The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,241 to 149,260 of 151,761 messages
28/01/2013 at 21:46
I did the Spanish Risotto t'other week and I think I did it all wrong. It took ages to cook and then was a pile of mush a while later.

Melds - if you have turmeric, that should work just as well
28/01/2013 at 22:50
I've never used saffron in mine and never bother with prawns either as this lot are fussy sometimes....and it makes it cheaper!
Hope    pirate
29/01/2013 at 07:12
Mornings

Meldy I had to cancel my trx session because we were kept so long at the hospital. It's rebooked for Friday. I've a feeling it will hurt.

What would you reckon would be the chances of me getting a place for the Vit? I'm going to email to see if they've got a waiting list. It doesn't look like I'll be able to do Henley.... Someone wants to do IMW! Apparently he feels he needs a faster IM time than me before we get married! Honestly!!
29/01/2013 at 08:08

Morbidslut* as we used to say on the Radio Worcestershire thread.

All I know is that I could murder a prawn curry now, after reading the prawn chatter.

*An amalgamation of 'Morning, busy, later' in case yous were wondering. Or wandering as some of my acquaintances have taken to saying.

debbo    pirate
29/01/2013 at 10:39

Hope - does Garr have a faster IM time than you now?  Just curious.  

I should run today - my marathon training is not going well - booo

seren nos    pirate
29/01/2013 at 11:12

I have swam and it got better and I was actually feeling i could stay in longer.but came to my senses and got out and had a sauna

Hope    pirate
29/01/2013 at 13:34

Nice one Seren! 

Hope    pirate
29/01/2013 at 13:36
debbo wrote (see)

Hope - does Garr have a faster IM time than you now?  Just curious.  

No Debbo, I'm faster than his time by over an hour.... he seems quite keen to address that! 

Different courses though obviously!

Edited: 29/01/2013 at 13:47
debbo    pirate
29/01/2013 at 15:15

Ooooh well done - for some reason I thought Garr was one of those 11 hour boys

or maybe he is, and I've missed your 10 hour IM

29/01/2013 at 17:25

I hope you've gone running Debbo. 

I quite fancy a risotto now, however my fridge is full of pasta and sauce that needs consuming over the rest of the week. 

I've nearly finished my tax return as well, just have to try and find some bank statements (or lie about the interest).

Www.lookoutthewindow.com suggests it's neither wet nor freezing outside, so I'm going with hail of frogs as a possible accompanyment for this evenings shuffle.

Hope    pirate
29/01/2013 at 17:28
No ... I wish!
I think Garr does have the potential to be super speedy but in the past he hasn't been fond of training. In fact he has done more training whilst keeping me company training for my races than he has ever done for a race of his own.

He would HAVE to train for IMW, he knows that. It just isn't blaggable. At the moment he's running consistently and training well for Rotary Shakespeare marathon, so we shall see.
He's very motivated right now so fingers crossed!
M...eldy    pirate
29/01/2013 at 17:50

Evening all

Dinner is cooking and I am starving !!!!
Schmunks, I think Wifey says that it takes longer than the recipe says it does so I have gone for 'its ready when it looks ready'

I missed a swim session today in favour of coffee with my friend who has L12 and L11 fractures of her back .. nice to catch up then I did a gym session and a nice little run along the canal

Hope, I think there were a few places at the Vit last year closer to the date if I remember correctly?

M...eldy    pirate
29/01/2013 at 17:51

Oh!!!  Nearly forgot!!    New shoes arrived ... too late for me to run in them today but I shall christen them on Thursday 

M...eldy    pirate
29/01/2013 at 18:58

Well, despite no saffron or tumeric that turned out just lovely!

Made enough for four dinners so I may be a little fed up with it by the end of the week
Luckily the king prawns were on offer so there were loads of them in there
I am more than a little stuffed  

M...eldy    pirate
29/01/2013 at 19:00

Seren, thnking of Easter, I remember that there is a 70 mile route called the Buzzard Trail or something similar, do you fancy giving that a go ??  Either that or round and round in circles and up hills for a few hours ... I was goggling to see if I could find a downloadable map, lots of refernces to it but cant find a pdf. I think I have a leaflet somewhere in my tip of a house
Mousey .. you might like to join us, Devon not too far from you 

Hope    pirate
29/01/2013 at 19:16
Run done.
I've started following Pacesetters on Twitter Melds so hopefully I'll be lucky with a place. Seems a shame not to have something to train through the summer for.

Happy New Shooosiess!
M...eldy    pirate
29/01/2013 at 19:27

KNew you couldnt keep away from Percy for long  

Hope    pirate
29/01/2013 at 19:30
I know. I don't want to do a full one but don't want to let myself get too out of try training otherwise I will have a nasty shock getting back to it.
M...eldy    pirate
29/01/2013 at 19:34

Too true and the Vitis nicely placed in the year so you get the summer (??) to train!!

29/01/2013 at 20:30

evening all

left my running shoes at work, no run for me!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.