The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

148,821 to 148,840 of 151,213 messages
debbo    pirate
28/12/2012 at 13:47

it's probably the thought Jj - think positively abut it

I'm having more waitrose curry for dinner - we're saving a fortune on food as BtS hasn't eaten more than a tiny portion of food in a day for nearly a fortnight

I can't smell if there is anything dodgy in the fridge as the stilton aroma masks everything else 

seren nos    pirate
28/12/2012 at 16:06

and now I've got a craving for stilton which will bugger up todays eating plan

debbo    pirate
28/12/2012 at 16:17

stilton should be a compulsory part of all eating plans

M...eldy    pirate
29/12/2012 at 19:03

I've just had Stilton 

and red wine

as a reward for housework & ironning 

debbo    pirate
29/12/2012 at 19:52
I've had loads of Stilton but no wine cos I'm working tonight - booo
seren nos    pirate
29/12/2012 at 20:10

I've had stilton and wine ( not red wine obviously)

M...eldy    pirate
29/12/2012 at 20:14

You need a few days off Wifey so you can have some port with it 

I have red wine now.... I have no doubt i'll be asleep in 5 mins!

Off out on the bikes with the 2 hobbits tomorrow, I need to think of a suitable route

seren nos    pirate
30/12/2012 at 08:21

enjoy your ride eldy.....don't get lost ..

I'm off on the road bike for the first time in ages...........we have a break in the rain but I don'tknow for howlong

30/12/2012 at 09:34
It's pouring again here. I think we're going to be washed away. I feel really sorry for those further South West being flooded out.
Hope    pirate
30/12/2012 at 09:50

It's actually stopped here, but yesterday was incredible. Sheeting down for the whole day.

Everyone here is still in bed. I can't decide what to do with today. We've had a lot of lazy days so I'm tempted to drag the gang up a mountain or something, but everywhere is going to be so stogged in mud! I shall have a think over my third cup of tea 

I think on the whole Christmas was a success. Apart from my chest infection and Garr managing to get a cold twice, we all had a good time. I just need to decide what we're going to do with NYE. We usually stay in but now the kids are older we were kind of thinking of taking them to our favourite pub (quiet village pub) for a couple of hours. The only thing that's stopping me is the thought of mixing with lots of people with colds.... I'm on a mission to get us all back to full health. I'm sick of hearing sniffing!!

seren nos    pirate
30/12/2012 at 12:32

Hope.we usually stay in now. for 4 years we did the Nos galan races at mountain ash...a brilliant evening and we still got home by 9 :30 to have  a drink.........

managed just under 3 hours on the road bike and it stayed dry.so well chuffed

Yes Mouse.south wales seems to have missed most of the flooding again..but then built as we are on mountain sides in the valleys it would have to be the end of the world before we got flooded

seren nos    pirate
30/12/2012 at 12:38

and now its pouring down.......My hubby had to wait for me to get home to do his run.........and he is still running 

Hope    pirate
30/12/2012 at 15:10
I managed almost 10 miles then decided to be sensible so rang Garr to get me. I had hoped to do 14 but it started raining hard and the wind was icy. I thought that given I'm only just over a chest infection it's better to play it safe.

Was nice to get out though.
Plan is to tackle the ironing this afternoon. I'm just deciding which film to watch.
30/12/2012 at 20:40

Hewwo.

We had SUN today!! Only for a bit, but it coincided with our having to drive somewhere so it was lovely.  

Re the rain - it's never been something that bothers me, and like most of us I think I feel a perverse sort of pleasure in defying bad weather and getting out there to run. Well, I did that yesterday for an hour and a quarter of hills - and I didn't enjoy it one tiny BIT I didn't. 

I've always thought that being soaked through was an absolute. That once you were in that state you couldn't get any wetter so it didn't matter. Yesterday it did. I didn't wear a cap because I thought it would be blown off, so the sheets of water were washing all my sweat into my eyes, and I was getting (what in retrospect must have been) comically angry. 

Aaaaanyhoo. Tick.

Been awake since 3am, so maybe a li'l glass of something nice and I may have to be carried to bed.

Oh, actually, there's a thing. I was grappling with the salad drawer in the fridge today and had to get on to my knees - normally something I avoid because of the pain. Mr Jj saw me and asked if I needed a hand to get up. So I gratefully put out a hand - but he bent down, grabbed me under the armpits and physically lifted me clear of the floor! I forget how strong he is.

seren nos    pirate
31/12/2012 at 09:14

Jj.....take a buff with you and if its windy you can arrange it over the hat to keep it on..........i always wear a hat to run and found the buff is the only thing that works for me..........

morning

forgot hubby was going in late and so woke to think he had slept late  and i had mised my run.......

then realised he was having a lie in and grabbed my swim kit to go and get the early morning swim done.....hate it but so pleased to have ticked that hour swim off my spreadsheet

seren nos    pirate
31/12/2012 at 21:30

Blwyddyn newydd dda Pawb

Hope    pirate
01/01/2013 at 09:26

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! 

Anyone making any resolutions?? 

It'f finally stopped raining here and my 'it's gone...it's back again...it's gone' cough seems to have left so I'm going to get my first run of the year done nice and early. 

Had a great night last night. Just a meal and games with the kids but it was a good laugh. I really want to get the tree down today though. I love Christmas but I'm ready to get back to it now. 

01/01/2013 at 09:41

Happy New Year - I think the weather's made a resolution. It's gorgeous here. Sadly, I'm still in my fluffies. Stayed up waaaaay past my bedtime last night and I'm so tired! 

But run I shall. After some more tea.

xx

Hope    pirate
01/01/2013 at 09:53

I'm doing tea by the bucket this morning too. 

01/01/2013 at 10:12

Morning all,

happy new year and all that.  Sun has also got its hat on down here, but I have some work things to tidy up first, so I s'pose I ought to crack on with that... 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.