The Forgiven

Don't care, just so long as he scores.

21 to 26 of 26 messages
16/05/2014 at 17:55

"The Jamaican international has a number of other convictions, including dishonesty, drinking and driving and other motoring offences, including a prison term for handling a stolen car, while playing for Gillingham in 2002.

It would seem that some clubs are not too fussy;

King, whose previous clubs include Sheffield United, Nottingham Forest, Coventry City, Hull City, Leeds United and Middlesbrough, pleaded guilty to a charge of dangerous driving at an earlier hearing at Nottingham Crown Court".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27423636

I would love to know how much his insurance premium was on a Porsche?

"Any previous motoring convictions?........" 

"Erm...... I might have..... a few minor ones...... well.... I have not killed anyone.... yet... do I get a discount because I am famous?"

Edited: 16/05/2014 at 17:58
16/05/2014 at 18:09

As the OP I'm impressed by the topical tangents. 

As for forgiving a footballer. I have this vision of some fanatical 'pear shaped' football fan being told that the striker who gives meaning to his very existence has murdered his family.

"Ok it was right out of order, but you got to make allowances".

16/05/2014 at 18:23
RicF wrote (see)

"Ok it was right out of order, but you got to make allowances".

"He has been under a lot of stress recently..... the club is in the relegation zone..."

Or "Can you send him to prison after the playoffs?"

16/05/2014 at 18:25

Its definitely along those lines.

"You can't send him to prison, he's needed to play a match in the Champions league!"

16/05/2014 at 19:22
skotty wrote (see)
Skinny Fetish Fan wrote (see)

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-04-20/footballer-found-guilty-of-rape-jailed-for-five-years-ched-evans/

sorry, did you mean to post that here?

you appear to have gone completely off topic. 

I think the point SFF was making was that Ched Evans is white and English, as a counter argument to Yiddarmy's suggestion was that if Marlon King hadn't been black it would have been news.

Symes-lent night    pirate
17/05/2014 at 00:22

Lee Hughes (white) managed to lose control of a very well equipped car, had a head on collision near his local pub, killed one person, left the scene of the accident and handed himself in 36 hours later (possibly after the beer level had subsided, it could be suggested). Spent 3 years of a 6 year sentence in a 'soft' prison and then continued his football career, forgiven? I would say yes, bearing in mind he was hired by four separate clubs post prison. 

Forgiven by people who live around this way? no, we think he is a cunt

Edited: 17/05/2014 at 00:23

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.