The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,241 to 149,260 of 151,208 messages
M...eldy    pirate
24/01/2013 at 22:15

Hope thats a lovely post to come in to 

Chav, there will always be parts of a conversation that baffle me or that I have no interest in but it shouldnt stop me/you or them from having a say .. your opinion and input is just as good as anyones 

Seren, the bike on the turbo I think you said is not set up for you and the bike is the wrong size, dont let this ruin your race ....

I did manage to swim before work but then again I didnt have to work until 3pm so it wasnt a hardship !!   That said, the pool times are quite specific and I cant go before 1230 due to mums & ankle biters so this narrows my window somewhat ... anyway I can confirm I am still awesome  :

seren nos    pirate
25/01/2013 at 07:55

glad you are still awesome meldy .. i am middling at the moment......I am worried about putting my bike on the turbo incase i break something on it........hopefully the rain will come and wash the snow away.......

i was looking at all the roads last night and they are definitely not safe enough for the road bikes......even the bike clubs are cancelling sundays club runs.......

I'm temted by the hybrid but there really is no point as apart from the centre parts of the roads the rest si still white.even the dual carriageway isn't totally clear yet on the lanes.........

Hope.i don't use yaktrax.rust trail shoes...I'm with Islwyn and we had about 15 or so out last night which was suprising given the conditions

25/01/2013 at 08:30
Mornings!

Stay safe Seren.

I'm glad it's Friday this week. I'm tired.

Ran last night with club. Turbo today. Suspect turbo tomorrow too.
debbo    pirate
25/01/2013 at 08:37
I am neither awesome nor middling - oh well
Hope    pirate
25/01/2013 at 09:16
Morning!
I have the day off!

My American coach used to call me awesome a lot. It made me cringe every time.
I tried to get her to say 'alright' but she wouldn't have it!
seren nos    pirate
25/01/2013 at 09:27

awesome is the in word in our house.......from HIMYM

Hope    pirate
25/01/2013 at 09:37
HIMYM???
seren nos    pirate
25/01/2013 at 09:50

How I met your mother........... another programme I can watch with my son

25/01/2013 at 10:57

Oh gosh. I watched an episode of TBBT last that literally made me LOL. Seren's post reminded me.
Today I am running resting with my calf guards on. It's bliddy luffly.

M...eldy    pirate
25/01/2013 at 11:10
Morning team (well its just morning)

I have misjudged the store cupboard and have nothing in for breakfast and am swimming in an hour ...coffee will have to do!
25/01/2013 at 11:18

Morning all, happy Valentines day to the Welsh contingent and happy Burns night to Debbo.

Rest day chez moi prior to early morning swim tomorrow. I've only met the back of TMW very fleetingly at the JW Ultra.

Apropos calf guards, I had a comedy 10 minutes last weekend with my running compression socks.  Having wrestled the things on I realised I hadn't bodyglided my feet, so wrestle them off (turning them inside out in the process) apply bodyglide and then manage to put one of them back on upside down (heel corner on top of foot).  D'oh.

seren nos    pirate
25/01/2013 at 14:32

TBBT and HIMYM.go hand in hand in this house.............we love them both..........

25/01/2013 at 14:51

i don't watch either

debbo    pirate
25/01/2013 at 15:02
TBBT?

Ferret thanks - no haggis here though
seren nos    pirate
25/01/2013 at 15:30

The Big Bang theory...........4 geeky scientists............we use it as a teaching aid for youngest on social skills as they haven#t got many in the program..very funny

M...eldy    pirate
25/01/2013 at 15:46

I have swum.  I was awesome

Now to fight crime and reduce the fear of crime ... apparently

seren nos    pirate
25/01/2013 at 16:14

I am going out for the running club presentation evening.................

and its my turn to drive unfortunately...........\i'm in need of alcohol tonight

Hope    pirate
25/01/2013 at 16:29
Have fun Seren. Have a drinkie when you get home!
HIMYM and TBBT are popular in this house too. I'm loving the Sheldon and Amy thing. Hysterical!

I just ran. It was not the prescribed interval session due to frozen slush on pavements, then snow, ice and mud off road. I'm hoping these very slow miles are helping towards the marathon goal.

I think I might pop to the gym for an hour. To get warm if nothing else!
M...eldy    pirate
25/01/2013 at 16:35

Lol Hope .. I do that!   Obviously as I live in a fridge most of the time, I love to run or bike and then head to the gym for a stretch in the warm!  Only trouble is then I usually have to go back outside to get home, mind you, they do have rather nice showers and a settee and a telly and open 24/7 .......  I could move in  

I should have run today but I didnt, no other reason than being damn lazy but i'll let myself off that one

Hope    pirate
25/01/2013 at 19:10
Well you can't be lazy coz you swummed innit?!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.