The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,101 to 149,120 of 151,742 messages
22/01/2013 at 10:32

Morning all,

pavements like skating rinks down by here but roads look fine and nothing falling out of the sky.  Don't know whether I'll have a car tonight so swimming looking iffy.

Broke my third thing, but as it was only an Excel macro that's hardly the end of the world. 

Sleep well Meldy.

M...eldy    pirate
22/01/2013 at 10:42

Mousey I may well have had the car bonnet up?  

Thank you Ferret but I dont get to leave here until 4pm  !!

seren nos    pirate
22/01/2013 at 11:23

sons exam done and dusted and i survived driving on the snow.......safely home...debating training

22/01/2013 at 12:38

looking better here, ice gradually melting on the pavements.

didn't go for a run last night as i felt a bit sleepy, will remedy that tonight.

M...eldy    pirate
22/01/2013 at 15:15

I think I have another run scheduled tomorrow .. scaled back somewhat this week with an increase at the end

The whinjury I have is quite puzzling, I am managing to increase the time/distance without too much trouble, I am doing my heel drops and stretching and what have you ... yet if I walk for any extended time it 'gives me gip' - Not that I am complaining, i'll do less walking and more running but its a bit weird and I dont know what the problem is

22/01/2013 at 16:56

As I'm not yet one of the twitterati I'm not certain I'm up to date with your whingery Melds- is it still the achillies that's grumbling?  I'm guessing you've eliminated rogue shoes as an aggrevating factor?

I think I must have misread your second sentence in your post this morning as leaving work within an hour.

No word from the garage so I can only assume they are still hunting for an alternator.

seren nos    pirate
22/01/2013 at 17:01

I have just done 2 1/2 hours on the turbo....I now need a stiff drink

Meldy strange one on the run/ walking

22/01/2013 at 17:07

Meldy - did your person comment or give any advice at your gym assessment last week?

Well done on the turbo Seren, it's soul destroying, isn't it?

I'm trying to decide on my preferred mode of transport to the spin class tonight.  Suspect it may be legs.

seren nos    pirate
22/01/2013 at 17:46

we have been promised more snow all day but it hasn't materialised yet

22/01/2013 at 17:49

It's snowing here again.  Not sure if it will come to anything.

M...eldy    pirate
22/01/2013 at 18:35

Home 

Seems to be a bit of a thaw happenning here .. lots of slush and less ice than this morning

Mousey .. physio didnt really add anything other than I was doing the right thing rehab wise, we had a 30 minute session which concentrated on strength & flexibility tests et.c so not really a full diagnosis session, if this continues then I may book and see what he says but all the while the running is going ok then I am not toooo concerned, and following my walking about on Sunday although it was less than comfortable the next morning was ok after about 5 mins of waking

Seren, top turboiing !!

22/01/2013 at 19:27
Snowing again here!

Lots of snow seen en route to Fleet but Hobbiton does seem to still have the most...guess that's what happens when you live in the Kent mountains.

I'm going to ban Smiffy from using my car...left to pick up my colleague with a tight schedule and the fecking fuel light was on again!!
M...eldy    pirate
22/01/2013 at 19:29

Take it out of his pocket money Cas

22/01/2013 at 20:35

we had a mini-thaw developing, however it is now snowing again, 40 mins ran in the snow

seren nos    pirate
23/01/2013 at 07:07

more snow last night.means I'm going to have to try driving on snow again....when did i become a wuss and not like it.....................

I'm heading northwards which means i know the roads get worse the further up the valleys I go...........

never mind..only 5 miles

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 07:12

Just take it easy Seren, you'll be fine

Roads down here are not too bad at all, a slight dusting of the white stuff over night on higher ground

I need to run this evening and remind my core what it should be doing

seren nos    pirate
23/01/2013 at 08:37
81 children in out of 1400....now that is worth opening the school...only a couple of tthe15 buses were running.....no teaching will be done today
23/01/2013 at 08:45
I got home from spin last night and ended up working until just gone 11pm and then massively overslept this morning. There really is little point in my working late, if I don't set an alarm my body will take the 8hrs sleep it wants.
M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 09:09

You still got a hefty 'to do ' list Mousey?

23/01/2013 at 09:27

Yes but it's easing.  I'm hopeful that I'll clear the backlog this week and then next week I can get into a smoother routine.

The sleep thing is interesting rather than dire straits as I'm WFH at the moment anyway.  This means I don't set an alarm.  It's rare that I'm not up between 7-7.30 with natural body clock and animals that want feeding so I find it amusing that if I just roll things back a bit, my body will take the sleep.  It just means I'm a bit later to my desk today than I would have liked and will finish a bit later tonight (in the sense of a normal day) but will try and go to bed at a proper time and not work until all hours.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.