The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

147,661 to 147,680 of 151,454 messages
M...eldy    pirate
12/10/2012 at 18:39

That sounds a fab few days Mrs F !!

Does anyone remember the HC photos on FB of them on their holidays with the neddies??   

Hope    pirate
12/10/2012 at 19:21

Evening lovelies!
I have a pair of Irregular Choice ankle boots. They are gawjus and I love them, I just don't get much in the way of opportunity to wear them!
That bag looks fab Melds... made for you!
After a disastrous last-run-before-the-race which included me almost being wiped out on a zebra crossing AND being chased by 2 dogs (they were together... the owner was useless) I had quite a nice rest of the day.
I met No1 daughter for a coffee in Cardiff. She hasn't made it home for a couple of weekends due to her workload (plus party commitments!) and I am missing her so it was nice to catch up. She and a few other year 3 phys students will be doing massages after the race on Sunday!
The weather is pretty grim today but the forecast looks ok for Sunday. Fingers crossed!

12/10/2012 at 19:24

Oh gosh, now I am worried Melds that the horsies will be swimming in Shepperton Lake too! Eeek!

12/10/2012 at 19:45

A little update from me on Fat Cat and Ginger Whinger

As I believe I may have mentioned before, their former owner wants to visit, and recently he has become more and more persistent.

On Wednesday I received a text asking how his 'little babies' were and asking if I was okay for a visit this weekend. I told him I was busy and that I thought a visit would unsettle them.  He said he didn't think so and he would definitely be down over the weekend,

I came into work to an email from him entitled MY CATS saying they were his cats and that he expected to be able to visit for at least a year and until such time as he was happy.  He said that I ought to be aware they were microchipped by the American Association of Pedigrees and he could find them whenever he wanted.  And that where they were concerned nothing would be a waste of time.

This had crossed with an email from me saying that I did not think visits were good for any of us but that I was happy to send regular photos and the odd email update.  (Thank you to the Wing Ladies for being my counsel) 

His response to my message was quite aggressive and threatening saying they were his cats, he gave them to me in good faith, and that he was working in the area next week and would definitely be visiting.

As this was not what I thought I had signed up for I told him that they were loved and cared for and part of my family now, but if he still considered them to be his cats he was more than welcome to take them away

He stood down in his next reply and said he was happy to leave them where they were but he had become peturbed asI was being evasive and he was beginning to think I had sold them on.

So,,, I don't know whether I have allayed his fears or whether I will getting him knocking on my door one night next week.  I don't know if I have nipped this in the bud or if it will kick off again in a couple of weeks....

Ho hum

12/10/2012 at 19:48

Apologies for the rather long post ^^^

I wore one of my pairs of Irregular Choice shoes to work today.  It was not a good idea as my calves now hurt.  Grrrrr!

Hope - Good luck for Sunday.  I like Cardiff Half and wish I was doing it.

M...eldy    pirate
12/10/2012 at 19:49

Sounds as if he has backed down Schmunks but please be careful .. I really would let him know that they are in good hands, they have not been sold on and would he kindly feck off and leave you alone  
He sounds a bit weird if you ask me

Hope, that sounds like a lovely day!

Mrs F .. just imagine  

Hope    pirate
12/10/2012 at 20:02
Bloody hell Schmunks! He sounds like a right fruit and nut case!!
12/10/2012 at 20:03

I am hoping that by offering him the chance to take them back he realises I still have them.  I have also offered to send photos and email updates.

There has been no contact since and I am wary about starting it up again even on a photo level as I am not sure whether it will all escalate again.  I am worried that even the slightest contact won't be enough for him.

They all laughed at work as they reckoned he was acting like a lover spurned

13/10/2012 at 11:48

Jeez! What a wanker! And he seems to think that American microchips have GPS in them? LOL!

13/10/2012 at 11:50

Schmunks,  as others have said be careful.  Sounds like he might have backed off but if you hear from him again, a photo might finally make him realise you are caring for he puddytats and he has nowt to worry about....  He does seem a bit strange however.  He's wrong to make any demands on you.

13/10/2012 at 11:54
And this is why you should never have cats. Dogs are the only real pets to have
seren nos    pirate
13/10/2012 at 13:35

done todays painting.the downstairs ceilings..........my shoulders and neck can't cope with more than a couple of hours a day

M...eldy    pirate
13/10/2012 at 17:42

Schmunks wasnt there an issue with his USA chips anyway??  FWIW .. do not instigate any more conversation with him and if he starts with you just reply as short as you can ... 'yes they are fine, no you cant!!'

Me and Barlos and Trogs and Joddly have been playing on our bike and we got very muddy 

Holly_Golightly    pirate
13/10/2012 at 20:42
Hello lovely people. I haven't been around much recently, cos I've been visiting expensive but rather lovely places in order to sit in windowless rooms all day and work. Still. I get paid for it so cannae complain.

Had a visit from mummy_g today and went to the gym finally. In the past two weeks I've managed two runs of four miles each. Admittedly one was along the river Rhone and one was by lake Geneva, so not bad locations, but the rest of the past two weeks I've sat on my (increasing) arse and eaten too much.

I'm in the UK for the next two weeks before I have to travel again, so I'm putting a little "Operation stop being a lazy bitch" programme together. Even thinking of getting a PT a the gym....but maybe not. We'll see.....

Oh, for the talk on shoes, I've learnt that both Geneva and Lyon are bad places for wearing thin heels. Geneva is covered in cobbles that have no cement between them, just heel sized gaps. Lyon pavements are littered with grates with - you guessed it - heel sized holes. Lost count of the number of times my heel shot down a fucking hole and I looked like a twat pulling it out, and scraping the heel to shit in the process... Grrrrrrrrr.

Hope everyone's well. I'll try not to leave it so long next time.
M...eldy    pirate
13/10/2012 at 20:52

I'll be your PT Holly ... I can send you daily, nae hourly text messages and everything !!

Holly_Golightly    pirate
13/10/2012 at 21:05
Yeah, but can you teach me how to use the TRX thingy?
M...eldy    pirate
13/10/2012 at 21:33

Yeah course I can

Wass one of them ??  

seren nos    pirate
14/10/2012 at 07:32

morning....I am abandoning the paint for a morning and going to ry and get out on my bike.off to see if the slow group at cycling club is slow enough for me

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 07:53

Enjoy Seren .. Now the fog has lifted here it looks like quite a nice day even if I did have to have a mad rummage for the de-icer at 5.30 this morning !!

14/10/2012 at 08:11
Ooooh - ice? I had a bad night so I slept through my planned wake up time and didn't see it. Beautiful now.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.