The London Marathon should have special places available for Londoners

21 to 35 of 35 messages
29/04/2013 at 16:44

Re knees up mother brown, isn't there something about "under the table you must go, e-i-e-i-e-i-o"

I'd like some special places for londoners as I forgot to enter the ballot. It would be the first time I could enter having moved back here last year. I might have moved away again by 2015.

29/04/2013 at 16:50

"If I catch you bending I'll saw your legs right off"

May I urge participants of the 'Londoners Only' VLM not to 'bend' as this will make for some very slow times.  Many thanks

29/04/2013 at 18:04
My area of Brighton should be called Crouch End by the Sea. Anyone too idle for a GFA place, doubly so if you're a bird is not deserving of automatic entry. In my humble opinion.
29/04/2013 at 18:27

Why not ban non Londoners from even going into the city? A Ghost town with no money

29/04/2013 at 19:09

If it gets Greatest Living Cockerknee Dick van Dyke an automatic place, then I'm all for it.

29/04/2013 at 20:58

I'd have special places for Londoners, North Pole and South Pole

29/04/2013 at 21:03

I think we need 2 london marathons

one with the current setup- a parade and charity event

and another one for the "runners" which have done at least another Marathon already.

29/04/2013 at 21:09

We don't have a 'pearly park' in the Isle of Dogs, but we do have llamas. Will that do? 

http://www.mudchute.org/

seren nos    pirate
29/04/2013 at 21:13
Jindalee wrote (see)

and another one for the "runners" which have done at least another Marathon already.

but then you will get the old arguemnet back of what constitutes doing a marathon..........sub 3 hr or sub 8..........and who wants to watch a pile of club runners and wanna bes running around london.........would get no sponsorship and no crowds

29/04/2013 at 21:29

No-one wants to see 10,000 skinny bald middle-aged blokes running at a middling pace. No-one.

29/04/2013 at 21:31

But give em a bloke in a mankini and 20 muppets chained together and it's a laugh riot that packs em to the rafters!

29/04/2013 at 21:32
Johnny Blaze wrote (see)

No-one wants to see 10,000 skinny bald middle-aged blokes running at a middling pace. No-one.

Except my dad.  Not that he's got a thing for skinny bald middle-aged blokes.  That would be a bit weird.

29/04/2013 at 21:32
seren nos wrote (see)
Jindalee wrote (see)

but then you will get the old arguemnet back of what constitutes doing a marathon..........sub 3 hr or sub 8..........and who wants to watch a pile of club runners and wanna bes running around london.........would get no sponsorship and no crowds

I would just say everyone who completed a marathon can enter the ballot. That would filter out the ppl who just sign up for it for being on Telly and don't even know what distance a Marathon is.

Obviously the sponsorship and the crowds is a different matter but seeing how quickly the ballot closed today I would think that the demand is there.

29/04/2013 at 21:39
Do you really believe that in days of the internet, CGI Films, live premiership football, 100 TV channels that the only thing people go to watch at the VLM is a bloke in a giraffe suit? People go to see their love ones. the fact that their loves ones have earned the right to be there would make it special rather than they got lucky in a ballot.
29/04/2013 at 21:45

Well, they go to see their loved ones AND a bloke in a giraffe suit. My family were a bit disappointed we had to go for lunch before all the best costumes came past. I saw their photos afterwards. There was a picture of me, and a picture of a bloke dressed as a pirate. (Suspect they were more excited by the pirate. They know what I look like already)

Edited: 29/04/2013 at 21:45

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.