The Forgiven

Don't care, just so long as he scores.

21 to 32 of 32 messages
16/05/2014 at 12:00

I suspects it goes something like:

Generally speaking it's the poor that end up in prison - black people are more likely to be poor than whites or Asians - black people are therefore more likely to be sent to prison.

It's important to include people of Asian descent becasue the general thinking is that the strong extended family unit means that Asians are less likely to offend or end up in jail than blacks who, disproportionately, come from homes with no fathers.

Edited: 16/05/2014 at 12:32
16/05/2014 at 14:40

I think that screamy's point is correct and but it is caused by what sideburn describes, as in,  most of the issues causing black immigrants to be more likely to be sent to prison seem to stem from a sense of inequality and historical injustice that disenfranchises young males at a point in their lives when the hormones are raging. The institutional racism then means they are treated more harshly for their offences.

we are all inclined to be racist and even clannish in our inner minds. it is the result of evolution. It is the modern human brain that knows that these instincts are wrong and it therefore tries but fails to apply adequate temperance to decisions that allow people in power to treat other groups badly. that is why statistics are so important. It shows up these (excuse my clannish atttitude) old, posh, White and out of touch lunatics for what they are. 

hopefully there will come a day when a judge will simply chair the hearings and that sentencing will be done by a board who is not allowed to see names, sex, race, nationality nor religion of an offender and they will have to simply go on the facts As they are written on paper.

Maybe then white women and black men would both receive the same sentence for the same crimes. Although statistically they tend to be guilty of very different crimes.

as for the footballer. Never heard of him. And as he is not a big name it probably wouldn't be news if he was white and English.

Edited: 16/05/2014 at 14:40
16/05/2014 at 15:02
16/05/2014 at 16:33
Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-04-20/footballer-found-guilty-of-rape-jailed-for-five-years-ched-evans/

sorry, did you mean to post that here?

you appear to have gone completely off topic.

16/05/2014 at 17:37

OK, I will try to pull things back on topic, how about this;

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2014/05/15/boy-4-hit-zebra-crossing-driver-keeps-driving-licence-essex/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cukt1%7Cdl8%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D264844

Woman hits 4 year old child... on a zebra crossing.... drags the child 120 feet down the road. Her excuse?

"I don't know why I didn't see them. I agree I caused the accident, but I didn't see the child. I am extremely sorry and upset that this accident occurred."

The dopey magistrate said this is an, "unpleasant result of a momentary lapse of concentration"

And because she 'needs' a car for her 3.7 mile school run he decided to give her just 6 points and a £250 fine.

I do not want to share the road with people who cannot be bothered to look where they are going.

I do not see how you can jail one person for 18 months and let another off with practically nothing.

Having said that, no one has commented on whether the footballers career  is over!

16/05/2014 at 17:55

"The Jamaican international has a number of other convictions, including dishonesty, drinking and driving and other motoring offences, including a prison term for handling a stolen car, while playing for Gillingham in 2002.

It would seem that some clubs are not too fussy;

King, whose previous clubs include Sheffield United, Nottingham Forest, Coventry City, Hull City, Leeds United and Middlesbrough, pleaded guilty to a charge of dangerous driving at an earlier hearing at Nottingham Crown Court".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27423636

I would love to know how much his insurance premium was on a Porsche?

"Any previous motoring convictions?........" 

"Erm...... I might have..... a few minor ones...... well.... I have not killed anyone.... yet... do I get a discount because I am famous?"

Edited: 16/05/2014 at 17:58
16/05/2014 at 18:09

As the OP I'm impressed by the topical tangents. 

As for forgiving a footballer. I have this vision of some fanatical 'pear shaped' football fan being told that the striker who gives meaning to his very existence has murdered his family.

"Ok it was right out of order, but you got to make allowances".

16/05/2014 at 18:23
RicF wrote (see)

"Ok it was right out of order, but you got to make allowances".

"He has been under a lot of stress recently..... the club is in the relegation zone..."

Or "Can you send him to prison after the playoffs?"

16/05/2014 at 18:25

Its definitely along those lines.

"You can't send him to prison, he's needed to play a match in the Champions league!"

16/05/2014 at 19:22
skotty wrote (see)
Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-04-20/footballer-found-guilty-of-rape-jailed-for-five-years-ched-evans/

sorry, did you mean to post that here?

you appear to have gone completely off topic. 

I think the point SFF was making was that Ched Evans is white and English, as a counter argument to Yiddarmy's suggestion was that if Marlon King hadn't been black it would have been news.

Symes    pirate
17/05/2014 at 00:22

Lee Hughes (white) managed to lose control of a very well equipped car, had a head on collision near his local pub, killed one person, left the scene of the accident and handed himself in 36 hours later (possibly after the beer level had subsided, it could be suggested). Spent 3 years of a 6 year sentence in a 'soft' prison and then continued his football career, forgiven? I would say yes, bearing in mind he was hired by four separate clubs post prison. 

Forgiven by people who live around this way? no, we think he is a cunt

Edited: 17/05/2014 at 00:23
17/05/2014 at 00:34
I've not heard of any of these famous folk. I did look them up though. Ched Evans is a rapist. That is a serious crime and would make lical/regional news whether he was a footballer or not. Oh and is Evans not a Welsh name ?? I did say whit and English
But seriously- these 'celebrities' have it easy because if they get a harsh sentence,(no not one with big words in it) when they appeal and say they are being made an example, they get their time halved.
Edited: 17/05/2014 at 00:40

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.