The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,601 to 149,620 of 151,861 messages
M...eldy    pirate
01/03/2013 at 19:09

I saw lots of Daffs today  

Weather forecast is looking good for next week, I could do with a hint of it tomorrow tho please

Tri Show done & dusted for another year, got away unscathed

I was in the market for a new pair of Tri shorts, I went to Skins and to Compresssport neither of whom had any womens ones with them and both of whom tried to palm me off with a mens pair .... pretty poor show would you say with the amount of women taking part in Tri these days?

seren nos yn canu    pirate
01/03/2013 at 20:48

not good meldy.....

I have dyed my hair agian so no longer look 70,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and just having some wine as my last minute cure for my achillies............to be fair the reat has done it some good....hope the x country course isn't hilly tomorrow

Nos da pawb

M...eldy    pirate
01/03/2013 at 20:53

Good luck for tomorrow Seren!

Plum    pirate
01/03/2013 at 23:14

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR's

02/03/2013 at 08:26

Hi Plum

trying to get my sensible head out.achillies feeling ok walking today.........but got a stomach bug or something......

its the last race of the season so really want to do it....will see if it improves in the next hour.i will eat and drink and see if its kill or cure

M...eldy    pirate
02/03/2013 at 09:46
You take it easy madam! You have bigger fish to fry

I'm waiting to take over as duty carer for a few hours biking
02/03/2013 at 09:54

I must be dying as I couldn't even face the food..but the water didn't stay down long so I have had to abandon the last X country...gutted as done the other 4 and the womens team is doing well............

02/03/2013 at 09:59
Should we take bets on how long it will be til he starts whinging?

Hope you feel better soon, Seren. Best to rest up rather than race if in doubt.

I'm having an easy week training-wise. I had a new tattoo done on my back on tues so want to careful of that for another week but I have it taped up so I'm going spinning in a bit. I did some hill training on the dreadmill last night - four miles walked in an hour with 2.5 miles at 9% and a little bit at 10%....if that doesn't help get my legs ready for the bits I have to walk at Lakeland then I don't know what will! Felt like I could have done with Seren's cheating stocks at several points.

Work has had some extreme highs and extreme lows for me this week but there's a prospect of a change in my line management to our MD and he's promising to sort out the people/issues that caused this week's lows too.
02/03/2013 at 10:03

the first time i did the lakelasnd 50 i was so envious of those with sticks ,,.much easier the second time with them........the route was ideal for it as there were several long uphills them went on a mile or so and so i could just put them back away easily at the top...

M...eldy    pirate
02/03/2013 at 17:57

4 hrs 'endurance' training

Showered, dinner inhaled 

02/03/2013 at 18:05

good sesion meldy.....did you manage to kill him or lose him.....

still haven#t eaten all day.must be a record for me....aching all over.going to try some fish and chips...kill or cure .... I have a new half marathon in the morning.....

M...eldy    pirate
02/03/2013 at 18:20

Neither sadly .. not for the want of trying!!

It doesn't sound like you should be running a half marathon. what happened to the sensible head?

02/03/2013 at 18:22

i pulled out of todays race.that is sensible........i really want to do tomorrows even though 'm not racing it....it will be a slow training run

see if food makes me feel better

02/03/2013 at 18:27

If you haven't eaten anything today and you've not felt well, you shouldn't be running tomorrow you silly moo.  Not even a slow training run half marathon. 

02/03/2013 at 18:28

And you were sick too?????

See sense.

M...eldy    pirate
02/03/2013 at 18:29

I do agree ..

Seren, think of the bigger plans, its not worth the risk IMO

02/03/2013 at 18:29

. a few local people have said there is a short lasting bug going around......so I'm hoping I will wake up feeling good..

02/03/2013 at 18:33

But you haven't eaten anything today, Seren, you've got no calories inside you. Plus you've been sick which is really quite strenuous on the body.  You'll do 5 miles and then wonder why you're exhausted and then you'll get the hump.

(((hug)))

Do think about not doing it in the morning.

Aunty Mouse says it's not the best idea, so does Great Great Granny Meldy.

M...eldy    pirate
02/03/2013 at 18:44

Fur Cough rodent  

02/03/2013 at 18:49
Anywayyyyy.....

I was pleased with my long bike today but I think it'll be an early night tonight.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.