The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,421 to 149,440 of 151,850 messages
Hope    pirate
11/02/2013 at 08:29

I managed to dodge all the snow but its raining here. Still, I've got the day off work so I'm happy. Loads to do today actually. I have a very long todo list! I have to get my 10 mile run in. I always head to Essex fully committed to keeping to my run schedule but it never happens. I feel a bit selfish disappearing for hours on my own when we don't get to see the family much.

I did manage 7 miles with a friend yesterday which was fantastic. 

seren nos yn canu    pirate
11/02/2013 at 08:33

schedules are there to be jigged around Hope.......

half term for my boys today.apart from eldest who has hs next week which works a treat as it means I have more chance of getting some training done....

off to try a swim now

M...eldy    pirate
11/02/2013 at 08:35

Good old dumping of snow overnight .. slow drive in to work and its still trying to snow

Rest day today thank goodness 

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
11/02/2013 at 08:39

The weather was awful yesterday, 1 hour 40 or whatever we did was more than enough for me.

Meldy, you did have the option of doing a 3rd loop, if I remember rightly you buckered

45 minutes on the cross trainer is hardly the two hours that you said youd be doing

11/02/2013 at 08:41
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
Another charity weekend, but handing over custody to one lucky winger tomorrow

Nob Off

M...eldy    pirate
11/02/2013 at 08:55

Did I feck bucker !!!     I came back down the hill to find you struggling manfully up it and still chicked you back up to the top   

I did indeed do 45 mins on the cross trainer .... but I didnt say that was *all* I did

M...eldy    pirate
11/02/2013 at 08:56

and while you are here Barlos

2nd March
16th March

Any good to you?

11/02/2013 at 10:39
Ill have a look
11/02/2013 at 11:13

Happy to pass custody of care over on 2nd March.

M...eldy    pirate
11/02/2013 at 11:55

Will you make sure he has had a good whinge before he comes over?

11/02/2013 at 12:26

Afternoon all,

sounds like some quality training, not drowning, wedding and assignment preparation has been going on.  I managed to avoid the rain when running on Saturday and turbo'd and Les Mis'd on Sunday, so only a 5 minute soaking walking to the cinema.  Hugh Jackman's got quite a voice on him.

11/02/2013 at 14:28

afternoon

got to the pool this morning.but forgot it was half term so that opening times changed due to kids activities..............I'm an idiot sometimes.so went food shopping then went back at 12 and managed a respectable 2.6k despite there being millions of people in there as it is only open to adults for 1 hour during the day today..........

now deciding if i have time for a run but don't think so.......i do have squash tonight though

M...eldy    pirate
11/02/2013 at 14:39

I had forgotten it was half term as well .. well reminded Seren

I shall rethink my 3 swim sessions this week!!!

11/02/2013 at 15:05

Some areas have half term next week i believe

M...eldy    pirate
11/02/2013 at 15:25

I have no idea and to be fair it doesnt affect the pools times that much at the time that I go

Rest Day for me today which is nice, I think I may well attempt a run again tomorrrow, yesterdays cross trainer held no ill effects
I have calfs of steel now thanks to my strengthening exercises   

Hope    pirate
11/02/2013 at 17:31

I want a core of steel but I'm a bit hap hazard with my exercises so it's not likely to happen!
10 miles run. All at pace which with the hills around here is something of an out of body experience on times, so that's nice.

Have turned my todo list into a ta-daa list which is very satisfying. I just have to decided whether to go to cody balance class tonight or get my jammies on. I'm cold so Pj's  are currently winning  

11/02/2013 at 19:08
I am on a cold train home but plan to go out for a run in the sleet when I get home cos I'm a double hard barsteward...

I do expect to not enjoy it much!

Felt very zzz today and was impressed with my resolve to not use the vending machine!
M...eldy    pirate
11/02/2013 at 19:11

My PJs were on before the sun went down Hope .... not sure how well my cody is balanced either  

Nice resolve Chav, even better once you have been for a run, take care tho I suspect its freezing out there by now

11/02/2013 at 20:09
I was in PJs by 3pm but carried on working...only just finished. Got a snazzy new laptop which is very light. It is proving to have a few teething troubles with our VPN though!

I'm having lunch with a forumite tomorrow and then drinks with a winger in the evening
M...eldy    pirate
11/02/2013 at 20:16

How luffley .... on all accounts 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.