The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

148,581 to 148,600 of 151,850 messages
19/12/2012 at 14:14

I'm afraid to say I don't do cards - we make a charity donation instead and we're going away for Christmas to somewhere (most importantly) without Wifi.  We don't really do pressies and I'll often cook an alternative 'feast'.  No decorations this year either, just a lovely time to relax, read books, maybe run a bit for enjoyment and then watch crap films on the telly.

19/12/2012 at 16:28
I have a tree. I like a tree. It's only a small one. I also make a feature of Christmas cards.

I also remember having a Christmas for one where I determinedly bought all the yummy things I like - p??t??, Brie, Stilton, gammon, smoked salmon and all that happened was that I had to throw away a load of grub because it went off. So now I do have a few treats but I don't go bonkers. I have Kazz visiting this year (as last year) so we'll have a few nice bits I'm sure but we won't got bananas.

I'm loving your story if last night Jj, sounds like a fab night. I hope you (and Seren) are feeling recovered now.

FeFe - I have beef.
19/12/2012 at 16:32
The mystery word is P A T E but iPad autocorrects with appropriate accents and RW clearly can't cope.
seren nos yn canu    pirate
19/12/2012 at 17:57

glad you clarified that one Mouse 

debbo    pirate
19/12/2012 at 18:42

I like a bit of good grub, and I like cards and fairy lights and I have a cardboard 'put together' tree now that I have no children for christmas

I don't ever feel it my responsibility to make christmas fantastic for others though, and I find the whole 'fill your trolley and your belly as if the world is ending tomorrow' obscene.  I will go for a run and most likely eat chocolates and something vaguely nice for dinner, but I'd be happy with a 'meal for a tenner' thing. I have to work all day on boxing day so it doesn't feel like the big holiday it is for many.

I also find it sad that christmas is hyped so much that anyone who is on their own ends up feeling sad and lonely. 

bah humbug

19/12/2012 at 22:59

Evening all,

I got a 'get a life' comment when out running on Christmas Day before last-hmm given the choice...

Mouse- I s'pect I may follow your lead on the beef, I'm vacillating between a beef wellington and beef olives (difficult to find thinly sliced meat).

Sounds like a fab night Jj- I'm still trying to work out Karaoke songs that might work for me.  Most of the rock stuff I'd love to sing is either tenor or counter-tenor/freak which as a (approximation) bass baritone I can't match- that said I was carolling along to some Jethro Tull this evening.

20/12/2012 at 06:23
I think you should come here for Christmas, FeFe, I've run or biked on Christmas Day for several years and only received pleasant Merry Christmassy type greetings (plus I don't know how to make beef wellington!)
Plum    pirate
20/12/2012 at 07:58

Put dead cow in a Wellington silly  

Happy Festives everyone

20/12/2012 at 08:05

ok smartass, where will I find wellies big enough for a cow?

*rolls eyes*

Plum    pirate
20/12/2012 at 08:18

Silly

Just pop the cow in the tumble drier that will shrink it, always works for me 

20/12/2012 at 11:41

morning..........If the world ends then i will die well fed as I have done my christmas shop.....if its just a mini doomesday then i have enough food to last until 2015

M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 18:26
M..o.use wrote (see)

ok smartass, where will I find wellies big enough for a cow?

*rolls eyes*

I've seen plenty of cows in wellies

If the world ends tomorrow then someone else can have my bikes 

20/12/2012 at 18:58

I am a training goddess.............squah ... fresh legs today so managed to beat him 5-0

and then 30 min turbo and the 15 min run

M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 19:33

1hr swim and a 1 & 1/2hrs in the gym for me 

M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 19:34

I'm now going to win at University Challenge in my house .... but only cos the cat is rubbish

20/12/2012 at 20:23

evening all

i have had a good day at work, and now i have a fully functioning fence as well. my mate has done the bulk of the patio also and it is looking good. can't wait to use it fully next summer.

20/12/2012 at 20:56
I have run.

I am in the bath.
M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 21:00

So you have run twice then   

Get you Chav with a patio and everything !   Where are you off to for Christmas this year?

20/12/2012 at 21:04

it is looking good meldy, tomorrow the patio will be finished, hopefully the skip will be lifted, and a few minor jobs will also be completed. the rain has made the remaining soil very sludgey though

i'm off to the parentals on Christmas eve after work, back to rdg early doors on boxing day, not got any time off (in fact i have never had the full time off between christmas and new year!)

hobbit(s) - will wave as i drive past.

what are your plans?

M...eldy    pirate
20/12/2012 at 21:07

My plans are somewhat undecided at the moment due to some last minute rescheduling shall we say !

Whatever I do, I intend to cycle up the road to see my 'oss in the morning  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.