The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,361 to 149,380 of 151,208 messages
M...eldy    pirate
31/01/2013 at 08:07

It was absolutely chucking it down this morning when I left but its supposed to move off during the day so you may be lucky

I am so glad Feb is a short month as I appear to have a leaky bank account, Murph needs a new rug as his current lightweight one looks like its been handed down 6 generations of boys at the moment and he needs more drugs ... dont ever get a horse!
Flights to be purchased also today ..
Car to be taxed ..

Oh joy 

seren nos    pirate
31/01/2013 at 08:12

luckily for me its hubbies car that needs MOT and servicing.....so my penbnies are safe for a day or two

31/01/2013 at 18:09
Tax for me at end of Feb. Is it a free month for council tax this month?

Meldy, you know when you said you took Neddy for a wander? Sometimes when you say that I wonder if you mean you were sat on his back or if he's old/poorly did you take him for a walk like a dog? I know it's probably a stupid question but that's what I think?
seren nos    pirate
31/01/2013 at 18:41

I am knackered.i think running 8.3 miles twice with a 3 hour break in between might be harder than running 16 miles in one go

M...eldy    pirate
31/01/2013 at 18:59

Ahhh no Mousey, the correct wordage should be 'he took  me for a wander and I chose the route'  
You can and lots do take them for walks like a dog but with the size of himself I would be water skiiing through mud as they tend to make miraculous recoverys once in the open countryside!!  He is still firing on a few cyclinders but this is definitely his time of the year .. he loves a bit of mud and wet, disgusting beast that he is

In other news .. I have run for a whooooole hour!   R/W to be precise but it'll do for me for now

31/01/2013 at 21:06

well done meldy, just got in a sneaky 55 mins myself... here's one for the cyclists from a facebook update of a friend...

"If you overtake a cyclist, then pull in ahead of them, and then he punches your car, so you stop and then he crashes into the back of you... Sorry but whose fault is it?"

i get the impression they overtook the cyclist, but then got caught in traffic which meant the cyclist couldn't filter through...

M...eldy    pirate
31/01/2013 at 21:16

That could have explanations Chav ....

Well done on the run also

Just watching a programme on Everest which will take me beyond bedime

31/01/2013 at 21:46

i wanted to watch that but was busy packing for client meeting in london and then weekend away.

31/01/2013 at 21:46

something about dogs on now with Martin Clunes's cuddly voice

M...eldy    pirate
01/02/2013 at 07:20

I would like to haev seen that as well Chav, he is doing one on horses as well apparently

Another early shift for me this morning and it is a rest day which is always a bonus

My foot is a little more stiff that it should be today, possible number of factors but due a cut back week next week and I shall miss Saturdays run and reassess on Monday 

01/02/2013 at 07:25
Wise move re the foot

I am off to London wearing my suit... I feel like James Bond when I wear a suit, its such an empowering piece of clothing ;-D
M...eldy    pirate
01/02/2013 at 07:38

Check you out 003.5  

01/02/2013 at 11:07

Morning all,

tax return filed,I now have to work out what to do with the 30p the taxman allegedly owes me.  Work has been a little manic this week, so I think an early night is called for.

Top suiting TMW- I did once attend a James Bond film with a collection of friends in formal evening wear.

Might be a little to early, but I'll pop the kettle on for Mouse 

01/02/2013 at 14:55
Top work FF! That has some chutzpah!

Very witty meldy, decent meeting, now en route back to Rdg before embarking on a weekend away, planning to get a 2nd winger into the I-Spy book for 2013!
seren nos    pirate
01/02/2013 at 16:06

have a good weekend away TMW..

i swam this morning and was a little relieved that my afternoon running partner had to cancel the run.afdter 16.5 miles yesterday and wasn't really looking forward to 9 this afternoon.....a rest went down well

01/02/2013 at 17:31
Morning team!

Sadly I was unable to spend the whole day abed. A shame.
M...eldy    pirate
01/02/2013 at 18:07

Oh shame

I worked all day and then had a supervisors meeting for 2 1/2 hrs which was infuriating and amusing in the same breath

Home for a few hours before bed, rest day for me ...

Seren, how come your plan would have 16.5 miles yesterday and 9 today??

01/02/2013 at 18:10
I think the answer to that is 'it wouldn't.'

M...eldy    pirate
01/02/2013 at 18:12

Indeed ...

seren nos    pirate
01/02/2013 at 18:12

its a loose plan...as long as its all slow miles i'm happy

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.