The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

148,601 to 148,620 of 151,761 messages
20/12/2012 at 22:56

T'was wet today, most of my wet weather cycling kit is drying off now.  Mousey I haven't made beef wellington before-it's one of my 'like to try something different' challenges to cook something I've not done before for Xmas.  I fear also I misremembered the beef olive recipe- yes to mushrooms but no olives.

Top training and patioing to all as appropriate.

20/12/2012 at 23:37
I have very sore hip flexors and it was nowt to do with yesterday's intervals or today's threshold run...nope, it was my new three inch heeled knee high boots that I'm blaming!

I had to buy the boots yesterday in a rush as the heel on my beloved expensive Duo boots snapped on Oxford Street en route to lunch with an advertiser :O never managed to get high street boots to fit my calves before so I'm shocked that I didn't have to resort to buying some ballet pumps or court shoes.

We're off to Prague early tomorrow until Christmas Eve so I think I'm sorted for Christmas now...either that or it's too late!

Chav...if you need to escape on Christmas Day I will be about...Smiffy is working and the kids are at their Mum's. I'm planning a long run but aiming to head out at 8ish so I'll be back about lunchtime. I'm gonna have beans on toast
20/12/2012 at 23:56

think i'll be alright casbut ta... may drop in on Bromley parkrun before the madness begins. have chosen to assist with the cooking to help my arthitic mother. brother and fiance will no doubt be too busy cuddling up with each other

beans on toast, lovely!

21/12/2012 at 00:01
There's a PR in Orpington now too...it's at Goddington Park
21/12/2012 at 00:17

yeah, so i see, not happening on Xmas Day though...

21/12/2012 at 06:41
Smiffy will have my car that day so I haven't looked into what's running and when tbh.
21/12/2012 at 07:22

one of the guys who runs it was in my class at school

true story

21/12/2012 at 08:32
Morning.

Have a lovely time, Cas.

Woo hoo Chavlet, nice patio.
Hope    pirate
21/12/2012 at 14:07

Hello wingers... oh?
There, that's better! Just stopping for a quick catch up and cup of tea. Are we all feeling christmassy yet??

I'm exhausted but am going to try to pull myself together before tonights works do. They are usually messy but fun affairs  I'm going to either have an afternoon nap or go to a yoga class, I haven't decided yet. 

We're nearly there  

21/12/2012 at 14:14

Afternoonicles.

Have a super, super time, Hope. Will you be wearing the shorts?

I have been for a sports massage.  I am now going for a lie down.

seren nos    pirate
21/12/2012 at 16:36

shattrered today so a second rest day.......lifes a bit busy for everyone at the moment

21/12/2012 at 18:32

*bounce, bounce, bounce*

I am happy.  This is probably going to be my last winter spent huddled under a duvet with Jr in the lounge every winters evening.

I have just submiited plans for an extension to the local Council.  Also, included in my grand design is the installation of central heating as well as converting the downstairs back to two rooms which can be closed off and made snug and warm.

My kitchen will be at the back of the house (currently the bathroom is there) so that I can actually see my garden on a daily basis and maybe finally benefit from seeing the bulbs I plant each year grow

(PS The bike can also come out from being on the turbo stand under the stairs and have its own place in the newly-formed front room)

I am soooo excited I just wanted to share with someone

seren nos    pirate
21/12/2012 at 18:43

exciting plans Schmunkee...... I have my lounge to my self a lot as the boys like to live in their bedrooms now.....

i would be lost withourt central heating .... don't know how people manage...........i know we didn't have it as kids but i can rememeber being freezing gertting out of bed

M...eldy    pirate
21/12/2012 at 18:48

How exciting Schmunks!!!

Back to work for me tomorrow, seems a bit weird at this time of the year when everyone else is packing up for a few weeks

debbo    pirate
21/12/2012 at 22:22
I'm working too Melds - I worked all day today, also working 14 hour shifts tomorrow and Sunday, then boxing day, then four nights over new year

It pisses me off sometimes, when FB is full of 'no work till blah blah' but hey ho
debbo    pirate
21/12/2012 at 22:36
Schmunks - sorry - too busy being mrs grumpy to say 'how exciting!'
Hope    pirate
22/12/2012 at 00:56
I'm working over Christmas too Debbo.
Exciting stuff Schmunks.

I danced all night at the party, was fun but weird when everyone is getting very smashed. Being pissed just doesn't appeal to me anymore, the recovery takes too long! I still had a nice time, and pulled of an impressive dance move standing on a chair then on the back so it tips.... I'm amazed (and grateful) I landed it in those heels!!

My boss was well impressed! Ha ha!
M...eldy    pirate
22/12/2012 at 08:16

Blimey Hope!   Good job you had yer ninja shorts on eh  

22/12/2012 at 09:29
I am working all over the Christmas period too, Debbo
22/12/2012 at 09:50
Schmunks, that sounds fab! I hope it all goes through.
Sorry for those of you that have to work through Christmas, but thank you for providing the services we all need to keep our little world safe and caring. xx
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.