happy new

18/12/2012 at 22:07

page

M...eldy    pirate
18/12/2012 at 22:21
Too Much Water wrote (see)

everyone looking forward to Christmas?

i can't wait.

hard at work in the garden, putting up new fencing and patio being laid.

We shall blame you when it rains for a month then Chav !!!

18/12/2012 at 22:28

according to my lodger, the weather for next year can be traced from the weather for each day from the 14th december (14th = January, 15th = February etc)

not sure i'm convinced though!

18/12/2012 at 22:30

I am not keen on Christmas. I think there is a belief that everything on the day has to be perfect/full of life,laughter and happiness. I think for those who don't achieve that somehow feel cheated or that they have had a rotten Christmas

In this day and age,it is actually just another day and I tend to treat it as such; no decorations, no tree, no cards. There will be gifts for Jr and we will have to Christmas dinner, but that is all that will be different (apart from not going to work)

Does that make me Bah Humbug

18/12/2012 at 23:02

Don't think so Schmunks, I've mostly given up on Christmas but that's mostly because I don't need to 'cos I'm a household of one.  Will do present swapping and meet and greet with the close family I have this weekend (which will include the youngsters), but I do pick and choose the bits I enjoy.  Christmas cake and pudding are maturing, but given the relative size of my stomach and the average turkey means I'll look for an alternative main on the 25th

M...eldy    pirate
18/12/2012 at 23:41

I do enjoy the variety of Christmas, seeing people and eating turkey and what have you but I do wonder at the pressure to conform when I see trolleys full of food and drink disappearing out of the tills at supermarkets .... it must cost a fortune !

seren nos yn canu    pirate
19/12/2012 at 03:49

I had my christmas might out last night.........cury night after a club run........had a lovely meal ..........

Up needing some diet coke............to counteract the few beers............trying to track down when my new bike will arrive tomoorw so that i make sureI'm in

M...eldy    pirate
19/12/2012 at 05:54

Diet coke to help you sleep ??  

Hope    pirate
19/12/2012 at 07:43

She's a funny one!
I love Christmas... I even enjoy the run up in a way. It's just the not having enough time to do everything that gets to me. Once Christmas Eve arrives that's it though... I'm happy. It's hard work but worth it 

19/12/2012 at 07:56

it was for the dehydartion.....i swear it hydrates faster than coke.but I would think that wouldn't I

19/12/2012 at 12:50

#Chriiiiiiiss-mas tiiiiiiiiime, mistletoe an' wiiiiiiiiiiiine...#  

Lotsa wine. Lots an' lotsa wine last night. Brilliant night out with former company, now clients, still chums. It's a fab Chinese place in Soho with private, sound-proofed rooms ... for karaoke dinners. Shame on you for raising your eyebrows.  *giggle*

As you know, I've been with Mr Jj for 27 years. I would have put money on his not going anywhere near a microphone. Ever. People were laughing last night as my jaw hit the table when he sang a brilliant version of Barry White's My First, My Last, My Everything.

I did a bit of Anastacia, a bit of opera, a bit of drinking, a lot of eating... was great fun. But very tiring. And I've just remembered that I'm out again tonight. Yikes.

Edited: 19/12/2012 at 12:51
19/12/2012 at 12:57

I'm with you on the shopping, Meldy. Crazy bills! Fortunately for our bank balance, we never "do" Christmas Day for the family because my mum absolutely loves doing it and does it every year.

Schmunks, like FeFe I don't think it's humbuggy, it's your choice. If I were on my own I would probably go away somewhere, to be honest. A remote island where it would be just me and the wilderness and only nature's twinkles. I love the idea of Christmas spirit - anything that encourages people to be more outgoing, thoughtful, friendly has to be good - but there is a staggering amount of excess everywhere we look. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Hope    pirate
19/12/2012 at 13:39

Ohh Jj I want to 'like' your post 

19/12/2012 at 13:44

I think I had a bit of excess last night and I'm struggling today................and I need to go and clean out the fridge ready for the shop in the morning and i am doing anything to avoid it.................

and I hope that during my opticians appointment this afternoon i stay awake

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.