The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

148,241 to 148,260 of 151,213 messages
11/11/2012 at 21:12

Bah humbug.

I shall be running and cycling tomorrow so any swimming will be gratefully received.

M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2012 at 21:16

I shall also be beating a path to the gym as I have neglected that for a wee while and need to be punished.

11/11/2012 at 21:28

Kinky!

What have you been doing this weekend that has been so much fun!!!??!

M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2012 at 21:31

Well to be fair I didnt say it had been fun  

Do you realise that it is 30 mins til bedtime, you still need to plump up your cushions, wipe down the kitchen units and brush your teeth before bed

11/11/2012 at 21:36

Kitchen I did ages ago.

I'm under a blankie watching Homeland and doing a bit of (easy/repetitive) work.

M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2012 at 21:38

I too am under a blankie but the ginger moggy seems to have had a better offer!!

M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2012 at 21:47

Nighties all

11/11/2012 at 22:00

You should have said, I could have loaned you one of mine.

(And it's goodnight from her.)

12/11/2012 at 09:32

'lo

While yesterday's early frosty sunny chilly pretty run was lovely for all the aforementioned adjectives, I didn't enjoy the running bit much. It's as though my legs are either bored (hills, mud, speedwork etc to come, so I know the answer to that one) or actually a bit intimidated by what they'll have to do next April.

Appreciation of positive mental attitude aside, I've been saying to myself that a marathon can't possibly be worse than a migraine, and I've got through countless thousands of those just by saying "it will finish, eventually".

Right. Jobs to be done, money to be earned. Have fun, all.

12/11/2012 at 17:05

Afternoon all,

sounds like some top racing, training, decorating and sausaging (in no particular order).  I ran in a very pretty sunset on Saturday, but was disappointed to miss the parakeets (they were not in their usual roosting tree next to the track).

PMA much underestimated Jj- I'm currently reading feet in the clouds which does go on about this.  Although I'm rubbish at it (I think because I'm more of a glass half empty person) I did actually get visualisation to calm me down in the immediate run up to IMDE. 

M...eldy    pirate
12/11/2012 at 17:23

Totally agree with the PMA, also small intermediate goals take away the enormity of the task at the end

I have done everyones swim for them with a main set of 1600 continual at an easy pace so I have another benchmark, gym done, shopping done and currently noshing tomotoe soup with grated cheese

seren nos    pirate
12/11/2012 at 18:51

evening......i have a new carpet and i am happy...gpong to put the new tv up tomorrow........my mother bought it for us as a early christmas/ thank you present..........so we will have a flat screen thingy.....

and 3 piece arrives on friday,,,,,,,going to try and keep it all clean and tidy and we have a special mat thingy inside the fromnt door so we are adopting a no shoes in the house policy

M...eldy    pirate
12/11/2012 at 18:59

I am so pleased Seren, you were wearing us all out with your stripping and cleaning  

seren nos    pirate
13/11/2012 at 06:48

morning all

as diy is almost over I can start thinking of training again

Hope    pirate
13/11/2012 at 07:42

Top work Seren!

Morning all. I've been a busy girl and not been able to keep up everywhere but am hoping for a calmer week.

Project sun 4hrs at Brighton starts today. I feel a bit wobbly as I was really hoping to have Sally coach me again, she worked wonders with me for Cardiff half. But the wedding is coming and we've started to pay out lots of money for things so coaching will have to wait! Well, the wedding itself is aaAAAgess away but paying for stuff happens a lot earlier. Anyway I can't afford a coach *weep*, but I am for the first time ever going to follow a marathon plan and focus on running. (No swimming yeeehaaaaa!!)

From what I can gather from the book and the P&D thrread I'm lurking on, from now until Christmas is slow and building up mileage. Excellent.... slow I *can* do

seren nos    pirate
13/11/2012 at 07:52

Hope..I can recommend a great mentor who got me to sub 4 on here................if I can do it then super fast slim you can do it

seren nos    pirate
13/11/2012 at 09:07

just spent an ghour reading through my super 6 thread with debbo as mentor.........was amazing to read the training i did in such bad weather......and the times i broke.haven't been running that fast since..............

really inspired me at the right time

Hope    pirate
13/11/2012 at 09:13
Ooh! I hadn't thought of that! I think I'll give the Forum Super 6 a try!
Hope    pirate
13/11/2012 at 09:17
Can you post a link to your thread Seren? X
seren nos    pirate
13/11/2012 at 12:01

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/spring-marathon/rw-forum-six-sub-430/169328.html

interesting seeing how we changed aims and plans as we went along.even in ther last month changing the marathon i would run.......and balancing the marathon training with some bike and occassional swimming.....i really think the bike training helped for the run training

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.