The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,161 to 149,180 of 151,213 messages
M...eldy    pirate
20/01/2013 at 19:56

I did a R/W on the towpath yesterday, it was luffley 

20/01/2013 at 20:04
I ran, swam, cross trained, weight lifted and stretched today!

Went to another gym of a tester session....it was lovely and I am tempted with that one. May pay the higher rolling contract fee than sign up for 12 months to make sure it fits with my commute and also to see what corporate deals we're offered in May.

I've run in the snow yesterday and today....I love it! Although I may not say the same tomorrow when I'm trying to get to work...Friday wasn't fun as I had meetings in the wilds of Sussex. Not much snow down there but getting home was a challenge. Very glad I didn't buy a normal automatic or I'd be stranded down there still.
20/01/2013 at 20:11

Losing 8lbs is awesome work TMW, well done you!!

This weekend I have biked (turbo) and run but getting to the pool was a challenge too far.

Cas - do you find the snow works your legs harder?  I certainly do.

M...eldy    pirate
20/01/2013 at 20:14

Snow is a good core workout I find!

20/01/2013 at 20:20

I haven't got a core.  Mine fell out.  I just have extra fat bits there instead.

20/01/2013 at 20:50
Well, my HR running in the snow is definitely higher and my pace is a bit slower so it is definitely harder!

I have a core of steel...still rather proud that my muscles were so tough the surgeon broke a scalpel when I had my first laproscopy!

Chav...sorry missed the bit about your weight loss! Well done...is it the return to training that's helping?

We're going to be a svelte lot this year with all the weight loss going on round here.
debbo    pirate
20/01/2013 at 21:32
How does one do weight loss? I can't manage it, but not surprising with my stash of Reece's
Edited: 20/01/2013 at 21:33
20/01/2013 at 21:35
More??? FFS woman! You are obsessed!

Mines come from cutting out chocolate, biscuits and trying to eat food that is naturally lower in fat, along with upping my mileage on runs and more cv work at the gym.
20/01/2013 at 22:15

mouse - thanks. 

debbo - i am taking in carrots to snack on at work rather than going to the vending machine for snacks during the day

trying to avoid takeaways. meal planning. portion control

i am running (hadn't done much in Q4 of 2012)

cas, definitely but also the diet. i ran for 70 minutes (short break pre and post parkrun yesterday) so i am building up the distance, and from past experience the pace comes with it.

i also have some motivation (going to florida in June hopefully)

seren nos    pirate
21/01/2013 at 07:20

well done TMW......

morning all.....not looking forward to the pool...I might have mentioned this once or twice before

Hope    pirate
21/01/2013 at 07:25
Nice work on the weight loss team. We shall be a skinny bunch by the summer!
TMW Florida?? You lucky thing
Cas and Mouse I think my core has dropped out too. I think the yoga is helping
to strengthen it but it really is quite squishy.
It's still frozen snow and slush here. So my midweek runs will have to be on the treadmill (yuk).
debbo    pirate
21/01/2013 at 09:11
Oh dear, will I be booted out once yhis is a skinniest thread?

I've only got 14 more peanut butter cups to eat, and I'm not swapping them for carrots
21/01/2013 at 13:13

i think you're safe for a while debbo

21/01/2013 at 13:18

Just to buck the trend I seem to have put weight on recently.  I shall have to dust off the 'no filthy beer' regime I think.

Managed a nice run in the fresh snow yesterday but the pavements round me are horribly icy this morning- no trains to work due to a broken down one blocking the station so had to take car to work which also broke down.  I will be eying the computer and the phone suspiciously this afternoon to see which of them will be the third one to go.

M...eldy    pirate
21/01/2013 at 18:30

I ran too .. it was lovely along the canal and I saw an eeeeeeeeeeenormous Heron who was most put out at having to keep moving on as I lumbered along !
I also swam and I was awesome and I also spent an hour looking for my core in teh gym
I unburied the car this morning and it started first time, not used it since Friday .. bet it wont start at 5am tomorrow

Ferret, use the washing machine or something, you can do without one of them longer than a phone or a laptop!!

seren nos    pirate
21/01/2013 at 20:21

i need my washing machine more than i need a phone or laptop

I have swam...it was hard work.... sauna, yoga .. turbo... run and now squash..............ready for bed

M...eldy    pirate
21/01/2013 at 20:36

I am watching the celerity Bake Off which is delaying my bedtime and then there is a programme about baby jaguars which will delay it even further .... I may need caffeine in the morning

seren nos    pirate
21/01/2013 at 20:41

tonight has two programmes I want to see but they ae both on record

21/01/2013 at 20:47

Ebenings.

I have done nothing today, for today is a rest day. 

I have also had a lovely offer from a very nice man to take me to swim coaching in the morning in his Land Rover so I don't have to worry about ice or if it snows tonight.  I was not looking forward to having to get up earlier than 5am to walk.  He is getting up 30 mins earlier than he normally would.  What an angel.

I am relying on iPlayer this week as I am using my evenings to work.  In meeting one important deadline I had to put some other work to one side and now I need to meet that subsequent deadline.  For background noise tonight I have Gone With the Wind.  I put it on at 7pm so not sure if I will get through all of it or not before bed.

M...eldy    pirate
21/01/2013 at 20:48

I probably should unravel my hair before bedtime as well .. it might freeze and snap upstairs

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.