The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

150,661 to 150,680 of 151,740 messages
M...eldy    pirate
20/07/2013 at 16:41

Afternoon all ... I had to miss the closing stages of todays Tour, looked to be a bit of a cracker 

2nd day of overime which will fill the sock nicely 

20/07/2013 at 20:21

Row 63 of 95 of pattern A.  169 stitches increasing 8 stitches on every other row to total 269 by last row of pattern 

And this is the trial run. I am hoping to get the proper shawl knitted for 2 months time 

20/07/2013 at 23:06

I think I've got a case of Achilles tendinitis....was reading up on common running injuries and this seems to fit where the pain is located.  AGhhr! Oh we'll, there are worse things.

M...eldy    pirate
20/07/2013 at 23:08

Hi Chicken .... I think most of us have/do suffer similarly ... Keep it moving and keep stretching & massaging, lay off running until pain free in the mornings 

20/07/2013 at 23:15

Thx M....eldy, I'm doing strengthening exercises at the gym instead and will be back on the bike rides and walking for cross training.  Strange thing was it happened during an easy 10k run.  However, I have been doing a LOT of running on hard surfaces only for over a year now which prob aggravated it.  Need to change shoes too.  Got some custom running insoles whilst in the USA too.

M...eldy    pirate
20/07/2013 at 23:32

Dont do any hard gear work on the bike, no standing on pedals 

achilles will always go when you least espect it!

20/07/2013 at 23:38

Shit always happens when you least expect it! I guess the worst thing about this is, will likely be spending more training sessions INSIDE at the gym when the weather is so lovely at the mo.

28/07/2013 at 20:43

*notices the thread door open and checks there are no squatters*

Pattern A of shawl complete: 95 rows ending with 249 stitches. Only 27 rows to Pattern B, but max out at 533 stitches 

I think I need to get a bigger circular needle 

seren nos    pirate
28/07/2013 at 20:44

i would give up trying to keep on counting...which i have to do to check i haven't dropped a few

M...eldy    pirate
28/07/2013 at 20:51

I would lose count at 10 ....

Hope    pirate
29/07/2013 at 20:30

Hello. Everyone ok?? 

All busy here. I'm currently in between dentists, so am working with anyone who'll have me for the next week or so. It sounds more fun than it is, believe me. 

My new whippersnapper starts on the 7th and I do hope he's a good one. The last one nearly tipped me over the edge. Bizarrely he's decided not to look for a dentist post, but has accepted a job as a hotel manager in the Philippines. He reckons this will give him loads of time to surf and kite surf and lay on a beach. I'm thinking more along the lines of Faulty Towers myself, but I may be a bit cynical. 

Wedding planning is on schedule. I need to contact the lady who is going to alter my bridesmaids dresses this week and get that booked in. My dress still isn't ready despite being ordered 8 months ago. They must still be waiting for the little silk worms to do their stuff. 

Last week I swam, cycled AND I ran. 

seren nos    pirate
29/07/2013 at 21:04

busy bee as usual Hope.........I'm going through a tired period and so resting.will have a race tomorrow night.holidays are always hard for me to train

M...eldy    pirate
29/07/2013 at 21:11

Swimming, biking AND runnning .... you know what that means dont you  

I swam and biked and cross trained today 

Hope    pirate
29/07/2013 at 21:15

I don't find it too much different, but I guess I have to train early or late anyway because of w*rk. It kills me in the winter when I have a strong tendency towards hibernating. I have lots more gerrup 'n gooo in the summer so I manage ok. 

I'm so tempted to invest in a SAD light for this winter! 

seren nos    pirate
29/07/2013 at 21:20

I just don't know when i can train as I just don't know when the eldest will be going out or coming in.......by the time Terry comes home and then he runs.,I'm usually ready for bed

29/07/2013 at 21:50

Evening all,

apart from JC's achilles, glad to hear everyone is getting along well.  I seem to be bicycle-less as someone put my front door in.  Most impressed by the local force although there's only a couple of fingerprints to go on and I think at least one of those will be mine.

29/07/2013 at 21:53

Oh Fefe, that's awful 

29/07/2013 at 21:57

Achilles is on the mend (I think), managed 30mins on the treadmill at a fair pace and a strength work out, and did a walk/run 10k on Sat but didn't run up or down any hills as that seems to set it off.

Resigned myself to the fact that VO2 max and all that jazz will drop and poss. some running fitness aswell.  One month until the half-marathon - reckon its touch and go as to whether I'll be able to do this now.

30/07/2013 at 03:51

No such luck, test run this evening revealed Achilles still not happy at

Hope    pirate
30/07/2013 at 07:25

Oh Fe fe sorry to hear that.

Bad news on the achillies JC.

Seren, I hope you manage to fit some in.

Meldy.... it must mean there's an Ironman on the horizon 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.