The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,121 to 149,140 of 151,123 messages
M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 09:30

I am quite lucky given my resident lion that he doesnt actually hassel me for food unless it gets really late then I fear he might start on me!

I have had several 12 hour sleeps this last few days 

23/01/2013 at 09:39

Mine are sods, especially in summer when they will start charging round with first light.

The other thing I meant to say is that the 'to do' list has eased sufficiently that I am training this week, which I wasn't doing so well on the last couple of weeks.  So that's clearly improvement!

It's all good.

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 09:42

Yes, I have had a few slack weeks with manflu and what have you but on track for around 10hrs this week

23/01/2013 at 10:34

hopefully you girls can do a nice long bike this weekend

i did 4.5 hrs last week and would like that to be 5 this week. mine is all running obviously, but it is a start

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 11:17

Hopefully Chav .. planned for Saturday before nights

I have just printed off free tickets for the Tri show on 1st March, although the weekend tickets are only £9, I havent been for a few years so thought I would have a visit

4.5/5hrs of running a week is a good lot !

23/01/2013 at 11:43

Meldy it's worth considering the shoes you walk in.  Are they flatter than your running shoes or a lot more wedgy (most running shoes work on a 10-12mm difference between the front and back).  If you're in ballet pumps (for example) or massive heels then that can cause problems through the calf muscles or achillies.

Walking biomechanics are also quite different to running biomechanics, very much more heel oriented and so can be very different if you are a forefoot striker while running. 

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 11:50

You are absolutely right and I have considered all those options, I knew I would be doing a lot of walking on Sunday and dressed appropriately .. it has got to be to do with the mechanics of walking somwhere along the line, that said I am a bit of a heel striker when I run so you would think that that would be an issue as well ??

I think raising the heel in my boots/walking shoes could be a step in the right direction, what I dont know is what the injury is

Ballet pumps??          I know I look like Darcey Bussel    but really  .. 

23/01/2013 at 11:55

Well, I was going to go for Moon Boots but...

23/01/2013 at 12:03

I can't wear the ballet pumps that the teens wear that are completely flat from front to back.  They cripple me, exactly what HC says about there being no lift.

seren nos    pirate
23/01/2013 at 18:15

i walk in my older running shoes

i actually ran out of catfood today.not sure how i managed that so ran to asdas and back with it rattling in my backpack 

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 18:26

Do you remember all thosePF discussions we had a few summers ago?  All those kids going round in flipflops or Uggs all year round are going to have a miriad of problems in years to come, You need support and a certain amount of heel lift or cushionning
One things for sure, all this slow snow running is helping core and form!!   Its slow but I'll take anything at this stage
48 mins today along the tow path, longest run for a very long time!!

23/01/2013 at 21:29

hmm interesting, i personally get sore feet if i wear shoes which are too flat...

53 mins for me, irritating under 5 miles but at a steady pace with more in the bank

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 21:32

My pace is so slow at the moment but given the conditions here I am trying not to worry about it and will reassess when it gets drier !!

23/01/2013 at 21:35

yeah i'm not getting hung up on the pace, that will gradually drop. conditions haven't been slowing me much howeve.

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 21:37

I just transferred some money to a different account so I can purchase some new trainers ... only I didnt transfer enough and now it wont let me log in and do it again as it thinks I am trying to scam myself !!!

23/01/2013 at 21:44

ah i need to get new running shoes... i haven't bought any since 2009!

thinking i might get some at the weekend as i get paid on Friday, and given the lack of recent purchases it might be a running shop job!

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 21:49

You have just reminded me..pay day I need to tax the car

and its goodnight from me

seren nos    pirate
24/01/2013 at 07:42

I need to buy some stuff but lost my cards..( my own and the one for joint which is my preffered card to use at all times )......new ones in the post..but guess what.no post since last thursday......

24/01/2013 at 08:07
Morning.

Is it clearing at all Seren? Things have def improved here.

I was a bit better with bedtime last night but there is still room for improvement and I still slept for 9 hours. I clearly need it at the moment. I woke too late for early swim so it's lunchtime swim for me today (plus club run tonight.)
seren nos    pirate
24/01/2013 at 08:27

Ths centre parts of the roads are clear now but the pavemnets and gutters of the roads are still either several inches of snow or compacted ice........so I'm really not confident to get out on the bike yet......whilst the roads are narrowed for the cars due to teh snow at the gutters

our road was snow ploughed and gritted again last night....as i said before this is the first time in the 20 years I have lived here.otherwise i would never be able to get out of the street......i think its because a couple of people in the street need ambulance access for hospital appointments that the council have added it to their priority list.....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.