The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,221 to 149,240 of 151,123 messages
28/01/2013 at 06:45
But what are the voices in your head telling you??
Hope    pirate
28/01/2013 at 07:33

Ooh pretty colours. Lovely 

Morning all. Sorry to hear about your fall Cas, but your running sounds like it's going well. Are you racing this year?

SEREN!!! You star! Lovely peebee. And top training/librarying everyone else.

Yesterday's run was ace. I did 16 miles and had the most amazing sunshine, blue sky and no fecking ice and snow! Hurrah!!

Day off work today to take number 2 daughter for hospital appt and then meet the personal trainer chappy to show me the ropes (literally) with the TRX things. Yes Mouse, Meldy is spot on. I'm hoping to improve my core.... operation 'pwoarr core* 

I have a great gym with a 50m pool (cough) For a long time I've only been using my membership for the yoga classes (which are amazing) so I've given myself a kick up the bottom to use it a bit more. 

seren nos    pirate
28/01/2013 at 08:52

I pay £30 a month........but get swim, sauna   loads of fitness classes, squash and gym.......at my local sports cebntre or can use the other 7 in the borough........

I am geting my moneys worth at the moment but will cancel when i have had enough. 

back still hurting.hubby said black ice on the roads so no roadbike yet.....so debating whether to run, swim or go back to bed as had a really crap nights sleep......i think bed is winning 

28/01/2013 at 12:36

black ice for me at the station. not good!

sounds like a good deal seren. i'm not a gym member myself. not convinced i have the staying power and not a fan of gym machines. swimming is a different matter, perhaps if i have a good 6 months of running behind me i might reconsider, although getting home from work about 7pm means there isn't time to run AND swim in the same day

seren nos    pirate
28/01/2013 at 13:06

unless you run to the pool

#

28/01/2013 at 15:17

true, but then there's the issue of running back... who knows, it's always a possibility

seren nos    pirate
28/01/2013 at 16:19

I normally do lots of training om a monday but i have slept this morning and spent the afternoon at my mams...Oh dear

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 17:33

Never mind Seren .... its only a day

I have actually managed to 'click n collect' at Tescos this time round which must have saved me a nanno second somewhere, getting there and back at schools time was not my wisest move

Core & weights session done at the gym and I am back in  my pyjamas again 

28/01/2013 at 17:53
I was going to use a free pass at the scummy gym round the corner from work but then the posh gym rang with an even better offer and improved on it during the call so I'm heading there now
M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 18:06

Bargaintastic  

seren nos    pirate
28/01/2013 at 20:44

I went to tescos tonight whilst son was in hockey and the advertsing hording then smashed into my car and then off down the road........I managed to grab it and hold it until a staff memeber came and put it somewhere safe........where he should have put it 5 mins earlier when the wind had already moved it........

so a crease and dent in my drivers door

and then after no training today we had our weekly squash game and my hubby won his first ever set.........I only won 3-1 today

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 20:53

Better than some poor chap in Londinium who was deaded by one Seren!!!

I hope you are claiming on that one

seren nos    pirate
28/01/2013 at 21:06

I have given details.mainly because i wanted to check the rest of them and put them inside if needed....that one couldn't have been weighted properely.........

I know that they say that parking is at your own risk..but they have sent my details onto their insurers......

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 21:12

Parking certainly is at your risk but buildings and hoardings are their responsibility

Mitten should be able to give you the low down on that one if you get any problems

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 21:13

I have the ingredients for a Wifey special tomorrow night ... its baked Spanish Risotto time 

seren nos    pirate
28/01/2013 at 21:15

that is my families favourite meal at the moment.....I am restricting them to every 2 or 3 weeks because of cost and i don't want them to get bored of it  as i love it as they all eat it without any variations

Hope    pirate
28/01/2013 at 21:15

Yikes Seren.. not a good day.

I spent the morning in hospital with No2 daughter learning the gruesome details of her upcoming operation which was not great, but then the afternoon at a friends drinking tea and chatting. Managed to nip to the gym too. *That's* how Monday's should be..(the nice bit obvs.)but rarely are.

Back to it tomorrow. Got an interval run planned tomorrow. Am wondering if my legs remember how to do that after my slow snow running! 

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 21:24

How was the TRX Hope?

My run last night was the first proper one since the snow and it actually felt quite good!   Nice to run and not worry (too much) about falling over!

Seren it is a bit pricey but it will keep me going for a few days I hope !

seren nos    pirate
28/01/2013 at 21:32

it doesn't help the volume i have to make to keep them all happy.........they all ask for a massive portion of it ....and i have substituted saffron with tumeric and king prawns with normal little prawns.......

But its great to see them all enjoy it and its so easy to make 

M...eldy    pirate
28/01/2013 at 21:34

I brought King Prawns as they were on offer at tescos and I actually forgot to order the saffron but I am sure it'll be fine without!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.