148,581 to 148,600 of 151,208 messages
M...eldy    pirate
11/12/2012 at 21:00

They are the best sorts of marathons to do I reckon

11/12/2012 at 21:20

Chav - it was a sign, I tell ye.  A sign

M...eldy    pirate
11/12/2012 at 21:33

Early night for me I think (its warmer under duck down)

Best I put the cake in a tin first or the pikey one will have eaten it by the morning !!

seren nos    pirate
11/12/2012 at 22:09

right.back from my 450 mile round trip to Manchester.shopuld have beena bitshorter but i missed the M5 in the fog

managed a run in the cold up there.....so still on track.need to bike tomorrow.i think it will be  a turbo

seren nos    pirate
12/12/2012 at 08:33

Morning

I believe today is a Jj day isn't it.......

12/12/2012 at 08:47
Ooh! Is it? Whyzat den?
12/12/2012 at 09:07

Morning all,

must see if I can try to find an excuse to write some cheques today.  Had to scrape ice off the inside of the windscreen last night so it must be proper cold.

12/12/2012 at 09:31

Morning.

Cos it's a numberified day, Jj, and you loikes the numbers.

I intended to run this morning.  I'd like to say I didn't because I was concerned about ice but mainly it was because I couldn't be feckin arsed.

(I'll run later)

12/12/2012 at 11:55

oh! lol - so it is.

I was very good and got togged up and went out just now (yes, two daylight expeditions in a row!), but had to cut it short after about ooooh - two minutes. Yesterday's cut was opened up and it HURTS! It's bruised too, so I shall rethink the socks - I prefer li'l ones but the tab exactly coincides with the cuts, so I'll patch it all up and wear longer socks.

Oh - Jjunior had a good day yesterday! Not only was she asked out by a chap she's really fancied for ages (she's only recently single again), but shortly after that she was made much of at work because - she'd actually saved a colleague's life last week! He'd collapsed and bashed his head, so she did the usual staunching of blood flow and questions about why, and history and stuff. She didn't like his colour, and despite his protestations (he refused 999 point blank) she made him an emergency GP appointment, explained the situation, and MADE him go to his 4:10 appointment. At 4:15, in the surgery, he had a major heart attack for which he received the right treatment immediately and is now recovering. The doc said "that first aider's actions saved your life."

12/12/2012 at 16:12

'rah for Jjjunior- on both counts.

M...eldy    pirate
12/12/2012 at 17:19

Nice to hear the First Aid courses work 

There is no room on my sofa as it is full of a collection of brass monkeys

12/12/2012 at 18:16

*plays with balls*

thanks FeFe. And yes, first aid courses really are fab. It's given her confidence, and a few weeks ago she was working alongside some overworked paramedics outside a local nightclub - they sussed that she was a) sober and b) sensible, and let her help with a frightening number of extremely drunk/stoned freshers, several of whom seemed to be bleeding and/or unconscious. *shakes head*

I hope everyone's being careful in the ice and fog. *fret*

M...eldy    pirate
12/12/2012 at 18:18

I might need to be more than half awake at 5.30 in the morning but I am sure that defrosting the car will wake me up

debbo    pirate
12/12/2012 at 19:15
I ran 11 miles in the fog and ice and I'm fine

My legs might drop off tonight at work though!
M...eldy    pirate
12/12/2012 at 19:18

I am feckin freezing sat here .. it cant get much worse

Its going to rain come Friday anyway !!

M...eldy    pirate
12/12/2012 at 19:53

I havebaking DOMS

Have you tried getting butter & sugar 'light and fluffy' when the kitchen is so cold that  the fridge stops working?
I gave up and settled for the consistency of anchor spreadable and mashed the eggs in ....
I went swimming today and thought my arms were going to drop off

Oh, and dont try 15 x 100m reps with 15 secs rest cos its not fun

M...eldy    pirate
12/12/2012 at 19:54

I'm going to bed at Seren o'clock cos I am cold

12/12/2012 at 21:59

Always remember that we have a sofa in a room with an excellent heater. x

debbo    pirate
13/12/2012 at 08:05
Melds - our fridge in the conservatory/dining room stops working too - luckily it is only for drinks.

I'm on the bus and have cold air blasting onto my ankled
seren nos    pirate
13/12/2012 at 08:10

morning

Jj great news about junior Jj

I am cold today and its not even that cold out this morning.need toget on the bike for this training malarky but can't seem to gte myself going..resting HR is up 10 the last few days..not sure if 10 is significant or just rised by the sore throat coughy thing i have

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.