The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

147,761 to 147,780 of 151,746 messages
16/10/2012 at 17:00

I managed to hide my snot slugginess today and only lost my voice twice talking to new mummies. So I hide my poorliness rather well and stayed as far away from all concerned as was possible...it's tricky but we have so many midwives off sick at the moment (mostly with depression) that we are just battered.

GWS Hope, get sorted. I will be up to my eyes in night nurse again tonight...I wish it actually made me sleep though!

Hope everyone else well and happy.

M...eldy    pirate
16/10/2012 at 17:41

There certainly sems to be a Wing epidemic

I have just had my shift changed to a 1000-2200 tomorrow, it could be a long old day, on the plus side it gives me a few hours overtime which will fit into the sock quite nicely

16/10/2012 at 19:03

Evening sickos!

I hope you feel better soon, Hope.  No forcing yourself to go into work until you are shipshape again.

Mrs F - has nobody noticed all the midwives are off with depression?  Surely that must be telling somebody something somewhere?

Good news about the sock.

I appear to have broken my arse, which isn't much fun.  I have an appointment booked to get it looked at, I'm hoping it's just tight and some stretching and rollering my sort it out.

16/10/2012 at 19:44

Enters and sprays cillit bang around!

May not get rid of the lurgies but will clean and freshen y'all.....

[Touches wooden leg]

Can I be a member of the 'I never get the lurgy' club please 

16/10/2012 at 21:29
It's not just the midwives but the whole nursing profession? Funnily enough it appears the police service is going a similar way.

And keep your lurgy to yourselves please thank you. I have an important appointment with Fink next week
M...eldy    pirate
16/10/2012 at 21:50

eeek  !!!   

16/10/2012 at 21:59

Nighties!

(Oi, Meldy, get to bed, you've got a long day tomorrow)

(Or, are you at work now?  If so, yikes!)

16/10/2012 at 22:07
Ug. I'm still lurgified...my throat is all white now :-/ I did try to kill it with some alcohol but it doesn't appear to have worked...maybe I didn't apply enough? Think gargling champagne at a press conference might be frowned on, so didn't try that - maybe that was my mistake?
seren nos    pirate
17/10/2012 at 07:46

morning

i do not need to hoover for a while..........the only carpet in my house is in the bedrooms..........i have done mine and with so much books and other things in there temporary i can't see much floor.and i only go in the boys bedrooms once a year

need to look at the positives amongst the mess

M...eldy    pirate
17/10/2012 at 11:05

Morning all

Beautiful day out there today .. sadly only viewed out of the window!!

Hope the lurgies are all subsiding

17/10/2012 at 11:13

Morning.  Yes, it is a lovely one.

I ran before work today.  I've done this for a few weeks now.  I run up to the downs (the other way round to that which some of you have run with me) and by the time I get to the open section with no street lights it's just about light enough to see where I'm going.  I have to say it's a struggle when the alarm goes off but I enjoy it once I'm out there.  My left leg/buttock became uncomfortable from about 45 mins so I shall continue stretching and hoping it will ease.  Will see what they say on Friday about if I need to actually rest it for a bit.

Seren, are you going to strip the boards and have a wood floor or are you going to replace the carpets in due course?

I hope the poorly people are feeling better. It may be that you're going to have to resort to anti-biotics Cas, if it doesn't improve.

17/10/2012 at 12:04

Oooh hello lunchtime.

Hugs/tixylix/GWSs to the lurgied and the wonkyed.  I'm supposed to be swimming this evening, so must remember to pack fins 'n' stuff.  I must also dig out my photocopied Fink to see whats in store for next week.

Hope    pirate
17/10/2012 at 13:53

HellooOoo.
I'm still coughing well, but the sweaty shivery stuff has stopped so I think I'm on the way up. I'll probably go back to work tomorrow. Cas, a white throat does sound like something you might need antibiotics for! I am hoping that if I rest lots I won't end up with a chest infection, so I am being really lazy.

17/10/2012 at 14:41

Week 1 urah

M...eldy    pirate
17/10/2012 at 15:18

You are a few days previous Ms Happy .. go away with yer 'urahs 

17/10/2012 at 18:17

Tixylix made me smile lotsly.

Ferrett - I have Fink if you need it copied again.

My bum really hurts.  It hurts the most when I sit and do nothing.  Driving home is really most uncomfortable indeed.  Oh woe is me and my arse.

How is it going at work Meldymoo?  Are you keeping awake?

Holly_Golightly    pirate
17/10/2012 at 21:58
Was it a beautiful day? I got to work in the dark, and left in the dark, and during the day I sat in meetings. Oh, and ran along the road for lunch in the rain.....

Woe is your arse, mouse.

I am hoping to get out for a run (if dry) or do a turbo before work tomorrow. Night!
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
17/10/2012 at 22:32

(((((((((((((((((((((((((( Mouse's arse ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
17/10/2012 at 23:32

Meldy, I was spot on and only got a brief glimse of it, there was no mistaking that delta wing.

Beautiful

Edited: 17/10/2012 at 23:40
18/10/2012 at 11:34

Good morning!

How are the poorly people? I hope you are all feeling better.

I went on the turbo this morning instead of running, I didn't want to anger my bottom any further.

In other news, I have been trying on frocks for the pending silly season. The dress I wanted to wear to the pirate do is a bit big now, so I'm not sure I'm going to be able to wear it.  However I am back in THAT red dress, you remember the one that you sat through endless witterings from me stressing about?  It's on and done up, but a bit snug so it should fit fine by December 1st.  It may be that I have to subject you guys to it, as none of you have actually seen me wearing it.  I am a bit anxious that I'm going to be rather overdressed though, so we shall see.

I lost another lb this week - up to 1st 9lbs now. I have 12lbs to go to get the the weight I was when I lost it all last time around.

Sorry for the mefest.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.