The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

148,281 to 148,300 of 151,761 messages
20/11/2012 at 15:19

I'm popping in to say hello - haven't been in for aaaaaggges and my 'pooter has forgotten I come here as it doesn't tell me if people have posted.

Hope everyone is well and happy.

debbo    pirate
20/11/2012 at 18:06

Hello from me too

I've just run, and it isn't raining here, but it is dark.  I've got to go to work soon too.  I hate night shifts in the winter - I hardly see any daylight.

20/11/2012 at 18:37

I ran too and put on my rain jacket as it's been shite here all day.  It didn't rain a single drop whilst I was out and all I did was sweat buckets inside the jacket and, essentially, make myself poached Mouse.

M...eldy    pirate
20/11/2012 at 18:42

Evening alll

I swam and did a fair few sets of 200 today so I guess that means its 400's tomorrrow 

90 mins at the gym which also involved sitting on the spin bike for 30 mins, I figured that working hard in a warm environment might not be a bad idea !!

20/11/2012 at 20:19
Typical...just about get back into training and I've got another fecking cold!

Fed up with work too. I work for a huge company but I have sO much to do and no one to share it with that I feel very isolated. I think I need a holiday...roll on Christmas!!
M...eldy    pirate
20/11/2012 at 20:20

Goodness Cas ... unlike you to be down in the doldrums

A holiday sounds like just the plan 

seren nos    pirate
20/11/2012 at 20:27

holiday sounds good cas.....need to try and run or swim tomorrow as spending thursday visiting the christmas market in gloucester...........sounds like hell to me.i hate shopping unless its food shopping

Edited: 20/11/2012 at 20:40
M...eldy    pirate
20/11/2012 at 20:40

Christmas markets are nice tho, they smell lovely 

Cas and I went to one last year before the pub !!

20/11/2012 at 21:51

That was lovely last year...I've been keeping an eye out on the Southbank to check when that one returns. When are you free, Melds?

Christmas is keeping me going at the moment...well not Christmas itself but the prospect of 20 days off and TWO holidays!! We're going to Prague just before Christmas (so lots of real Christmas markets and hopefully some snow too) with youngest teen and then the two of us are going for a week in the Canaries from 2 Jan

Next holiday after that will be a trip to the Lakes in July...have a feeling there will be a couple of other wingers there at the same time again!

M...eldy    pirate
20/11/2012 at 22:02

Email me some midweek dates ... I only have one Friday free and that said Friday I need to be in Essex the next day so its a bit dodgy!

I have a nice little seaside holiday booked for May next year

Time for bed 

20/11/2012 at 22:10

nice, sounds holidaytastic here tonight

i worked till 1930 then spoke to my college tutor on the phone when i got home. she suggested some stuff for a rewrite which will mean tomorrow's late stay at work!

major wins today were not sneezing and streaming continually, and missing the torrential rain that started just after i got in

20/11/2012 at 22:16
Cas is it not already there? I was walking along the Southbank the other day and was sure I saw it.
20/11/2012 at 22:35
Not yet, HC...I travel into Charing Cross when I'm in the office so get a chance to check regularly!
seren nos    pirate
20/11/2012 at 22:38

the gloucester one has a dickens theme apparantley and as well as the 150 stalls you have music form brass bands etc and you have characters walking around.urchins and pickpockets and police etc.......and they have lots of cheese stalls

and i am still up as have just collected number 2 son from where the mini bus dropped them off.......a group had been to a recording of jonathon davies rugby show..........they were all handed free beer..........so will have to watch it oin friday when its on tv to see that he didn't do anything silly 

seren nos    pirate
21/11/2012 at 08:15

Cat just hit the TV over for the second time..........how thick is he that he can't see that its now only an inch or so across and not wide enough for his to jump on and lie on

21/11/2012 at 08:54

probably explains why so many are attached to walls

21/11/2012 at 09:19

could you maybe put a bracket on whatever the tv is on (coffee table / side unit etc) to hold TV in place?

seren nos    pirate
21/11/2012 at 10:40

I will have to look at something TMW......third time we might not be so lucky and it might break.............

I have been swimming and sauna.30 mins each..i am now cooking mushrom soup and preparing to go to my first spin class ever.its a women only one so hopefully will be gentle

21/11/2012 at 13:20

Afternoon all,

when I go to Winter markets all I ever seem to buy is Gluhwein (or whatever regional variation is being sold).  Prague sounds like it should be fun Cas.

It's a bit dreich here today

21/11/2012 at 13:32
I think that was all Meldy and I bought last year...she had a cold so it was purely medicinal
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.