The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

150,121 to 150,140 of 151,208 messages
Hope    pirate
22/04/2013 at 07:29

Morning all. 

Well done all you training demons. Not long now for the Lanza lovelies 

22/04/2013 at 08:34
I swimmed twice over the weekend and I have honed my knitting skills. Currently on knitting project number 2
M...eldy    pirate
22/04/2013 at 18:34

Swimming coming on ok now then orare you weighed down by the knitting wool ?  

Bizzy little day for me today which is good as it meant it passed by quite quickly !

T minus  3 weeks and 5 days Hope!!!   Hope you are ready for an epic nights tracking on IM dead ....  

22/04/2013 at 21:28

done a run... good

22/04/2013 at 21:58

Nicely done that man.

Meldy - that *almost* sounds like a wibble.

M...eldy    pirate
23/04/2013 at 08:43

I fully intend VFM   

23/04/2013 at 09:20

Morning all,

yellow face is in the sky and seems to be making things warm, I might have to ditch the jumper over my normal office attire.

Sounds like some top training, knitting and domestic-ing has been occuring.

I think I mostly need to live on a saddle for the next however many weeks.  I have a  plumber fixing my wonky loo this evening so possible a short session afterwards. 

23/04/2013 at 13:41

Oh aye.  Sexy this plumber?

I think the weather will part determine the level of value for money for me.  I feel reasonably happy, sort of, kinda.

seren nos    pirate
23/04/2013 at 13:47

I managed to break anothe microwave.this one lasted 14 months as opossed to the 10 months of the last one........

in the last 10 years I haven't had one last more than 18mths.what on earth do i do to them.they catch fire.or the metal paint inside all flakes off.............

Its one item that I always buy the three year guarantee with.I'm sure Argos are going to put a ban on me soon as this must be the 6th one under guarantee at least

in other news I had an interview for some parttime voluntary work for a charity and I start next week

23/04/2013 at 13:55

aye up doods

nice spring day eh??

seren - secret with microwaves is either a) buy cheap and expect to replace them, or b) buy expensive as they will last.

we have a Panasonic combi-microwave - probably cost c£150 4 years ago and still fine.  that replaced an older model version of same which was about 10 years old when it packed in.

but maybe it doesn't get hammered like yours as there's only 2 of us

seren nos    pirate
23/04/2013 at 13:57

I think that might be part of the problem.......even sausages and bacon etc are cooked in mine.as well as porridge and hot chocolate

M...eldy    pirate
23/04/2013 at 14:21

sossiges and bacon in a microwave?    You feckin deserve the thing to blow IMO   

seren nos    pirate
23/04/2013 at 14:24

its quicker and no washing up of a frying pan.......sausage are a tad aneamic.but that doesn't change taste

23/04/2013 at 14:27

Don't you end up with fat spattered all over the insides?  What about a George Foreman grill?  My one has removeable plates and I just chuck em in the wishdosher with everything else.

23/04/2013 at 14:27

I do bacon in the microwave if I'm in a hurry - but sausages,no.

mostly used for cooking rice!

seren nos    pirate
23/04/2013 at 14:28

but i do wipe it over with a damp cloth inside......

23/04/2013 at 14:36

I don't really use mine and I don't think I will replace it when it dies.  If I do, I will get a fancy multifunctional one because my over is 900mm and not 600mm and therefore very uneconomical to run.  Hence the George Foreman.  I only use it to reheat leftover meals and baked beans.

seren nos    pirate
23/04/2013 at 14:41

i cook chicken portions and chicken breasts in there if in a rush.......and defost mince and chicken portions if forgoitten to get them out.......

i use it for nachos........

and lots of things really

i remember when they first cam eout I didn't want one ofr ages as i said they were only useful for heating up pies

23/04/2013 at 14:43

(high fives Mouse as another member of the Unwin society).  I'll be flying from Gatport Airwick in a few weeks time.

I have a very cheap tesco value m/wave which is mostly used to re-heat whatever it is I cooked in bulk at the weekend.  Other than that, baked potatoes and stuffing.

What will you be doing for the charity Seren?  How did T get on at London?  I think I found his result, but was a bit confused as he's normally a bit of a speedster and this result wasn't. 

M...eldy    pirate
23/04/2013 at 14:47

Does everything come out with blue stripes Ferret?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.