The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,221 to 149,240 of 151,208 messages
M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 21:37

I just transferred some money to a different account so I can purchase some new trainers ... only I didnt transfer enough and now it wont let me log in and do it again as it thinks I am trying to scam myself !!!

23/01/2013 at 21:44

ah i need to get new running shoes... i haven't bought any since 2009!

thinking i might get some at the weekend as i get paid on Friday, and given the lack of recent purchases it might be a running shop job!

M...eldy    pirate
23/01/2013 at 21:49

You have just reminded me..pay day I need to tax the car

and its goodnight from me

seren nos    pirate
24/01/2013 at 07:42

I need to buy some stuff but lost my cards..( my own and the one for joint which is my preffered card to use at all times )......new ones in the post..but guess what.no post since last thursday......

24/01/2013 at 08:07
Morning.

Is it clearing at all Seren? Things have def improved here.

I was a bit better with bedtime last night but there is still room for improvement and I still slept for 9 hours. I clearly need it at the moment. I woke too late for early swim so it's lunchtime swim for me today (plus club run tonight.)
seren nos    pirate
24/01/2013 at 08:27

Ths centre parts of the roads are clear now but the pavemnets and gutters of the roads are still either several inches of snow or compacted ice........so I'm really not confident to get out on the bike yet......whilst the roads are narrowed for the cars due to teh snow at the gutters

our road was snow ploughed and gritted again last night....as i said before this is the first time in the 20 years I have lived here.otherwise i would never be able to get out of the street......i think its because a couple of people in the street need ambulance access for hospital appointments that the council have added it to their priority list.....

24/01/2013 at 11:26

Morning all,

I'm hopeful we might actually have some clear pavements this evening, only time for a short run before Pilates but would like to blow a few cobwebs away.

Car serviced, alternatored and two new front boots- sounds much quieter (but that might have something to do with the packed motorway with most tiptoeing along at 60 mph.

seren nos    pirate
24/01/2013 at 12:49

had to abandon my swim session after just 30 mins. lower back and shoulders too sore.......stupid turbo.......spent extra time in the sauna and then did yoga so hopefully that helped.trying to work out if i can get the other 30 min done tomorrow

24/01/2013 at 14:53

I swam and even biked to the pool and back.  Check me out, I'm environmentally friendly.

24/01/2013 at 16:11

you swam to the pool?

24/01/2013 at 16:45

No.  I missed a comma. Bad Mousicles.

debbo    pirate
24/01/2013 at 17:51

Mouse, never mind the commas - surely not swimming is more environmentally friendly than swimming, cos if no one swam they could shut all the pools, with all that chlorine pollution, and heat being wasted

I have slept, a bit, and painted the wall behind the woodburner, on account of it being recently plastered, and that is all I've done - work again later - boo

Edited: 24/01/2013 at 17:51
24/01/2013 at 21:02
Please don't say that. I'm not hard like Seren and can't get in a river at this time of year!

It sounds like you've had a productive day with your painting.
Hope    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:03
Evening all!
I've had a low couple of days hence no posting here.
I popped in this morning and had a look around the forum and wondered, in my glum gloominess, if I was sort of *over*RW.

I mean, I've made fantastic friends and I know those friendships will last probably for the rest of my life. I'm in regular contact elsewhere with the people who really matter to me. I'm not racing an Ironman this year, and while I lurk on the Mara threads I never have the confidence to butt in. I just feel a bit fed up with all the trolling and winding people up thing too.... Without a doubt it's the reason many cba to come on to the forum any more.

I've thought about it on and off for most of the day and finally realised that I was being a bit selfish. I've had loads of help through forumites and been supported through 3 Ironman races as well as a couple of marathons and loads of other races, not to mention all the 'stuff of life' stuff I've had advice and support through.

I think maybe I need to see that it's time to have a bit of confidence in passing that on. It occurred to me I don't go on the newbie threads, because I always think someone more knowledgable and *able* will answer questions. That's probably true lol, but I can encourage, and say what's worked for me.

So... Just an evening waffle from me. My mood has improved hurrah
Hope    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:07
In other news I slipped on ice tonight and managed a comedy Charlie Chaplin style fly through the air and fall!
I'm going to have a whopping bruise on my arse tomorrow! ouch
seren nos    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:10

glad that things are improving Hope...........

my day finished with a great 5 mile run with running club in the ice and snow.........I was suppossed to taking the run/walk group but none turned up in the terribel conditions so I had to run with the girls so am knackered

dawn are you racing the LLiswerry 8 on sunday.a great flat 8 miler to guage speed early on in the year

Hope    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:16
No. I'm not doing anything race wise until The Cardiff Love Run in a few weeks.
I'm down to do a 15 miler Sunday and I can't wait. I love the long steady runs.
Seren I take my hat off to you running with it this icy. Do you wear yak trax?

Which club are you with?
24/01/2013 at 21:19

no problem to waffle hope, i also move in and out of wanting to post.

i am a grumpy antisocial so and so who has never started an ironman. i only really post on this thread anyway, because i like the people on here and have met most of them. and many of those i've met will acknowledge i don't say very much when i rarely meet them anyway!

a lot of the cycling and swimming talk on this thread is a bit beyond me, but i pick things up and if nothing else, this thread is something i like coming back to each time.

Hope    pirate
24/01/2013 at 21:24
TMW the swim talk Icks me out too

I haven't met you have I? We shall have to fix that this year!
I agree this thread is home! It's where all the cool kids hang out I reckon!
24/01/2013 at 22:07

no we haven't met i think. i'm sure that will change

bedtime for me now

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.