The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,121 to 149,140 of 151,213 messages
M...eldy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 18:25

There is snow expected, personally I dont think it will be much but what do I know!!!

You wont change it Wifey, go with the flow

17/01/2013 at 21:01
Hi honies, I'm home!

My mum (aka the Mouse Armageddon warning unit) has called to advise I'm in the same red zone as Seren and I should anticipate being snowed in tomorrow and have I stocked up? I've just discovered I only have enough cat food for breakfast so I might just kick the little feckers out for a week or two orrrrr I might just WALK to the shops!!

I can't believe the news reports though, and it's not even snowed yet!!!
seren nos    pirate
17/01/2013 at 21:03

i thought that we were special and it was only a small red zone.and everyone else amber..................

I am upset that I'm not as special as i thought I was

17/01/2013 at 21:05
I haven't got a clue. Heaven forfend that my mum might be exaggerating, she's not prone to that at all.
M.r Zuvai    pirate
17/01/2013 at 21:44
M...eldy wrote (see)

Red snow must be lots of fun ... better than yellow snow

Mr Z .. what day? We are going Sunday

yup - im there sunday too

17/01/2013 at 22:12

mouse

the train company has issued a revised timetable due to the threat of snow which includes not running trains to the town where i work

17/01/2013 at 22:17
You have to laugh at them cancelling trains due to snow that might happen. FFS!
M...eldy    pirate
17/01/2013 at 22:18

Mr Z .. I shall sport a pirate buff just in case you've forgotten what I look like 

AIming for the Bike Show in the morning and the Outdoor show in the afternoon

17/01/2013 at 23:19

i'm not laughing that much mouse, they cut out a few unimportant lines, including the branch line i take. it puts 2 stations out of action, including the one next to the office!

18/01/2013 at 05:25
No. I did mean metaphorically speaking.

We have snow. Quite a lot of it.
M...eldy    pirate
18/01/2013 at 06:16

Good morning world ... and hopefully good ight in about 2 hrs time !

18/01/2013 at 07:43
Hewwo.
I keep forgetting to come in here.
I still wuvs you all though...
seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 08:05

morning.no trains or cars moving in our valley........2 years ago in all the snow Huby got to work every day...............today he will be home..wonder if we can sneak in an offroad run even though its a rest day for both of us

18/01/2013 at 09:00

Morning all,

hope those in the red zone make the best of it.  It's just starting down here, not snowing very heavily but the sky does look full of it.  May have to slap the knobbly tyres on the hybrid in anticipation of cycling to the swimming tomorrow morning.

18/01/2013 at 11:23

hello

got in to work fine, a cab (expensed) with a few colleagues

now bucketing it done with snow, not looking too clever

my mate needs to get from Bristol to Gatwick tonight, could be interesting!

run tonight will be snowy

seren nos    pirate
18/01/2013 at 12:25

just had a lovely 2 hour run in the snow..only managed 9 miles but it was lovely to be out.so many broken branches and trees because of the weight of the snow..............the snow stopped or was light for most of the run..............but now its coming down quite quickly again..........very considerate of it

#

M.r Zuvai    pirate
18/01/2013 at 13:23
M...eldy wrote (see)

Mr Z .. I shall sport a pirate buff just in case you've forgotten what I look like 

AIming for the Bike Show in the morning and the Outdoor show in the afternoon

cool, i shall do the same

although we may miss each other as im not likely to get there before 12ish

18/01/2013 at 13:29

I did an hour outside.

Good luck for your mate, TMW, it's not looking good here.  Most roads are very bad with cars abandoned on the hills around my house.  Some bus routes have been cancelled or rerouted to avoid hills.  Train cancellations and, so I'm told, Gatwick is closed.

18/01/2013 at 13:48

he is driving to Worcester to pick up the girl he's going skiing with, then straight to LGW

he has a full tank of petrol and a load of ski equipment so shouldn't get cold!

18/01/2013 at 13:55

LGW is open for business- although they are running rather late today.  Reading to Gatwick trains still running smoothly and I'm keeping a close eye on these as it's my transport home this afternoon.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.