The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

147,681 to 147,700 of 151,850 messages
Holly_Golightly    pirate
14/10/2012 at 09:47

I think I've regained my sleep hours. 10 hours with one break which coincided with Cave crossing the finish line in Kona. Then straight through to this morning. Glad the next two weeks will be back to normal, and hopefully back to my 7 hours a night each night.

I'm going to go to the gym again today. I had such a good session there yesterday. The gym looks out over trees which are all changing colour at the moment so they are stunning.

14/10/2012 at 09:49

Oh, and Melds, this is it

TRX

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 10:06

Yes for once the view from my window is very very colourful indeed

Oh yes dear, I have seen those before, one of the instructors at my gym has recently done a course on those ... they used to hang people like you in the olden days, Jj will remember  

Hope    pirate
14/10/2012 at 14:58
Afternoon.
Cardiff half done and dusted! Am well pleased with Garr!!! He did 1:35. He's seriously got the bug again which is brilliant to see. Only problem with us both racing at the same time is no one wants to get the dinner on afterwards!

Had a lovely post race massage from my daughter and some other Cardiff Phys students who definitely got to all the ouchy parts. After that I almost made myself sick eating a hog roast roll then ice cream! So all in all a good day!

Really enjoyed the race and beat March's pb by 3 mins (did 1:48) so I can't complain. Was initially a bit disappointed that i didn't manage to hit my target but that soon wore off.
That's it then. Last race of 2012 done.
14/10/2012 at 15:01

Well done, Hope.  And Garr.

I concur with no one wanting to put the dinner on.  My chicken took a while to get into the oven after my second monster gym session of the weekend (45 min bike intervals, 5K row, 5K run). Looking forward to eating it....but it's a shame there is only me to cook it. 

debbo    pirate
14/10/2012 at 15:04
Well done Hope and Garr too!

It's breakfast time for me but a roast dinner would do at about 1 a.m.

My new iphone4 is coming tomorrow - should I get a proper apple case or an eBay cheapie? Any recommendations?
seren nos yn canu    pirate
14/10/2012 at 15:05

well done hope and Garr....

you could aim for llanelli in March Hope.thats a PB course..a 3 mins PB is great and we know you have lots more to come.......

I have biked .had to clear thwe ice of the car first..it turned beautiful day and so i managd 52 miles........................now after a bath i have to get on with soem painting.....

14/10/2012 at 15:06
I've got a chicken waiting patiently to go in the oven. Frankly I can't be arsed but I dare say it can wait another hour or so. And I have got emergency chocolate just in case (beam).
Hope    pirate
14/10/2012 at 15:06
I think we might actually starve to death here.
Considering training Belle to turn the oven on.
Hope    pirate
14/10/2012 at 15:07
It's got to be easier to train a dog than teenagers???
They are certainly more eager to please!
14/10/2012 at 15:42

I put my chicken in - it's done. I forgot to put the tatties in.  Dinner is delayed, so I resorted to emergency popcorn to fill the gap. (I'm saving the toblerone for pudding)

Hope - tell them they can't eat unless they cook it. Poor training there.

Hope    pirate
14/10/2012 at 15:49
It's only me Garr and Belle in and she's snoring!
Sod it! Am opening the wine!!
M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 15:49

You need a slow cooker Hope and ditch the Sunday roast for midweek !!

I had carrot & butterbean soup (again) , it is bloody lush

14/10/2012 at 16:00

Carrot and butterbean soup may well be lovely - but the girl's just run a half mara PB.  She needs more sustenance than your small portions give!

(Sorry, Hope, I was referring to your teenagers comment...assuming Garr hasn't regressed?)

Hope    pirate
14/10/2012 at 16:03
Only now and then lol! No. 2 daughter was in at the time but only briefly. She'll be back in time for dinner apparently ha hahaa!
Hope    pirate
14/10/2012 at 16:06
I've got the beef in now. Gonna peal the veg in the lounge with Garr while catching up on strictly.
14/10/2012 at 16:10

I cheated and bought ready done veg.  Managed to overcook it mind. 

Now, do I have a quick nap before I dive back into my work??

M...eldy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 16:11

I would just like to go home and snooze thank you very much  

debbo    pirate
14/10/2012 at 16:17
I know food is important but can none of you selfish fuckers answer my simple iPhone question please and thank you
14/10/2012 at 16:26

I didn't answer cos I've never had and never needed a cover for my phone. It lives in a little pocket in my handbag, in my back pocket of running shorts, on my desk or on my bedside table. It doesn't get to party like a lot of others do.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.