The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,181 to 149,200 of 151,761 messages
26/01/2013 at 09:06
The National is right at the end of Long Acre isn't it? Just off Trafalgar Square? Hope you're ok. Doesn't sound like you had much fun at work yesterday.

I'm going to ride outside today but set off slightly later than normal in case there are any icy patches. Doing chores now.
26/01/2013 at 09:52
Hmm good idea Mouse, I usually go there as its not far, but perhaps an hour with Turner and Constable is what I need.

Work stuff should hopefully be fleeting. Part of my role (also one of my objectives) is to deputise for my manager when she's not around as I'm on the highest grade. Someone else in the team takes issue with this as we all have the same job title (the different grades have widely different competencies though. Another part of my role is to proactively share my knowledge and she is happy for me to spend time showing her how to do things!

I had a chat with my boss yesterday evening about the situation, and she's got some ideas on how to approach it. Its the age old issue of having responsibility without the authority!
seren nos    pirate
26/01/2013 at 10:19

always tricky TMW.... glad your boss is helpful with it..

Mouse.the ice is lethal around here.so I'm having to sit on my hands

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 11:20
Doesn't thst make cycling difficult Seren?!

Have a fun day Chav

I've been & seen the old boy and just having a leisurely breakfast before a couple of hours out on the bike, will prob take mountain bike as I'm not sure how the lanes are round here!
Hope    pirate
26/01/2013 at 12:00
Morning (just)
Have been to the gym again. I had a little go
on those TRX (txr?? Rtx?? Whatever!) I have a feeling my arms are going to be talking to me tomorrow. A great work out though. I only had a bit of a play really but have booked a pt session for Monday to learn how to do them properly.

The ice is almost melted here. Conditions looking good for tomorrow's 15 miler!

I think I'm being taken* to see the Hobbit this afternoon. I've run out of excuses not to go. Hopefully my restless night last night will mean I can have a snooze during boring bits.

*dragged
26/01/2013 at 15:53
Afternoons!

3hr45min bike done and dusted. The rain washed all the ice off the roads by me so it was ok. Still patches of snow on the fields though. Puddles were the bigger issue on the roads.

I did my housework before I left today so I'm booking myself in for a flop on the sofa and a snooze next!

How was the art gallery Chavlet?

I don't know what a trx machine is? What does it do?
26/01/2013 at 16:42

it was very relaxing, i could look at the Canaletto's all day

seren nos    pirate
26/01/2013 at 17:17

sounds good TMW.

well done Mouse.if we a few moire house of rain tonight then i think that the roads might be ok here soon........

one of the guys from club put on facebook that he feel twice in 200m this morning and walked home the 200m.........so glad I didn't try it.

It took a dozen of us this afternoon nearly an hour to clear the pitch with shovels and brushes for my sons hockey match to go ahead.....so glad that we did as they came back from 3-1 down to score 3 times in the last 8 mins to win

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 18:21

Hope I have used a few TRX thingies ... I think its the abs/core that is supposed to feel it but prob the arms as well!

Mousey .. system of straps/ropes that allow you to use your body as a weight I think would be my non technical description

Ive been out on the mountain bike save getting any nice bikes covered in salt and rubbish, not that my mtb isnt nice but you get me drift

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 18:22

I have to work tonight and I would rather just flop on the sofa with Mouse

26/01/2013 at 18:37

There's plenty of room and a selection of cozy blankets to snuggle under.

TRX was not what I thought it was at all.  I thought it was some sort of cross trainer.

My winter bike is proper minging already and doesn't owe me anything so I shall keep riding her until she falls to pieces.  Chum and I are going to service her and give her new chain, cassette and cables.... well, we will do when we get round to it.  Ahem.

Fab result on the hockey, Seren. Go team!

Chavlet - yes, I could eat Cornettos all day too.

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 18:39

Can you bring your sofa and blankets to work for me ?

26/01/2013 at 18:52

I'd dearly love to but, to be honest, I'm so fecked after my bike ride I think I could only just lift a blanket, yet alone a sofa.

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 19:14

I am chilled to my core .. I may have to take a hottie to work

Fnaarfnaar

26/01/2013 at 19:17

Can you send him over when you're done with him?

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 19:26

Sharesies?  

26/01/2013 at 21:40
Owowowowowowowow! I slipped on frozen snow earlier while i was running and banged my coccyx, so it hurts to sit or lay on my back

Couldn't have been further from home when it happened and no phone with me so I had to run back. Had a hair appt to get to so that made me keep running.

Still managed almost 50 miles of running in the snow since last Saturday.
26/01/2013 at 21:43

My goodness, Cas, bless you.  That's a nasty one.  I hope the pain eases quickly.

Fantastic running in the snow.

M...eldy    pirate
26/01/2013 at 21:59

Running in the snow is ace ... ppity its been chucking it down with rain since I got back and its allllllllll gawn 

Hope the pain eases Cas, a hot bath may ease it?

I am at a desk, I would rather be in bed

26/01/2013 at 22:15
Still lots here...want some? It's going to be might squidgy underfoot when it does thaw. Might be road running for am week or two.

I have an ice pack on my backside but it's not helping to warm me up though!

Melds....I am in bed but I have been working but doing it Holly style with wine
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.