The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

148,201 to 148,220 of 151,213 messages
07/11/2012 at 17:28
I have been to Barley-land today and ended up staying longer than intended as my colleague's company car got a flat tyre...fortunately we found it after our last meeting! I changed the wheel but with her planning more road trips tomorrow and fri, she needed a new one. Glad I only noticed the tyres after we got there as there were bald!!
M...eldy    pirate
07/11/2012 at 17:32

Bald tyres!!!  Thats pretty poor on a company car 

I have done allsorts but pleased to report it stayed dry whilst I went out with my boy

The plumber has been fettling around in the loft and I have hoovered

Obama seems a lot more personable to me than Romney, thats what I shall base my virtual voting on for now

07/11/2012 at 19:50
My colleague is a bit of a numpty with cars and assumed her tyres get changed every time the car is serviced so has never checked them! She didn't get much sympathy from me and knows a bit more about car maintenance now

She wanted to play shoot, shag, marry on the way back but with names of our male colleagues *shudder* I really wanted to shoot her by the time we got back.
M...eldy    pirate
07/11/2012 at 19:52

Ewww ...  

I would quite like to go to bed now .. alas and alack I have to go to work instead

seren nos    pirate
07/11/2012 at 20:07

i want to go to bed but have started stripping all the layers of paint off the fireplace...i wish i had just spray painted it brown............i feel this is not going to end well........and the fumes are going to send me over the edge no doubt

M...eldy    pirate
07/11/2012 at 20:11

Seren, do you ever sit down and do nothing .... ever??   

07/11/2012 at 20:55
With all this energy, I bet she's a great shag.
07/11/2012 at 20:56
Was that a 'think it, don't say it' moment?
07/11/2012 at 21:00

seren nos    pirate
07/11/2012 at 21:02

i'm tooo knackered to shag anything............i'm asleep when my oh comes to bed and asleep whr#en he gets up.................i am awake for an hour or two in the middle of the night but hes always asleep then................

07/11/2012 at 21:18

reminds me i have the MOT next week and the car will need new at least new tyres 

hmm, i am off to Wales tomorrow as it happens 

seren nos    pirate
07/11/2012 at 21:44

and i'm pissed off with this foreplace..........the nitrostuff is slowly taking the paint layers away but not really working on the bottom original black layer...so not sure what that is............

so the last couple of hours have been for nothing.......

i think i'm going to have to give up............paint a gloss layer back on the bits ihave stripped and then get a spray can and try and spray it some kind of suitable colour

07/11/2012 at 21:45
Seren - is it a proper old fashioned black fireplace? If so, google how to restore it. They're worth a fortune btw.
seren nos    pirate
07/11/2012 at 21:50

no mouse.its a cheap one that got put in probably in the refurbishment taht happened just before we bought it... the old ones in these houses were much smaller....its just a cheap surround............

M...eldy    pirate
08/11/2012 at 02:17

Whatever stuff you are using Seren as far as I am aware you need to lather it on and let it stay on if you have numerous coats of it

5 hrs to go and I can head homewards ....

seren nos    pirate
08/11/2012 at 07:37

its the horrible toxic stuff that you musts't keep naked flames near........it has managed to blister and bubble all the coasts off apart from the bottom on..........at the rate it has had to go on it will cost me a fortune to do it all and i will still have the black paint at the bottom.they must have laquered it or something.

i hate it now as I'm running out of time..............

got to do and varnish all the banisters etc that i sanded the other day.............and hopefully apart from the fireplace and recleaning we will be ready to go for the carpets monday.....................

08/11/2012 at 11:24

Morning all,

if it's proper fireplace blacking Seren then I think it will be graphite based and I haven't a clue what would get that off.

Mouse is allowed not to go swimming at some point this week as I managed all on my own last night.  Was going tolerably well until I had to do a Hungarian (25 fly, 50 back, 100 breast, 200 free and down again).  My interpretation was more thrash about a bit for 25m, 50 back, and then a combination of breast and free to prevent myself being lapped.

M...eldy    pirate
09/11/2012 at 18:54
Evening team ... Just checking if Seren has finished the fireplace yet?!
seren nos    pirate
10/11/2012 at 08:36

bben up sice 6 this morning working on it Meldy..............finally got a brown gloss paint that i have painted on it...painted over 5/6 different surfaces which have resuylted in all my aborted atrempts to do some thing other than coloured gloss............will see how it dries now...............

got to get going soon as got a cross country race somewhere.............that 17 mile run/ walk/ stagger around the brecon beacons yesterday folowed by an longer than 3 hour remembrance concert might not have been the best preperation

M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2012 at 17:28

Good evening all

All finished Seren?  

I have had a lovely weekend away with friends, eaten too much, drank too much and I am glad that tomorrow is Monday and I wont need to eat for a week  !!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.