The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,141 to 149,160 of 151,454 messages
24/01/2013 at 11:26

Morning all,

I'm hopeful we might actually have some clear pavements this evening, only time for a short run before Pilates but would like to blow a few cobwebs away.

Car serviced, alternatored and two new front boots- sounds much quieter (but that might have something to do with the packed motorway with most tiptoeing along at 60 mph.

seren nos    pirate
24/01/2013 at 12:49

had to abandon my swim session after just 30 mins. lower back and shoulders too sore.......stupid turbo.......spent extra time in the sauna and then did yoga so hopefully that helped.trying to work out if i can get the other 30 min done tomorrow

24/01/2013 at 14:53

I swam and even biked to the pool and back.  Check me out, I'm environmentally friendly.

24/01/2013 at 16:11

you swam to the pool?

24/01/2013 at 16:45

No.  I missed a comma. Bad Mousicles.

debbo    pirate
24/01/2013 at 17:51

Mouse, never mind the commas - surely not swimming is more environmentally friendly than swimming, cos if no one swam they could shut all the pools, with all that chlorine pollution, and heat being wasted

I have slept, a bit, and painted the wall behind the woodburner, on account of it being recently plastered, and that is all I've done - work again later - boo

Edited: 24/01/2013 at 17:51
24/01/2013 at 21:02
Please don't say that. I'm not hard like Seren and can't get in a river at this time of year!

It sounds like you've had a productive day with your painting.
Hope    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:03
Evening all!
I've had a low couple of days hence no posting here.
I popped in this morning and had a look around the forum and wondered, in my glum gloominess, if I was sort of *over*RW.

I mean, I've made fantastic friends and I know those friendships will last probably for the rest of my life. I'm in regular contact elsewhere with the people who really matter to me. I'm not racing an Ironman this year, and while I lurk on the Mara threads I never have the confidence to butt in. I just feel a bit fed up with all the trolling and winding people up thing too.... Without a doubt it's the reason many cba to come on to the forum any more.

I've thought about it on and off for most of the day and finally realised that I was being a bit selfish. I've had loads of help through forumites and been supported through 3 Ironman races as well as a couple of marathons and loads of other races, not to mention all the 'stuff of life' stuff I've had advice and support through.

I think maybe I need to see that it's time to have a bit of confidence in passing that on. It occurred to me I don't go on the newbie threads, because I always think someone more knowledgable and *able* will answer questions. That's probably true lol, but I can encourage, and say what's worked for me.

So... Just an evening waffle from me. My mood has improved hurrah
Hope    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:07
In other news I slipped on ice tonight and managed a comedy Charlie Chaplin style fly through the air and fall!
I'm going to have a whopping bruise on my arse tomorrow! ouch
seren nos    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:10

glad that things are improving Hope...........

my day finished with a great 5 mile run with running club in the ice and snow.........I was suppossed to taking the run/walk group but none turned up in the terribel conditions so I had to run with the girls so am knackered

dawn are you racing the LLiswerry 8 on sunday.a great flat 8 miler to guage speed early on in the year

Hope    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:16
No. I'm not doing anything race wise until The Cardiff Love Run in a few weeks.
I'm down to do a 15 miler Sunday and I can't wait. I love the long steady runs.
Seren I take my hat off to you running with it this icy. Do you wear yak trax?

Which club are you with?
24/01/2013 at 21:19

no problem to waffle hope, i also move in and out of wanting to post.

i am a grumpy antisocial so and so who has never started an ironman. i only really post on this thread anyway, because i like the people on here and have met most of them. and many of those i've met will acknowledge i don't say very much when i rarely meet them anyway!

a lot of the cycling and swimming talk on this thread is a bit beyond me, but i pick things up and if nothing else, this thread is something i like coming back to each time.

Hope    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:24
TMW the swim talk Icks me out too

I haven't met you have I? We shall have to fix that this year!
I agree this thread is home! It's where all the cool kids hang out I reckon!
24/01/2013 at 22:07

no we haven't met i think. i'm sure that will change

bedtime for me now

M...eldy    pirate
24/01/2013 at 22:15

Hope thats a lovely post to come in to 

Chav, there will always be parts of a conversation that baffle me or that I have no interest in but it shouldnt stop me/you or them from having a say .. your opinion and input is just as good as anyones 

Seren, the bike on the turbo I think you said is not set up for you and the bike is the wrong size, dont let this ruin your race ....

I did manage to swim before work but then again I didnt have to work until 3pm so it wasnt a hardship !!   That said, the pool times are quite specific and I cant go before 1230 due to mums & ankle biters so this narrows my window somewhat ... anyway I can confirm I am still awesome  :

seren nos    pirate
25/01/2013 at 07:55

glad you are still awesome meldy .. i am middling at the moment......I am worried about putting my bike on the turbo incase i break something on it........hopefully the rain will come and wash the snow away.......

i was looking at all the roads last night and they are definitely not safe enough for the road bikes......even the bike clubs are cancelling sundays club runs.......

I'm temted by the hybrid but there really is no point as apart from the centre parts of the roads the rest si still white.even the dual carriageway isn't totally clear yet on the lanes.........

Hope.i don't use yaktrax.rust trail shoes...I'm with Islwyn and we had about 15 or so out last night which was suprising given the conditions

25/01/2013 at 08:30
Mornings!

Stay safe Seren.

I'm glad it's Friday this week. I'm tired.

Ran last night with club. Turbo today. Suspect turbo tomorrow too.
debbo    pirate
25/01/2013 at 08:37
I am neither awesome nor middling - oh well
Hope    pirate
25/01/2013 at 09:16
Morning!
I have the day off!

My American coach used to call me awesome a lot. It made me cringe every time.
I tried to get her to say 'alright' but she wouldn't have it!
seren nos    pirate
25/01/2013 at 09:27

awesome is the in word in our house.......from HIMYM

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.