The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

149,901 to 149,920 of 151,213 messages
25/03/2013 at 14:18

Afternoon all,

sounds like some busy and constructive weekends.  Hope the extending goes smoothly Schmunks.

Cas- yes t'was me on my way for a jaunt round Box Hill, just about warm enough going up and then slowly freezing on the down bits.  It looks like Lanza might be a bit messy.

Barlos- sorry, can't help you on the shop front.  I used to use Swim Bike Run in Windsor but they went rather spectacularly broke some years back.

25/03/2013 at 20:20
Meldy...we did the beachy route a few weeks back. I ran on the North Downs Way yesterday - Ranmore Common to Guildford and back with a loop round Denbies and Westhumble

Ferret...'twas a bit chilly yesterday, wasn't it? Was so muddy on the ndw that I was going faster than some of the mtb-ers!
M...eldy    pirate
25/03/2013 at 20:36

Barlos .. I went to a place in Hainult I think but that was many many years ago ... I would ask Flatfooted he would know somewhere

Ferret, Lanza if nothing else will be nice and warm, I care about nothing less!!!!   I have not had ONE bike session where I did not end up freezing cold

I swam today and I was awesome, I shall run tomorrow and be less so  

seren nos    pirate
25/03/2013 at 20:38

i ran thgis morning and I played squash tonight and was back to thrashing my husband 

I missed a swim this afternoon as I took my son out for a meal .. ( with my mother and youngest son ) to celebrate middle son passing hist driving test at last..........so that should save me a few pennies

M...eldy    pirate
26/03/2013 at 11:21
Another taxi driver in the house can't be bad!!
26/03/2013 at 11:47

[blunders in.......trips.....THUD..........ouch!]

hello strangers....

right - with Brighton Marathon barely over 2 weeks away, I can't remember (it's my age y'know ) who from this fred is doing it.   could someone enlighten me please??  I know (or think I know) that the following are in:

• me and Petal
  • Holly (and Oxy)
  • Debbo
  • Artful Chicken
  • Happychap 
  • Hope
  • Mrs Funkin (and Funkin?)
  • Plum

Anyone else I've missed??  

And I guess the next question is - where are people staying??  Brighton I guess for most?  I also can't remember if we offered beds in GWR to anyone!! 

We'd like to get a meal sorted for the night before if poss (or if people prefer - something post race) so we can have a few beers to celebrate our 60ths so if we can get numbers sorted (incl partners) I'll see if we can organise something.  If it ends up like herding cats, sod it!  

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
26/03/2013 at 12:01
Im in and staying Brighton sea front
26/03/2013 at 12:02
Schmunks is sherpa ing
debbo    pirate
26/03/2013 at 12:12

I'll be there, but not running as I can barely waddle three miles at the moment

I'd prefer post-race, as I'm going out with my boy and his girlfriend on saturday night for a meal.  

I'm staying in Brighton too, with Holly.  

26/03/2013 at 13:00

We're in and staying in Brighton Toucs is coming with me. 

26/03/2013 at 13:07

I seem to have a number for the race as well.  I'm staying with friends on Saturday evening so would prefer something post-race as well (not to say that you can't have both a pre- and post-do).  

I was down at the Happychaps retail office a couple of weeks back and can confirm that Mr Happychap will also be participating.  We were idly talking of driving a 3:45 bus.

Cas- it was so chilly on Sunday I had to stop at one point to whirl my hands around to try to persuade the blood back into them.

Meldy- I think the warmness is the only thing guaranteed (for me) about Lanza.  I'm channeling the spirit of the burger boys and hoping that a bit of monster bike mileage over Easter  can kick start a late sprint to the line.

seren nos    pirate
26/03/2013 at 13:08

I think i will be the only one not in Brighton

Hope    pirate
26/03/2013 at 13:33

Afternoonies 

Schmunkee that's a lot of ticks there. Good job!

FB I will be at Brighton with Garr. We've got a hotel booked for the Saturday and Sunday. I think a post race thing would be my preference too, but am happy to meet up whenever. We plan to be there early on the Saturday 

Hope all are well. Life is a bit on the crazy busy side here. We've a wedding this Thursday, T's b'day Sunday as well as Easter. Good job I'm tapering that's all I can say.

Anyone seen the sun??

26/03/2013 at 13:51

so more than expected eh??  jolly d

perhaps post race is looking fave then - and that would suit us but perhaps we can beg a favour from someone in a hotel so we can use their shower before going for some nosh and beer???  at least it would avoid us minging while everyone else is smelling like  parma violets or summat!  

26/03/2013 at 14:35
FerrousFerret wrote (see)

I seem to have a number for the race as well.  I'm staying with friends on Saturday evening so would prefer something post-race as well (not to say that you can't have both a pre- and post-do).  

I was down at the Happychaps retail office a couple of weeks back and can confirm that Mr Happychap will also be participating.  We were idly talking of driving a 3:45 bus.

Cas- it was so chilly on Sunday I had to stop at one point to whirl my hands around to try to persuade the blood back into them.

Meldy- I think the warmness is the only thing guaranteed (for me) about Lanza.  I'm channeling the spirit of the burger boys and hoping that a bit of monster bike mileage over Easter  can kick start a late sprint to the line.

Likewise FF, ive not really got into the swing of Lanza training, had hampstring and glute niggles all year, also work keeps getting in the way!  Also hoping for a couple of monster rides over Easter.

Brighton's going to be fun, long jog/walk for me, treating it as miles in the bank for Lanza, ive hardly done any running this year.

26/03/2013 at 14:40

FB, id prefer post race to, am staying in Brighton the Sunday night, its the day they announce the 2013 Kona Legacy slots, noon Eastern Time), so I maybe celebrating?  though think the chances of getting in this time are low. 

26/03/2013 at 16:43

FB/Petal, you are very welcome to shower chez happychap I think we're staying somewhere on the sea front. 

26/03/2013 at 17:14

We are staying with Mummy & Daddy Funkin along the coast a bit, Kirsty will be with us too & as she is a teacher & back to work on the Monday morning (so is Funkin I think, as he's not running, he's doing VLM as a training run for Lanza), we will be driving back on Sunday night...doesn't mean we won't want dinner and a drink though I haven't thought through the logistics of showering, so I suspect it may be a baby wipe wash in the loos! I'm glamorous, me.

M...eldy    pirate
26/03/2013 at 17:17

I am still very much intending to be there (even tho the grumpy old git left me off the list)
I may have to work a late shift on the Monday so could mean a late drive back on Sunday night which is not too much of an issue
I wont need a wash as I am not doing anything to get sweaty  

26/03/2013 at 17:22
M...eldy wrote (see)

I am still very much intending to be there (even tho the grumpy old git left me off the list)
I may have to work a late shift on the Monday so could mean a late drive back on Sunday night which is not too much of an issue
I wont need a wash as I am not doing anything to get sweaty  

oi - you weren't included 'cos I knew you weren't running it - just wanted to check who was and wasn't.  

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.