The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

148,981 to 149,000 of 151,461 messages
M...eldy    pirate
14/01/2013 at 20:37

I'll be happy just to be able to run the distance and then I can concentrate on 'speed' ... isnt it funny how being away from one discipline makes you want to do it more?  ok ok I know this is not necc the case with the pool for you lot, is it just a case of running being the one ?

seren nos    pirate
14/01/2013 at 21:01

its definitely the case with running..............as soon as i'm injured I really fancy running...........

missed my run today so will fit it in later in the week.....didn't get up at 5:30 this morning...........after swimming had to fit in sons for school taxing and mother shopping......and then tonight was squash.................managed 5-0 again against hubby but it can close in the last game

thought about running home but decided would keep my legs fresh for tomorrows bike ride.....

Hope    pirate
14/01/2013 at 21:04

For me running gives the biggest 'feel good' factor. Nothing else quite comes close and I think that's what I miss when I'm unable to do it so I do understand Melds. Hopefully you are well on your way to recovery now 

Seren I don't know about incredibly quickly. I'm hoping for a PB but and I am focusing on running, but anything can happen. 

seren nos    pirate
14/01/2013 at 21:08

I get a great feeling from the bike when its dry and sunny,...................my last few rides have been awesome

M...eldy    pirate
14/01/2013 at 21:09

I always thought that for me it was because the running came first, I enjoy the other two but I am not sure I would have the same longing if I were unable to do it for an extended period of time? 

I have to say tho being off running has made me want to do another Ultra and I may have that opportunity later this year with Lanza being early enough to make a recovery

In other news I thought I had a mild ear infection/niggle/water logged but last night I have developed a sore throat and a bit glandy all on the same side so have taken some parrots-ate-em-all to see if I can shift whatever is lingering, didnt swim today in case it compounded any issues

14/01/2013 at 21:27

all this multi sport talk is a little bit over my head

anyway...i worked till 7 on my salary regrading, then got a cold train home, and did a short recovery run of about 25 mins (compared to a 'long' run of 45 mins)... all good progress.

aim is to do about an hour or so by the end of the week

Plum    pirate
14/01/2013 at 21:39

i am 21 again on wednesday..... I was giving you all time  to save upo for summat expensive.....

seren nos    pirate
15/01/2013 at 07:04

I'm old enough to be your mother then Plum

will have to reschedule long bike i think

15/01/2013 at 09:55

oh so it's not today then, I thought it was 15th, same date as a friend of mine in Bristol.

It should de-ice enough to ride as long as you don't go onto very, very sheltered roads, Seren.

Morning all.  I have been swimming again.  Meldy will have to watch herself soon.

*rolls on floor laughing at own joke*

15/01/2013 at 12:36

Afternoon everyone,

I should be swimming tonight but may bin it in favour of a longer run.  I don't know whether I've got a favourite sport, swimming currently veers between really interesting and frustrating depending on what's on the set list, I could probably do with some 1:1 on my 'off' strokes (which is anything not front crawl).  Had a bit of a breakthrough on my last LSR so feeling the running love at the moment, so just need to work a little more on cycling mojo.

15/01/2013 at 13:05

I am going to try and run 5 miles tonight, will be the first time in a long time

seren nos    pirate
15/01/2013 at 13:32

Mouse my road is like an icerink........lethal still............and they didn't grit the road through the town/ village either..........

even I'm not silly enough to try and get out of the village in this...................hour done on the turbo 

M...eldy    pirate
15/01/2013 at 15:48

5 should be ok for you Chav ... you have been building up quite nicely I would have thought

I have done nothing today, still got a sore throat and am a bit tired, I have a 'marathon clinic' tomorrow which is basically consisting of a free 30 min physio appt and a free 30 min sports massage, both of which I can make very good use of especially as the physio will include a flexibility test and a gait analysis ... next step on the way to recovery!!!

15/01/2013 at 17:24

meldy... 3.5, 3.8, 3, 4.1, 2.4 my 5 runs this year

previous ones some months ago

Hope    pirate
15/01/2013 at 17:46

I have a pace session to do.

After the day in work I've had it will be a major stroke of good luck/karma/constant tail wind... or me managing to find a 7 mile down hill. 

15/01/2013 at 17:51

Fair enough Seren.  I would do the same.  It wasn't so bad here.

That sounds great Meldy.  Is that through work?

M...eldy    pirate
15/01/2013 at 18:05

No not through work .. through the gym that I use, they do a lot of incentives, this one is for newbie marathon runners I think but they cant discriminate against me 
It also includes (I think) then a discount package for physio if further treatment is needed
Its a nice little gym  

15/01/2013 at 20:34

only 4.7 miles for me, did 53 minutes. 

running slower than i thought, but at least it was a comfy pace

seren nos    pirate
15/01/2013 at 21:07

hadf a great offroad torch run with running club tonight.10k done in minus temps and on ice and snow in many places.......great fun

M...eldy    pirate
15/01/2013 at 21:19

Well done both!

I love this time of the year for running .. Chav I am running much more slower than I did but am quite glad for the chance of getting out there!

Being up to 40 mins or so at the moment I am almost close to treating myself to a run in the woods (that loop takes me about 45 mins) and that is ACE in the snow 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.