no appointment necessary!

149,641 to 149,660 of 151,208 messages
23/02/2013 at 13:45

long lie-in for me

hour in the garden turning over soil in the light snow

rugby in pub

seren nos    pirate
23/02/2013 at 16:36

up late last night and up early this morning for a bike fiting...said hello to meldy's bike........then came home and slept for nearly 3 hours........

starting to feel more human again

today is a rest day after all

M...eldy    pirate
23/02/2013 at 16:40

Make sure you are resting then Seren, we know what your 'rest days' look like  

Snow is still coming down here but doesn't appear to be doing much when it lands, hoping for an easy drive home at 2am!!    My 'oss went out with a spring in his step this morning so spring cant be far away now

Come on Ingerland  

Hope    pirate
23/02/2013 at 16:59

I hope spring springs soon. Lots of snowflakes on my run this morning but nothing has settled.

Hope it doesn't come down too thickly. We're doing the Gavin and Stacey run tomorrow. There, flying hospital visit to Garr's Dad, and then back in the evening.

Am leaving no2 daughter in her Dad and sisters care for the day.To be fair I think she's bored with my company now.

No1. daughter is loving having someone to do physio on. Only a few months until she graduates. I can't believe how fast that time has gone. She'll be applying for jobs soon!

Good training all, and GREAT news on your run Meldy! It shows all your patience and commitment are paying off. Soopa stuff x 

M...eldy    pirate
23/02/2013 at 17:25

Goodness how lovely for No1 to have a patient to practice on that can't run away!!!

That must take some time to do a flying visit to Essex?

Nice Parkrunning Mrs F !

seren nos    pirate
23/02/2013 at 17:55

Hope......maybe you can get some sleep in the car journey....

Mrs F.i must do another park run soon.......

really fancied a drink but No 2 son has decided to go out last minute so will stay sober incase he needs a lift home........he rarely goes out apart from his hockey training and matches so i was quick to encourage him

just realised that its a cutback week next week so can reduce should have a bit of an easier week......but i have got 2 races next weekend...x country saturday and then a half marathon sunday

M...eldy    pirate
23/02/2013 at 17:57

That doesnt sound like an easy week to me!!

I am due another run tomorrow, will go before work and employ the same strategy as yesterday and hope it all works as well - calfs are a bit tight today but I am taking that as a plus!!

Hope    pirate
23/02/2013 at 18:04
Gingers crossed Melds.
It's about a 4 hour trip to Essex but Garr's Dad isn't good at the moment so our effort I know will be really appreciated. He's a lovely man.
We would have had the whole wkend there if the operation recovery had gone smoother and S had been out of hospital sooner.

Garr's Dad doesn't know we are going so it will be a nice surprise!
Yes Seren. I'm planning to nap my way down the M4!
Plum    pirate
23/02/2013 at 19:54

oi you lot....... text me your phone numbers please with your name on obviously..... I have moved into the modern era and have a strange new phone  if only I could work the damn thing.................

Hope    pirate
23/02/2013 at 19:59
Oh I wondered where u were!
M...eldy    pirate
23/02/2013 at 20:14

Oh .. its alive !

Hope, given the distance thats not too bad a journey really!   Its very nice to be able to make a positive difference to his life by visiting

I would quite like to go home now ...

Hope    pirate
23/02/2013 at 20:17
I've been out! I'm still enjoying the sense of freedom.
However 3 inch heels on long run day was a big mistake.
M...eldy    pirate
24/02/2013 at 12:06
3 inch heels give my lower limbs a nice little break!!

Just coffee-ing up before a quick plod before back to work for the evening

Can someone stick a nose out and tell me how cold it is?
24/02/2013 at 15:19

quite cold

i've spent an hour digging in the garden

24/02/2013 at 15:27

Its friggin freezing here!

M...eldy    pirate
24/02/2013 at 17:08

That helps Cheesy  

It was fecking  cold I know that much, BUT another hour done, all quite good (one step away from perfect)   I have changed or am trying to change my running style somewhat, the calf strengthening exercises I have been doing have certainly helped with the change over although I am still getting DOMs (in a good way)
The last 2 mins had a little bit of a niggle but that could be due to tiredness and a bit of loss of form I think
Concentrated on knee lift and slightly forward at the hips, certainly feels comfortable although the knee lift is a little more tiring than my usual ironman shuffle !!

Hope    pirate
24/02/2013 at 20:26
Sounds like its worth the effort Meldy. Well done on another good run.
I'm on the M4. Very much wishing we were home already.

We had a good day visiting the family. It's a lot of travelling though.
Inbetween hospital and dinner at Garr's sister I had time to pick up my wedding shoesies which has made me very happy.
*yawn*
Are we nearly there yet???
Tomorrow is a day with S. on the sofa, Gwenblankie, films. I need to do a short run but other than that it will be a pyjama day. I cannot wait!
M...eldy    pirate
24/02/2013 at 20:31

When are you due back to work then Hope?  Nice to have some quality time at home regardless of circumstance

seren nos    pirate
24/02/2013 at 20:38

all sounding good meldy.

TMW.digging must be good cross training....

I went on my new bike and i enjoyed it...only 63 miles this week but i followed it by a 15 min run.........cutback week starts in the morning.........

Hope....i think you should sleep most of tomorrow........have a good rest

M...eldy    pirate
24/02/2013 at 20:40

I shall be swimming at lunchtime if I can haul my carcass out of bed in time , wont be home til late so I cant guarantee it !!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.