The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

142,901 to 142,920 of 151,509 messages
M...eldy    pirate
07/05/2012 at 12:17

I *might* have won the lottery 

Seren, some family tie sounds just what you need, get that ear/tooth combo looked at asap !

07/05/2012 at 12:30

I see Holly has discounted herself from the old spinster club before I had an opportunity to be mock offended myself.

Delightful news Hope and Garr, I'm really pleased for you.  I do think it would be absolutely lovely if we all wore yellow to the wedding.  It would be a bit like a fancy celeb do like when Posh and Becks make everyone where white.

MMCs
Mon - Swim 1hr
Tues - Bike 1hr plus brick run 15 mins
Weds - rest
Thurs - Swim 45 mins. Run 1hr
Fr - Bike 1 hr
Sat - Bike 4hrs 45
Sun - Swim 2hrs (just under, did the Swimathon)

I was supposed to have run for an hour yesterday too but didn't get back in time so I have just done 1hr 15 running toay instead.

Edited: 07/05/2012 at 12:30
07/05/2012 at 12:41
Oh me, oh my! What have I missed? I have not been to The Other Place so don't have the news but am I right in guessing that Hope is soon to be Mrs Garr

Lovely lovely news. I blinking chuffed for you both.

So, are you glad you went for the picnic after all, Hope.?
07/05/2012 at 12:44
MMCs

Mon - nowt
Tue - nowt
Wed - nowt
Thur - nowt
Fri - nowt
Sat - nowt
Sun - nowt

I have just completed week 4 on the injury bench and should have goner for a test bike ride but am not liking the weather. Have a 1-2-1 swim lesson tomorrow morning so hoping I can include that in next weeks MMCs
07/05/2012 at 12:47
And don't mock The Old Spinster Club. There is many a time I wish I hadn't handed in my membership card
M...eldy    pirate
07/05/2012 at 12:50

I can imagine Schmunks !!!

Nice training Mousey x

07/05/2012 at 13:03
Yey Hope. Congratulations (big smiley)
IronM.in    pirate
07/05/2012 at 13:06

I quite like being an Old Spinster - I feel like it gives me carte blanche to act all 'purple hat'

And cowslips - they're so pretty. I can see Hope with free flowing hair and dress, a garland of flowers like a crown, bare feet and ethereal.

Seren - good move - family time is so important, I think. I hope things are a bit more manageable for you there.

Ditchy; +1 for the you'll crack it on the day vote.

And Holly - you do sound run down; don't under-estimate what the last 18 months has thrown at you. Perhaps a course of Iron might help? Do get to the docs though.

Right - I must get on with revising from tomorrow's exam.

Hope    pirate
07/05/2012 at 13:50

Thanks for the congrats guys. We're off to the pub for a drinkie to celebrate... I've only had tea so far!

Definitely lots of yellow on the big day. We're not going to start planning until after the Outlaw, but keep the ideas coming. We have to do it on a budget, but we REALLY want you all to be there! Any excuse for a social!!

07/05/2012 at 13:51

I have been abusing a work colleague in the name of training....she was moaning that she could only run 2k and felt like dyding after that, so I have slowed her down and introduced her to run walk and she's done 5 miles this morning

I think I might sneak out for another run later though but I am going to get soaked in the garden first as I have lots of planting and top soil moving to do.

Hope/Garr....so very pelased about the news! Am I still allowed to wear yellow (assuming I'm invited, of course) even though I'm not a pirate?

Hope    pirate
07/05/2012 at 13:52

Of course Cas.

07/05/2012 at 13:53

And I'm not a spinster either, (and I refuse to be old!) Realised that it was two years ago this bank holiday that I told my parents about Smiffy

07/05/2012 at 14:07

congratulations hope

not a spinster either...

M...eldy    pirate
07/05/2012 at 14:17

Hope ... Hopefully not speaking out of turn here but in this day and age I would think the majority of people would contribute cost wise to a wedding bash, its an extortionate amount of money to find and for the price of a good nosh I would pay to see my friends have a day they enjoy 

OMG I need to find shoes 

07/05/2012 at 14:52
Like Cas, will I be allowed to wear yellow as I am not a pirate either, innit!
07/05/2012 at 15:04
In other news I have cleaned out some of my kitchen cupboards. The oldest food had a sell by date of Feb 2008
07/05/2012 at 15:19
I'd still eat some things which are that old.

What makes you think you're not a pirate, schmunks? It's as much about supporting as doing.
07/05/2012 at 15:24

ask Jj

seren nos    pirate
07/05/2012 at 15:38

I was just going to say that........supporting at these things is such a major thing......it makes such a difference........at Enduroman last year you were totally a pirate in attitude and hard work.........

07/05/2012 at 15:45
See!?!!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.