The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

148,901 to 148,920 of 151,861 messages
Hope    pirate
10/01/2013 at 13:29

That's horrible Deb, hope you get it seen to today.

Well done at awesomeness Seren 

I'm not doing anything awesome today, but I am basking in the glow of a fairly awesome run last night 

10/01/2013 at 15:40

The quality of the components joints and solder in computers has gone down over many years now so that they just don't last as long as they once did. That has gone in hand with them being seen as disposable objects .  It's also why they're now pretty much worthless once bust where as they used to have a scrap value.

That's even the case in the £1000 + business machines unfortunatley.

But you guys all sound like my ideal users who actually take care of their kit.

2 month old iPad smashed yesterday when it was dropped in a van and hit the metal gear stick. 

Or there was the one that got run over, or the blackberry that was dropped down a festival portaloo, which they only told me after they'd slapped it in my hand.

seren nos yn canu    pirate
10/01/2013 at 15:58

oh dear alibear.rmeind me never to lend you my laptop

i have just run......a little damp out ... not sure whether to let the kit dry on me as i have got running club in 2 hours or to showrr and get clean kit

10/01/2013 at 17:27

Seren,

if it was me I would first check in the clean clothes drawer.

Ali- I have managed to wear out one of my portables, but that was taking it on a regular weekly airflight to Europe and even then it took some years to succumb.

Back in the day I got a call from one of the factory schedulers I used to support.  He'd split coffee on his keyboard, but being an enterprising chap he'd rinsed it with water and then left it on top of one of the furnaces on the factory floor to 'dry off'.  When they eventually plugged the by now Salvador Dali shaped keyboard back in they found it no longer worked.

Hope    pirate
10/01/2013 at 17:44

Hello  

Seren you're a proper little training machine. Go you!

I'm about to get my yoga mat out. I have achy legs and I think I need a bit of a stretch.

Ali, you're almost as bad as me with gadgets.

10/01/2013 at 17:51

over 13 hours training in 4 days.i am going to be able to have an easy weekend

10/01/2013 at 18:17

one college assignment completed over the course of back-to-back 16 hour days done

one haircut done

one run done

one showerhead de-scaled with vinegar done

and hello all before i disappear again

10/01/2013 at 20:51

TMW..well done on getting another assignment done

11/01/2013 at 15:08

Waves at departing TMW

Afternoon all, feeling a bit mangled after yesterday's pilates.  Sat on horns of dilemma, swim with Masters this evening at unfamiliar pool with no spare time for usual get lost nonsense or at daft o'clock tomorrow morning? 

Edited: 11/01/2013 at 15:08
11/01/2013 at 15:10

just dip in the river Ferret.

I am knackered.shopping is more tiring than training

11/01/2013 at 16:39

I feel the need to point out it'snot me breaking things it's my users. The MD's just walked past with a £1400 laptop side ways in his hand swinging it as he walks along. Lid open and it's still installing microsoft updates as he swings it. Le Sigh.

Solid state drive for him next I think.

M...eldy    pirate
11/01/2013 at 18:34

Evening all

Today I have drunk a lot of coffee  

11/01/2013 at 21:21
Today I've not drink enough! The hot water thingy in the new office only does warm verging on hot water, not boiling water so tea and coffee are grim and I've resorted to fruit tea! Don't get me started on the IT carp or the clear desk policy.....

Still I had fun annoying people just by being tanned from my hols
12/01/2013 at 06:51

Running and body pump this morning.  Here's hoping it doesn't take me 5 days to stop aching again!

In other news........ Why do my cats get me up at silly o'clock to be fed and watered and then they go back to sleep leaving me wide awake.  Stern words are in order!

12/01/2013 at 07:42

I'm trying out a new park run for me today..........ran the course before i believe for a triathlon and aquathon............hubby can then run home from there as his long run and we both are happy.makes a different route for him

12/01/2013 at 07:49

Oooh have fun on a new parkrun adventure Seren We are doing our usual, D is doing his 246th today...not long until the golden 250 tee shirt. It's the weekend before his 40th, so I am going to throw him a parkrun party, as he doesn't want any other sort of party! I'm lagging behind, I've only done 171...pesky cyst on brain caused me not to run much at all for two years...else I'd have been near my 250 as well. On that note, best go get ready...must firstly stick nose out of door to determine if it's actually freezicating or if the weather man is just making things up.

Hope all Wingers are well and happy.

M...eldy    pirate
12/01/2013 at 07:55

Is a golden tee shirt better than a golden post box?  

Mrs F its damp

12/01/2013 at 14:00

Errrm, probably not...it's black with an OTT swirly whirly design for the 250...was a nice run though, still slippery underfoot & a bit hairy at times.

I am currently being traumatised by shoes. If only I could squeeze my overly fat feet (I know, if they were skinny they wouldn't match the rest of me!) into something besides New Balance, the world would be my oyster. Sadly it means being traumatised by the sales boys and girls in Sweatshop, who know NOTHING about shoes in there any longer, they used to be so good. Now they are literally just like Saturday boys and girls in M&S but less helpful. Sigh.

M...eldy    pirate
12/01/2013 at 14:22

New Balance are just soooo nice tho  ...  

and they do free returns on line I think

debbo    pirate
12/01/2013 at 15:38
Is a golden tshirt better than a golden shower?!

I am still a cripple and I don't like it
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.