregnate your daughter...we must take a stand."

"If only Diana were here."

"Brussels to demand that homeowners with a thatched roof on their English cottage pay a fine, with the proceeds going to fund spa treatment days for Romanian gypsies...and you're paying for it!"

This has to be the most idiotic post I ever saw. When did anything like this appear,

31/03/2013 at 10:32

I take it that you're a Daily Mail reader then?

31/03/2013 at 12:58

I'm not a reader of any newspaper, there are none I can see that are any better than the others. I would read something if I had confidence that it was meant to be true. 

My point is that if you don't personally read it, that's fine, it's your choice, but why do you think it appropriate to post a set of made up (and frankly ludicrous) headlines from your own imagination. It would be much more sensible to comment on an actual headline that you may have a view on. To coin a phrase often used in the media, why let the truth get in the way...........

It really is idotic and intellectually akin to scrawling untruths on the toilet walls.

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
31/03/2013 at 13:00
Irony goes straight over the head of some people

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.