148,001 to 148,020 of 151,761 messages
M...eldy    pirate
31/10/2012 at 15:33
I just want to be Morph
31/10/2012 at 15:39

aaah, but, Morph or Chas?

IronM.in    pirate
31/10/2012 at 16:13

Morph. Chas is a pretender to the throne!

M...eldy    pirate
31/10/2012 at 16:24
I am orf to the theatre dahlinks with a spot of supper first
This week is a social whirl ????
31/10/2012 at 17:39
I've been a lady wot lunches and generally had a nice day...and it was actually work too! I had an interview with someone I first interviewed 10 years ago first thing and then spent the rest of the time with the company's communication team who proudly showed me the 10th anniversary edition of their in-house mag, which used to be produced by the company used to work for and was the first contract publishing project that I managed completely on my own
31/10/2012 at 21:24
Just to say I can trump the recent feline lap-sitting. I am currently pinned to the sofa by Fat Cat AND Ginger Whinger

He is lengthwise down my legs and she is on my stomach
31/10/2012 at 21:25
Hope you're enjoying Magwitch and Pip, Melds
seren nos    pirate
01/11/2012 at 07:51

but does your pussy slep between your legs at night Schmunkee...............

I can not believe that i did the snowdon marathon and cthen climbed up snowdon the day after without my leg knee complaining..........also up and down all the stairs in several castles...

but 2 days of cleaning and sorting sons bedroom and the knee is groaning at me

M...eldy    pirate
01/11/2012 at 10:59

Schmunks it was ace!!   Go to see it in Tahn when it comes to the West End .. quite different but quite good!!

I need to get my arris is gear and get to tescos or the cat will leave home in protest

01/11/2012 at 11:19
Just dug great expectations out on my kindle, I'm ashamed to say I have never read it.

Got bread proving and off out into the garden to hack stuff down. Domestic goddess outfit on today.
01/11/2012 at 11:28
I appear to have stopped vomming. Still feel sick though.

Ds car is a write off, garage said that it will be upwards of ??2.5k to fix, plus VAT, as a turbo Quattro thingy...arse. The garage said if it was theirs, they would scrap it. Arse. Just what we needed...

Happy goddessing HC
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
01/11/2012 at 11:36

Have you looked at the option of buying a replacement engine from a accident right off?  I did this a couple of years ago, got a Golf GTI 1.8 Turbo engine for about £800, fitting was about £600.  Its not a cheap option but its something to think about, maybe worth getting some quotes.

My old engine packed up at 120K, the replacement is still going (anything but strongly) at 195K

If you do look into this, do some internet searches for reviews about the recon companies youre considering, I found some bad reviews/watchdog reports on a couple of the more prominent ones.  I got my engine from a company/scrapyard in Southampton.  They had it delivered to the garage of my choice for fitting.

01/11/2012 at 11:50
Thanks Barley, I will pass on to David.
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
01/11/2012 at 11:53

Just to clarify, I got a reclaimed engine, thats not the same as a reconditioned engine, the latter will be more expensive.  I guess the downside of a reclaimed engine is you dont really know what youre getting so its a risk.  At the time the rest of my car was ok so I went with it and luckily it worked out ok.

01/11/2012 at 12:38

Afternoon all,

sorry to hear you're still feeling rotten Mrs F, (()) and GWS wishes winging your way.  Did garage say what was broke on the car?

HC- good luck with Great Exps, we had to read it at school (much slower than I would have liked) and it has put me off reading Dickens ever since.  The RSC production of Nicolas Nickelby (the dead long one they did years ago) was very good.  Top Godessing btw.

I still seem to have a slightly wonky bum- will consult with Pilates teacher, but I think I will mostly be clamming and squatting in the short term.

debbo    pirate
01/11/2012 at 13:24

Mrs F - boo to feeling rubbish - hope you're better soon

FeFe - clamming and squatting sounds better than vomming and squitting

I am off today and tomorrow, having worked 22 out of 32 hours on tuesday and wednesday - I was pooped

today I am mostly doing eff all and going for a little waddle

01/11/2012 at 13:32
Clamming and squatting (giggle).

Love Christmas Carol, I read it every year. So far Great Expectations is living up to its title.

Bread is nearly done and... It loooks like (drumroll) bread. Tah dah :0)

Mrs F phooey to cars. :0(
01/11/2012 at 13:52

FeFe - I read Great Exps at school too

I am having frustrations with my car.  Went online to renew car tax and was told it could not find a valid MOT.  Booked car in for MOT last Monday and was called 90 mins later to say they could not do MOT as they could not get bonnet to open.  It seems this is a comman fault in Focus' of a certain age.

So I have had to pay £150 for them to get the bonnet unlocked before they can even start the MOT and now they can't fit it in til next Monday.

My car tax ran out at midnight

seren nos    pirate
01/11/2012 at 14:02

naughty schmunkee 

I have a W reg Ka sitting here if anyone wants it cheap

M...eldy    pirate
01/11/2012 at 17:46

I know a good Renault if anyone wants to make me an offer??   

I liked the story of GE ... quite a few twists to the tale as well

I have spent a small fortune in tescos, needed to top up on a few toilettries which will always do it !

Mrs F, I gop you and the carGWS

I have a date with Mr Bond after swimming tomorrow 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.