no appointment necessary!

152,801 to 152,820 of 153,412 messages
M...eldy    pirate
21/02/2016 at 17:40
I suspect Kylie wasn't on our radar !

Sounds a proper blustery day out there
seren nos    pirate
21/02/2016 at 18:40

After yesterday it wasn't surprising that my legs didn't want to play on the cross country in the mud and water...still managed to place for the club so worth going......what will kill me for tomorrow was hubby and me spent two hours attacking the concrete around a post...managed to get six inches down the the post is still stuch solid....

Next move is for son to borrow an angle grinder and  we will slice through the bugger....

21/02/2016 at 18:54

I wish my posts were stuck solid. My hoss fence is blowing around and falling over and generally causing stress.

Well done for your XC Seren. I take it you are feeling in better health than last week?

It's proper blustery down south Meldy. How's your neddy's foot now?

I've done something wrong with me yorkie-puds... they are pushing through the next rack up in the oven! 

21/02/2016 at 20:15

I missed any news on Kylie too.  I guess from Dave's comment that she is either engaged or married?

Croissants - I don't know what our problem is.  The French seem to be able to cope with them as they are 

Seren - well done on the bike ride.  All good training for Lanza.

Limper - I am seeing if I can do stranded knitting as there is a sock pattern I have fallen in love with and this is a new technique for me. 

My plans to join the WI are on hold as my cherry cake hasn't turned out how I'd hoped.  It has sunk in the middle and all the cherries have sunk to the bottom.  I may defect from Mary and revert to Delia; she has never let me down in any of her recipes .  

the cake still tastes good, though 

21/02/2016 at 22:17

Schmunkee - I have no idea what stranded knitting is! I get my socks from Father Christmas and I'm fairly sure he doesn't knit them.
I do believe tossing the fruit lightly in flour prevents it from sinking to the bottom when doing a fruit cake. You'll have to practise practise practise if you want to be accepted into the WI. I can help you with an impartial assessment of your baked goods 

My yorkies were magnificent. I've no idea why they rose so high (plain flour) but they tasted great. Burrrp.

21/02/2016 at 22:27

Hurrah! Our en suite loo is fixed & we now have a re-filling cistern and a half flush again. This is very exciting as it means I no longer have to negotiate a step down at the top of a flight of stairs in the dark in the middle of the night if I need a wee    

seren nos    pirate
22/02/2016 at 01:45

Mrs f.. I have a whole flight of stairs to negotiate every night..  

M...eldy    pirate
22/02/2016 at 03:26

I just use the pot under the bed ...

What on earth are you doing up at this time of the night Seren?

Limper, his Lordship is doing ok at the moment, he has very thin soles so suffers in these wet conditions with stones and infections, the cushings drugs seem to have brought the infection under control or at least the frequency of them (touch wood).  AS a large grey horse he has as you would expect a number of melanomas now and he has large tumours almost engulfing his ears and guteral pouches .. he is not without his problems bless him but he is 25 and I am under no illusion that the job is to manage quality of life for him.  At the mo he also has laminitic changes going on so he is on a diet and none to happy about that either !!

seren nos    pirate
22/02/2016 at 06:04

I was having a wee..

My son's horse is a youngster and still costs him a fortune....he gets new shoes every 4 weeks....

22/02/2016 at 07:29

Ah, Meldy, I've been there. I have a grey and he is riddled with melanomas. He nearly lost his little pony life a couple of years ago and developed cushings from the stress. He's doing ok now but is a bit older than his years would suggest and is difficult to manage diet-wise. My big horse is really showing his age this winter and I'm dreading him whispering in my ear that he's had enough. Sigh.

Hooray for your fully functioning loo Mrs F. What a relief!!

22/02/2016 at 07:44

Limper - stranded knitting is using two colours. You have to carrying colours on the reverse and I am learning how to get the tension right so it doesn't pucker as well as catch the strands on the reverse so they don't catch on toes.

Delia has told me how to stop my cherries sinking (she agrees with you) and Google has told me not to use too much baking powder if I don't want the whole cake to sink

MrsF - good news re your en-suite flushing system 

22/02/2016 at 10:22

LOLers Seren. Oh the irony    I have a fear of coming a cropper down the stairs and the other night when D was a bit tiddly, he nearly did!

I am having a Call the Midwife fest today. Watched one episode, then did the ironing, now another...then elevenses...then another which is last night's one & apparently it's a full on tear jerker...and later I am going to have my hair chopped off. It's currently nearly touching my waist & needs to go. 

22/02/2016 at 16:37

Spent the afternoon helping in the garden.... A bit of light weeding using a mattock 

plans should be submitted this week, so we may have an ensuite in 6 months 

M...eldy    pirate
22/02/2016 at 21:41

5.5 miles with the club ...nearly time for a snooze!

Hope    pirate
23/02/2016 at 08:46

Morning all. 

Its actually NOT pishing down or blowing a gale today. I might just get out on my bike!

So, I entered Snowdonia marathon last month and I literally feel I am starting from the very beginning again. I am taking my utter lack of fitness as a good opportunity to finally have a good go at heart rate training... mainly because I am glad for the excuse to be walking up hills at the moment 

Fun this running stuff innit?!

23/02/2016 at 09:01

Morning all,

don't quite know where last week went.  

Limper- yes it was a good party, very good to see some friends from way back and most of the ankle biters are now well on the way to being proper grown ups.

Seren- Penderyn whisky is a lovely.  Looks like you're back into full on beast mode training, please do be careful.

Mrs F, sorry to hear the pulled pork didn't work out.  Too sweet or didn't the pork pull?  I'd love to try some of the 'pulled' recipes but most seem to start with 2kg+ of meat which leaves loads of leftovers.  Good news on the en-suite 

Waves at Hope- good to see you here again.  Good to see you've decided to start on something small then 

Happychap- Bognor 10k?  I might have to check my calendar...

Top knitting Schmunks.

Dave- I'd leave a candle burning for Ms Minogue.  Without wishing her ill, she doesn't seem to have had the best of luck with partners. Who knows the cinnamon buns could seal the deal.  Fingers crossed for the planning application.

Meldy- hope Murph isn't feeling too badly.  Based on the amount equine googling I've been doing I think I should qualify for some sort of vet'nary certificate.

Waves in the direction of Mouse. 

It felt like I spent most of Sunday baking, (cakes for office to celebrate birthday) but mostly that was because I only had one certain sized cake tin so had to do serial rather than parallel baking.

Right- I think they might expect me to do some work seeing as I'm sat in some sort of office.

seren nos    pirate
23/02/2016 at 09:05

morning

FeFe.. I am not abck in full mode.no swimming... no early morning sessions.just doing 3 sessions a week at the moment.....

got an exam this afternoon so had better get the housework and shopping done soon and look at my books

Hope    pirate
23/02/2016 at 09:43

Lol Fe fe, I went for a race that will never be a pb in a month of sundays... just to take that particular pressure off.

I can't believe I just Goofled "news Kylie"!

Happy studying Seren 

23/02/2016 at 09:57

Morning peeps, glorious morning up Norf  

Suzie on holiday this week, so we are going out for lunch, by bus ! And swim training later.

there will always be a little space in my heart for Kylie ( I still can't believe the Suzie & Sprog 4 clubbed together and got my top of the range tickets to see Kylie on tour a couple of years back ) 

Hope    pirate
23/02/2016 at 18:05

Ahhh... I'm sure she feels the same about you!

I was a little surprised to read her fella is 28! 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.