The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

147,601 to 147,620 of 151,123 messages
08/10/2012 at 08:24
Morning all

Seren I think you make up with quantity for any lack of quality!
08/10/2012 at 08:35
Morning. I have lurked and will cast virtual hugs, money and telephones to all that need them.

Here at Happychap towers we've worn ourselves out with event organising and doing over the last few weeks. We're now into a slightly quieter period to Christmas so we get back into a routine :O)
08/10/2012 at 10:50

What an excellent idea, HC. I'm so pleased the badger thingy went well - I lub badgers I do.

A general question: what does it feel like to perforate an eardrum, does anyone know? Reply loudly, please.

08/10/2012 at 10:57

Bonjour tout le monde,

looks like you're getting some good reviews HC.  Does this mean you might be swimbling this Saturday?  PTL confirms that Box Hill 'very like' Lanza (only not as hot, less wind and considerably shorter)- so food for thought.  Although the road does have speed bumps back again they are beautifully smooth ones.

I really ought to stop procrastinating and start on Operation Raceweight... 

ETA- Jj ouchie, never experienced one but symptoms don't sound nice.

Edited: 08/10/2012 at 11:02
08/10/2012 at 11:19

Yes, back swimbing on Saturday.  Yay to Box Hill love and Operation Raceweight will start here once I put this biscuit down

Leppy I believe perforated eardrums are VERY. PAINFUL. INDEED.

08/10/2012 at 13:39

oh. In that case that's not what I've done.  Just one short sharp pain on grumpy overenthusiastic pushing in of silicone earplug. Also, increasing deafness and inability to clear water from ear easily. Bobbly jus' wax.

Gyraffe    pirate
08/10/2012 at 13:55

PARDON??

It's Monday again. *boo* But my horrible three day headache seems to have abated at last. *cheer*

I agree with Hope about moving to France. I heard they all speak English anyway.

08/10/2012 at 14:47

Well, I am planning on winning the lottery this weekend, so if you like I'll buy us all a lubly house there and we can all do what we like.

Just called my vet to query the £89 bill for fast-tracking Scruffles to Rainbow Bridge. They confirmed that it was correct. Also spoke to a vet friend elsewhere, and my sister who sometimes works in her local vet practice. Then I called another practice (much closer to home, too!) just to ask them what they would charge for exactly the same thing - without telling them why - and they quoted me £55. So I know where I'm taking any future fuzzylumps I may acquire...

M...eldy    pirate
08/10/2012 at 16:45

I was trying to recall what I paid for Charlie cat but I cant although I expect my personal postcode lottery will be closer to your top end
The latest one is just shy of £500 so I had better get shifting some wares I think !!

HC how lovely to have such good reviews and Ferret tis also good to know that Box Hill is Lanza friendly, we need a training trip I think ... !!

Errrr I appear to have buggered my back again, it wasvery tight over the weekend which I put down to driving a bit stressed for a long way, a 'strange' bed et.c et.c and then this morning I leant to pick something up and the top half went again so currently sat here with a hottie trying to loosen things up before nights 

M...eldy    pirate
08/10/2012 at 16:47

I did manage an easy 45 min swim as I thought this would help (didnt do any harm)  and still managed a 7.40 400m swim (timed as everyone was doing a timed session) and that made me chuckle as this time last year I would have been overjoyed with that time as a pb  

08/10/2012 at 16:55

Right, I am off to get ready for Zumba. We have had a crap day at work so I am going to jiggle my worries away

08/10/2012 at 19:16

oh dear about the back meldy

could see my breath when i was waiting for my train tonight, it must be cold!

M...eldy    pirate
08/10/2012 at 19:18

reminds me ,,, big jumper and a hottie for work tonight  

debbo    pirate
08/10/2012 at 19:21

I'm working tonight too, and I'm sooooo tired.  

Night shift last wednesday then straight to Madrid with no sleep, back at 1.30 on sunday morning, up at 5.30 for a run then long shift, and up earlyish today for the dentist - I've got a sore mouth now, and I'm hungry and weary.  

Luckily after tonight I'm off till friday night.

Anyone fancy the pub tonight - I could skive

M...eldy    pirate
08/10/2012 at 19:39

2nights and then I am off til Sunday 

seren nos    pirate
08/10/2012 at 20:10

I had to stay up till 11:30 last night as son was out in the big city at a concert.......and ripping up carpets and cleaning is tiring.haven't caught up from the weekend so off to bed shortly

Hope    pirate
08/10/2012 at 20:41

Evening all.
Well that's Monday more or less done thank goodness.
I take my hat of to you guys who work shifts. It must take some getting used to. it's not something I've ever done. Hope your back feels better Melds.

Garr has a tummy bug . He has a fantastic way of getting poorly just before almost every race I do! He's supposed to be doing Cardiff too so I hope it's just a quick 24 hour thing. I'm going nowhere near him and he's not getting any kisses until he has kept a days worth of food in! Paranoid??? Moi??

I'm tired too. I think an early night is on the cards.

M...eldy    pirate
08/10/2012 at 23:54

I'd go for a weeks woth just to be sure 

M...eldy    pirate
09/10/2012 at 06:42

I shall be so glad to see my bed this morning and I have no intention of getting out of it until its dark again
Mind you .. the way i'm going actually getting out of it might be a problem in itself !!

09/10/2012 at 06:58
Back still poorly :0(.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.