no appointment necessary!

150,661 to 150,680 of 151,213 messages
30/06/2013 at 18:52

I enjoyed that 

M...eldy    pirate
30/06/2013 at 18:55

Me too  

30/06/2013 at 19:55

I got cheesed off looking at bathroom tiles and ended up on Ravelry.  I now appear to have a pattern and some skeins of wool to knit a shawl to go with a dress I am hoping to wear to a wedding late this year.  

But first I have to make a teddy bear for a colleague's daughter. My colleague and her Husband are divorced.  Post-divorce and when the daughter was 8 he believed she was too old to have a teddy bear and told the mother that the daughter had lost it on one of her visits.  The mother suspects he binned it

It seems the daughter still mentions the teddy bear to this day and so the mother has asked me to design and make a replica for the daughter's 16th.

M...eldy    pirate
30/06/2013 at 20:04

sounds intriguing!

30/06/2013 at 20:54

I'm not surprised she still mentions it, my bear (that my great grandad gave me when I was born & it was bigger than me) still lives at our house  I think that sounds lovely and she will be delighted.

M...eldy    pirate
30/06/2013 at 21:06

I've still got my bear too

Hope    pirate
01/07/2013 at 07:08

Oh That's lovely Schmunks.
I have a cuddly bunny that Garr made for me at the Bear Factory. He kissed her heart and made a wish and everything. I love her .

I am SO looking forward to the weekend girls. 

01/07/2013 at 11:01

I don't have a bear from when I was little but I don't think I had one. 

01/07/2013 at 11:34

Morning all,

I too used to have a bear that was bigger than me, it got passed to my sister, but I think it might have got lost somewhere in the house moves over the years- I'll have to ask her.

Aquathlon on Friday has convinced me to start planning less and doing more.

debbo    pirate
01/07/2013 at 15:15

My mum gave my bear away when I left home to go to university.

01/07/2013 at 18:39

I have just polished funkin's first ever triathlon trophy & put it on the side I know I've said it elsewhere but he was 2nd Old Man (!!) at the Worthing Standard yesterday (2:09:57), including a sea swim. I was dead proud 9th overall too...and he proudly collected his little glass trophy thingy whilst rocking the Pirate visor. Skillz.

I have too many bears and sheep and cows to even count...good job I never had children, it would have been even worse! I don't know why really...

Now for a BBQ. Mousie knows how I love a barbie. Alas I forgot the coleslaw so not sure the trophy winner will eat any leafs without it

Happy Monday, hope all well and happy.

seren nos    pirate
01/07/2013 at 20:23

Mrs F.......can't believe its his first trophy when he is so fast............it shows the difference between old woman and old men

i need to start a list for the weekend.....and my pillow must go on the top of it

M...eldy    pirate
01/07/2013 at 20:41

Your pillow must also go  on top of the list of things not to forget to take home with you either Seren!!

01/07/2013 at 21:19

I had a velvet rabbit rather than a teddy bear...but I only have the head and one leg left!

Mrs F - so pleased to hear the news! I can't believe it's his first trophy either!

Driving home from Dorset this afternoon it has just dawned on me that I don't know what I need to do for the weekend! I have no idea where the campsite is, what I need to bring or when I need to be where! This is most unlike me...can someone organise me please?

I'm fed up of packing...just unpacked from a trip to Dorset and repacked to go to Ireland tomorrow! I was in Spain last week too.

01/07/2013 at 21:36

Assuming you're Outlawing then the campsite is here:

http://www.nwscnotts.com/useful-info/contacts-directions/

I originally couldn't attend as I was on a training course which has now been cancelled, but my boss is now off sick so I haven't worked out the logistics of the weekend.  I might attend but it'll be fleeting at best.

01/07/2013 at 21:40

Fefe - I'm driving up early on sunday and back on Monday if you want a lift

01/07/2013 at 21:41

i am not attending whatever is happening as i am writing up my final project for the next 2 weeks!

however i did have a teddy given to me the day i was born and he is still with me, currently lying on my bed

M...eldy    pirate
01/07/2013 at 21:42

Looks like Cas is being organised 

01/07/2013 at 22:02

Cas, thanks for the offer but my 'best fit' analysis has me coming up on Saturday and driving back down on Sunday.  Will have a chat to the 'other guy' in the office to see what we can work out cover wise. 

01/07/2013 at 22:07

The only thing I have organised is a meeting in Newark for mid-afternoon on the Monday so it is a "work" day and I don't have to take it as hols...and work can pay my mileage too

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.