The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

147,781 to 147,800 of 151,461 messages
M...eldy    pirate
18/10/2012 at 12:30
Awesome Carlos!!

Mefest is more than welcome Mousey

Had a shite sleep, been to see the grey hairy one and am going to do nothing all afternoon I think, nights tonight and if I don't get a snooze in I won't last through to the morning and then I've got a 12 hr night tomorrow

Actually ... If I get a snooze in then I might have a late run before I go to work to liven me up

I may need to think clobber for Christmas do, that's always cheery
18/10/2012 at 12:49

Top shrinking that Mouse- I'm currently going the other way, so I think Operation Nobeer may have to be implemented.

Having been overflown once by that Vulcan I can confirm its really rather loud- and IIRC next year is its last flying season.

In other news there's some rather pretty pics on the BBC newsite http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/19978529 I might have to have a wander back to the RHM.

18/10/2012 at 14:07

hewwo

Yo' lookin' fiiiiiine, Mouselet. *snaps fingers, gangsta style, and sucks pointy teef*

I have done my last run before Patching Cabbages on Sunday; it wasn't pretty. lol. I also noticed that my toes have come through the end of my shoes. Not lol. This has never happened before, probably because I've always managed to have a new pair in waiting.

18/10/2012 at 18:30

I went to the pub last night, drank cyder and had a dodgy kebab on the way home. I shant' fill in the details of how I decided it was dodgy but it wasn't pretty between 3 and 4 this morning. Then I went to work. Just got back from a meeting about our future. If I hear once more about how we are providing a fecking service, I will scream. I know we are. We are providing a lot of service in our own time too, which "they" forget. Now my head hurts.

Hope all good with everyone.

M...eldy    pirate
18/10/2012 at 18:32

Oh look .. its dark o'clock again 

I have just been conned into buying about a doz banananananas off the market .. when I say conned, she was selling it all for £1 a basket and I got a doz Braeburns for the same .... I may have to take some in to work !!

M...eldy    pirate
18/10/2012 at 18:33

Oh !   It would appear I bumped into Mrs F 

seren nos    pirate
18/10/2012 at 18:33

Too much lurgy going on here.i'm keeping away..............house still in a mess.........and i'm off to see calendar girls tonight at theatre

M...eldy    pirate
18/10/2012 at 18:34

Blimey and I knock over Seren on the way out 

19/10/2012 at 09:15

Morning all,

... and then it was the end of the week.  Banananananana bread on the horizon chez Melds?  Hope you enjoyed the theatre Seren and hope the lurgied are continuing their recoveries.  How are the glutes Mouse?  My hip flexors were clunking merrily away at Pilates last night.

seren nos    pirate
19/10/2012 at 09:33

Calender girls was amazing.............its an amatuer group that i go to see.i go to all 4 productions every year for years.............with their patron tickets its really cheap and i enjoy their shows as much as any professional show i have seen...........they ae in cardiff but on my side so not far........

the women were really good and it was all so cleverely done that you couldn't tell they were naked...........but of course they were still revealing all to those who were behind the scenes

they did the full monty 7 years ago and the clever lighting meant that their nakedness was hidden from those front of house

19/10/2012 at 10:45

Sounds like it was very well organised Seren.  Many moons ago I got roped into doing some stagehand work with the Rhiwbina Youth Theatre.  One of their alumni had gone on to set up his own lightlng and sound company which meant we had access to the sound board originally used for the West End production of the show (Little Shop of Horrors).

seren nos    pirate
19/10/2012 at 11:22

This is in Rhiwbina.RATS.rhiwbina amateur  theatrical society.been going over 50 years 4 productions a year and they are really good

joing as patrons for the year ..it cost me and my mother £36 for all 4 productions and a patrons night....£4.50 a show......you can't get a proper theatre ticket for £36

19/10/2012 at 13:46

Cor, small world innit?

19/10/2012 at 17:19

Jjunior's just been asked to audition for an amdram production of Calendar Girls.

She's not going to. But apparently it's very very popular at the moment because it's only recently been made available for amateur perfomance. 

In other news - I have today made personal nutritional history. I voluntarily ate a big pile of curly kale! I think you all know of my lifelong aversion to cooked green vegetables? Well. Dr Nic, formerly of the forums, told me of a tasty way to enjoy things like kale (heave). She said rub oil into it and bake it on a low heat. I did it today. Soooooooooooo yummy! It goes crispy, and tastes just like the 'seaweed' you get in Chinese restaurants! I had a shuuuuuuge bowlful of it immediately, and will include it in all my salads an' things too now.

seren nos    pirate
19/10/2012 at 17:50

i think its good to periodically try things that you don't like as your taste buds do change

19/10/2012 at 18:04
Yes, they do! I used to hate olives and my old boss used to make me try them once a year and one year I decided they were lovely!

I don't feel lovely and I'm about to head into town for an important black tie do for work. Cancelled my meeting this morning so I didn't have to spend the day in the office first but I would much rather stay in bed than get glammed up!
debbo    pirate
19/10/2012 at 19:42
Jj - you can do that with spinach too - I've got some kale - I might bake it

I've had banana and walnut loaf and a cooked breakfast today and last night I saw the Proclaimers - my fave Scottish twins

Boo to the sickly and lurgified
M...eldy    pirate
19/10/2012 at 20:56

I saw the photos on FB Wifey .. you looked even smallerer 

I do agree on tastebuds changing, I can even tolerate a mild curry these days, I think it was Holly that made me eat one a few years ago.
I like the idea of baking the Kale that way

On my budget that it is this month I am going to do a veggie rissotto this week I think ... Just about 12 days to pay day 

Fecking eBay fees are rubbish between them and Paypal I 'lost' £20 on one of my sales

19/10/2012 at 21:37

Wifey - we should start a Wing gallery of us with famous people! Roger Daltrey would have felt quite lofty next to your dainty self, I reckon.

Re tastebuds, yes I think you're right - partly tastes changing (I can have quite spicy stuff these days) and partly a psychological Grow the Feck Up, perhaps, in my case certainly?

I don't know how many saw my honorary* niece's Facebook business page the other day, but I just wanted to say that I ordered a clutch bag for Jjunior's birthday and it's fab! I'm pleased for her, because she's a lovely girl and I really hoped that the goods were worthy of all her hard work. It appears they are. Also, the clothes range is also sold through House of Fraser and New Look, so they're tried and trusted too! [/Emilie's plug]

* coz she and my nephew aren't actually married, though they've got (nearly) two children and have been together for years.

debbo    pirate
19/10/2012 at 22:08
I wouldn't recognise Roger Daltry if I fell over him
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.