The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

148,361 to 148,380 of 151,761 messages
seren nos    pirate
27/11/2012 at 15:44

I did spinniung this morning and it was hard 

27/11/2012 at 16:35

I actually managed to make it to the station today without having to put on my waterproof trousers.  Should be running tonight if I can remember where I put my leggings...

M...eldy    pirate
27/11/2012 at 17:59

1hr swim and 2 hrs in the gym ...  I am just inhaling my tea  

Plum    pirate
28/11/2012 at 10:50

are we shut down already for Christmas..........

28/11/2012 at 11:08

We're mostly in pre-party planning mode (well I am)...

seren nos    pirate
28/11/2012 at 13:59

I have swum and gymmed and spun and thinking about going out for a run...........i might be turning into  atriathlete

M...eldy    pirate
28/11/2012 at 16:50
I have slept
28/11/2012 at 17:18

Tough job, but someone has to do it Meldy.  I have too many things to do in the time I have free this evening before swimming.  I think I'll start by feeding myself and see how far up I can get in Mr Maslow's heirarchy of needs by the end of the evening.

Edited: 28/11/2012 at 17:18
seren nos    pirate
28/11/2012 at 17:30

it was baked risotto night tonight...........

28/11/2012 at 18:14

I have run and been to work.

I shall shortly be facilitating the swimming of others.

Ah Mr Maslow.  Is sex on that hierarchy of needs thingy because I seem to be thinking about it way too much lately?  I think I need to up the training, or drink tonic.  Actually, that's quinine, ignore me.

28/11/2012 at 20:34

does that come under self-actualisation... or is that when you just do it to yourself?

M...eldy    pirate
28/11/2012 at 20:53
I've run
I've showered
I'm off to work

????
seren nos    pirate
28/11/2012 at 22:22

I'm knackered now......I have lots of glow stick ........

29/11/2012 at 00:23

I have been to Mouse Land 

I have a Kindle Fire HD and it's easier to forum with than an iPad because i can do this , I don't have auto correct (so I no longer have an excuse for bad spelling), and i can do this 

seren nos wrote (see)

I'm knackered now......I have lots of glow stick ........

M...eldy    pirate
29/11/2012 at 00:41

Good  

I am almost glad I only have a phone or a laptop to choose from !!

seren nos    pirate
29/11/2012 at 08:06

morning.....

it that the sun i spy again.............working out whether i should go swimming for the third time this week in preperation for saturdays showdown or to rest myself...........

29/11/2012 at 09:21

Morning all,

Mouse- tonic does contain quinine (which can mess with your adrenal glands)- I think you were possibly  thinking of bromide which was the stuff allegedly added in the NAAFI tea.  Maslow has sex at the lowest level but sexual intimacy/relationships at level 3.  I failed to self actualise last night (=skipped swimming).

Anyhoo as Seren says, yellow face is in the sky so must get the bike out and

top up those vitamin D levels. 

29/11/2012 at 18:46

Hewwoooooo!

I have a li'l tale of scaredness. Which is rare for me coz I find absolutely nothing to be scared of in the dark in the middle of nowhere when I'm all on my own and unable to ever run fast enough to get away from anything remotely intimidating.

But yesterday morning I seriously nearly wet myself. 

It was about 5:45. Pitch dark ('member there are no streetlights where I run). I was padding along a narrow road, listening to my book, when i heard something in the background. Dismissed it. Heard it again, and took out my earbuds. I thought - why would someone be using a buzz saw this early in the morning? And where??? In the woods??  Then another one joined it. Quite distant, but long and raucous and with the rise and fall of someone gleefully pulling the cord to make the saw scream. 

I desperately overlaid the Chilterns Chainsaw Massacre image in my head with one of nothing more sinister than an insomniac farmer deciding to use the early hours to clear a fallen tree. I turned up my iPod and padded on. 

Then there was another one, then another, and they were getting nearer. Remember, no lights other than the beam of my headtorch, which picked out only hedges and trees.  Louder, scarier, the further I went, the nearer I got to the source of the noise - or was the source of the noise getting nearer to me?!?

And there were more of them. As one began to die away, another took over, until there seemed to be hundreds, overlapping each other. It became a terrifying cacophany and my logical brain was having a huge problem stopping me from turning around and sprinting hell for leather back the way I had come.

And then, as one single "chainsaw" separated itself from the now horribly loud chorus, I recognised it. It was a feckin COW!! Among what must obviously be several hundred cows, all competing for Loudest Cow of the Year. My relief then gave way to terror - I'd never heard them here, at this time. I'm used to meeting herds of them in the road during the day and it's a lovely part of rural life, but I can see them, and I know what's happening and I can avoid them or make sure they avoid me.

In the dark, with adrenaline already shooting around my system I was seriously close to soiling my Lycra as I imagined that an entire herd had somehow escaped and was charging down the lane towards me. I had absolutely no escape route - the hedges were unbroken and thick - as impenetrable as brick walls. I was clearly going to die, and I would be such a mess, carved up by cloven hooves that I would only be indentifiable by my RoadID.

They hadn't escaped, of course. They were all there in their barn, which was all lit up once I went round the next bend. Presumably there were humans there, too, and the gates were shut. I wasn't about to die a grisly, terrifying, noisy death. *sigh* But I still don't know why they were making that bloody horrible racket - I've run that road so often at exactly that time and it's never happened before.

*sigh*

*giggle*

29/11/2012 at 18:46

Oopsie.

You can see why I didn't put it on Twitter...

29/11/2012 at 18:56

*giggle* indeed Leppy

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.