The Psychiatric Wing

no appointment necessary!

150,681 to 150,700 of 151,850 messages
30/07/2013 at 07:56

Fefe -  that's awful. 

In other news, three rows into pattern B and i have 373 stitches. It ain't that bad really as there are 12 blocks of pattern to a row and so I can  break it down like that 

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
30/07/2013 at 10:51

FeFe thats terrible, sorry to hear

Pop-Up Schmunks - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Fefe -  that's awful. 

In other news, three rows into pattern B and i have 373 stitches. It ain't that bad really as there are 12 blocks of pattern to a row and so I can  break it down like that 

seren nos yn canu    pirate
30/07/2013 at 11:25

ferret.......horrible.horrible

i am busy whizzing around everywhere today.not getting much down..............two visists to teh dentist still to do today and an asda shop and a race tonight

30/07/2013 at 11:26

FeFe that's crap.  There's a twitter site for stolen bikes and various facebook pages.  Fegan's friend recovered his via twitter.

30/07/2013 at 14:57

Achilles came back to haunt me at

30/07/2013 at 14:59

Achilles came back to haunt me at less than 3k of what ended up being an 8k walking loop.  I suspect that means no more racing this summer as it starts snowing end Sept early Oct.

30/07/2013 at 15:10

@Fefe

https://twitter.com/StolenRide  if you tweet them a photo of your bike they normally retweet.

Was anything else taken?

M...eldy    pirate
30/07/2013 at 18:37

I was about to say to send a picture to Flatfooted as he tweets stolen bikes a lot

JC, achilles need a lot of rest (from running)

seren nos wrote (see)

I just don't know when i can train as I just don't know when the eldest will be going out or coming in.......by the time Terry comes home and then he runs.,I'm usually ready for bed

Seren, daft as it might sound, can you not get the eldest to comit to some times of when he is coming & going?

30/07/2013 at 18:38

Sorry to read that FeFe...fingers crossed for return.

30/07/2013 at 18:42

no Meldy.....he says he doesn't know as he is relying on other people as he is carless.....it makes  the whole holidays a bit of a nightmare and good job the others are being very flexible for me....

30/07/2013 at 19:04

FeFe - hope it wasn't an extra special bike....and a P in the A if that was the mode of transport you were relying on.

31/07/2013 at 13:21

Thaks for the sympathies and suggestions everyone, I'm subscribed to a daily e-mail feed of any bike listings on e-bay and Gumtree.  They took the bike and all the cash in the house, but left everything else (including the laptop with my e-mail database). CID confirmed that it's normally cash, jewellery and easily moved stuff that 'they're' after.  A couple of fingerprints recovered but I'm not holding my breath.  

On the upside the insurance companies have been very organised and I should shortly receive a voucher for the current version of the bike that was nicked.  Front door will take longer to resolve as they can't fit a replacement temporary one until mid-August.

JC- in the vast scheme of things it wasn't particularly special (price wise), but I'd completed all bar one of my IMs on it so it has sentimental value.  I commute by train normally so not a day-to-day problem.

31/07/2013 at 13:24

Fefe......bad news about the door.....good news about laptop etc.....

I have done tanning wipes on my feet and dyed my hair and I am now on my second lot of feet tanning.turning into a girlie girl

31/07/2013 at 14:16

Why are you putting tanning wipes on your feet?

FeFe - glad to hear that the insurance company are being efficient.  Sometimes they can be proper nuisances.  Who are you with?

31/07/2013 at 14:38

beacuse i have two weddings this week.and my tan lines make me look like i have white sock on

31/07/2013 at 15:01

Has it worked?  

31/07/2013 at 15:11

My son is teasing me with the oomp loompa song.......but yes i think they ae starting to blend in now.each wipe takes 3 hrs to mature and i have done 2 coats now....the pack of 20 only cost me 99p so was not expecting much

so pleased.will see how they look in the morning....and after a bath

31/07/2013 at 15:26

Mouse,

theoretically it is the people I bank with (Barclays), but it appears that they take a 3rd party product and brand it.  The 3rd party in turn use sub-contractors so I have one firm looking after the door and another handling the bike vouchers.  

Hope you have a lovely time at the weddings Seren.

31/07/2013 at 16:48

Fefe - what a pain! I liked your bike...it was a familiar sight beside mine on lots of long rides.

Seren - turning into a girl? Whatever next!

Can you give me some tips on wedding please? I will have to start planning one but haven't been to one for over 8 years!!

My legs are pretty much back to normal after the Lakeland 50 now but I'm still grinning from the results. Definitely the hardest race I've ever done but also the one that went according to my race plan too, well apart from the biblical rain for the last five hours!!

31/07/2013 at 16:51

Cas........buy self tanning wipes..there my help here is amazing.........congratulations on a great race..and on the unusual celebration

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.