The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

148,861 to 148,880 of 151,406 messages
M...eldy    pirate
07/01/2013 at 22:44

Evening all

My sleep was interrupted AGAIN by Southern Gas showing off their pneumatic drills outside my window.  Heads will roll

22 mins run and 18 mins warm up/down and nothing fell off   

08/01/2013 at 08:31
Good morning and good night where appropriate.

I went swimming this morning. I'd quite like to go to bed now but alas lots of work to be done.

Happy birthday Wifey!
debbo    pirate
08/01/2013 at 11:50
Why thank you Mousie, It is 6.48 Canadian time and I'm up and getting ready for action! I will most likely spend my birthday shopping, waiting in for the heating man to come back, running and then going to my sister's for dinner
08/01/2013 at 13:19

I can think of worse ways to spend a birthday

Hope    pirate
08/01/2013 at 13:30

Happy Birthday Wifey xx

08/01/2013 at 13:55

Many happy returns of the day Debbo, hope the heating man doesn't keep you hanging about for long.  Enjoy dinner.

In other news, the thing I've spent most of last week changing needs changing again

08/01/2013 at 19:29

Hoppy burpday Debbo.  Have a good and special one!

In other news....... Yes I can confirm my triceps still feel like they are bruised.......   From SATURDAY's workout....!  

In even more exciting news.....  Have I told you my bod aches? 

08/01/2013 at 20:55
Evening folks and aching bunnies. I have spun this evening. First class back, I nearly died.
08/01/2013 at 20:59
Oh and does anyone have any thoughts or wisdom for me please? My laptop is on its last legs and work will replace with a laptop or a desktop. I'm thinking a desktop this time as I seem to go through laptops too quickly. I wonder if I use them too much but surely that can't be right? So, anyway, PC vs Mac thoughts please? How does one right click on a Mac? Will it talk to my garmin?
08/01/2013 at 23:27

I suspect you might need a BtS or a Buddha on this one Mouse, my understanding is that it's less of an issue these days with Apples as the Intel based ones can run windows emulators to allow you to use PC software. 

Will this be a home computer or work based one and if the former will it need to talk to any other computers in your house?  The networking if you have 'some and some' is a little more complex (as I understand it) but can be done. 

If portability is not an issue I'd generally go for desktop over laptop as you have more options regarding things like graphics cards and upgrades, but that said computers are becoming more of a throw away thing so whether you'd need to get into the upgrade path depends on your requirements (i.e. are you a PC gaming enthusiast who would need to be able to stick in the latest graphics boards).

Lawks what a ramble. 

Really not feeling a lot of love for the pool tonight but mostly down to an unexplained shortness of breath- masters session tomorrow so hoping for a bright brave new day.

seren nos    pirate
09/01/2013 at 08:38

morning

sorry no idea Mouse.....

i am all dressed to go out on the bike....i have sorted the household duties out and it is sunny and dry out.....so why am i sat here stalling  for time............i need to just get ouit there and do it.........

yes i do and i will in a minute

seren nos    pirate
09/01/2013 at 08:40

its colder out hough so not sure if i need more clothing...........might get a cold core

09/01/2013 at 11:35

Mouse if you plug a 2 button mouse into a Mac you suddenly get right click! It's not identical to the windows right click in applications but it's close enough for most.

Even my ardent mac enthusiast video eidtors use 2 button mice with them.

How long are your laptops lasting you? If it's a business one then I'd expect 3 years if it's a home one I'd expect 18 months.  

debbo    pirate
09/01/2013 at 13:53
My MacBook has been going since 2008 - slow now, but it is still going

I'm doing a longish run today but its -4 at the moment brrrrr
09/01/2013 at 15:12

My 'new' laptop is now about 8 years old, I need at some point to do some serious rationalisation of IT kit as there are at least 4 machines in the house.

Debbo are you talking Celcius or do you have to talk in Farenheit now you are 'over there', on either scale that's still nippy.

debbo    pirate
09/01/2013 at 15:14
I'm talking Celsius- it's up to 2 now so I guess I should get out the door
M...eldy    pirate
09/01/2013 at 17:48

Evening all

Run number 4 done .. 7/10 for that one

100m intervals in the pool .... not fun!

seren nos    pirate
09/01/2013 at 19:57

today was gorgeous for cycling so i just kept going.........found myself another cyclist to tag along with and went for a coffee with him.its ammazing how easy it is to pick up men when exercising...........just over 72 miles done and heart rate nicely under control again

good news on the run meldy

M...eldy    pirate
09/01/2013 at 20:22

I *never* pick up men on my bike routes ... unless you count the 80yr old up the hill to Wing who left me for dead 

09/01/2013 at 20:27
Evening. I gave up and ordered another desktop PC. It was easier, work are happy with that and I seem to kill laptops, though I suppose I am getting almost 3 yrs out of them so maybe I shouldn't grumble. It's just that they're not ??300 jobbies from Tesco. They're usually a grand's worth of kit.

I'm just eating and then back to work. No time to do my planned run today. A shame.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.