The Runner's Arms. (Forum pub.)

What are you all drinking?

122,001 to 122,020 of 122,501 messages
20/01/2012 at 21:22

I really did have a biscuit to celebrate (and a piece of millionaire shortbread earlier, when I had a cup of tea with my minister) - I know how to have a good time, me!! No point in opening a bottle of fizzy as I would have one glass, so would Neil and the rest would get poured down the sink - and I refuse to waste it in that way!

Have blogged here.

20/01/2012 at 21:39
good news from Her Buxomness
20/01/2012 at 22:13

PS, I have to break the news to you that I am now less buxom than I was

...but I still reserve the right to be known as the Buxom Barmaid, Her Buxomness, Queen of Buxom City etc

24/01/2012 at 09:42

Lovely boots Sweetest!  And great news! I made some Millionair's shortbread the other day, didn't last long in our house!  Sounds like you need a batch to feed you up!

I was offered a real G&T at 4.05pm yesterday!  Tempted, then realised I was on my school run and probably not a great idea!

24/01/2012 at 16:03

Boots arrived and are really comfortable

I think the time will soon come when I won't be able to eat what I want without putting weight on, so I will have to start being a bit careful - sob! Still, did Legs, Bums and Tums last night and am off to the gym with Amy later for some damage limitation....

G&T on the school run would probably not have been a good idea - although as far as I am concerned, G&T is never a good idea; can't stand the stuff! Never have liked it, actually.

<sips peppermint tea>

29/01/2012 at 13:37

<opens door and lets tumbleweed out>

Afternoon, everyone. Anyone fancy Sunday lunch? Today's menu is:

<writes on blackboard>

Lentil and carrot soup
Beef stew with dumplings and green veg
Leftover banoffee pie with creme fraiche (half-fat, obviously.....)

It's grey and overcast here, after a gloriously sunny winter's day yesterday.

29/01/2012 at 14:02
A post from you ST has made my sun come out!
29/01/2012 at 15:00
*settles down for dinner*

looks great ST

I attempted a walk/run today, and did do some OK running without two much trouble with the hip. will see how it feels tomorrow/next couple of days, and go from there

hope everyone has had a nice weekend. weather was OK here but a bit cold, it's turning very grey now
31/01/2012 at 19:42

Blimey, February tomorrow - where is the time going?

Lentil and roasted vegetable lasagne on the pub menu this evening - unanimous verdict at the Sweeting Towers taste test was "yummy"

LD joined Twitter today, so I am now wondering even more if I should join - it might get more publicity for my blog, which could help me get some magazine interest .....

31/01/2012 at 19:51

Sounds yummy indeed   If I hadn't stuffed myself with chicken and veg I would be tempted to ask for leftovers to be emailed.

I have never got into Twitter, never even dabbled.  I think I have too much to say most of the time

31/01/2012 at 19:55

We're trying to eat more healthily - less meat and, when we do have meat, stick pretty much to chicken/turkey. I love lentils anyway, so am happy to cook with them almost every day

I struggle with the concept of restricting myself to 140 characters. It doesn't suit my voluble personality

31/01/2012 at 19:58
I'd hardly have drawn breath let alone got to the point by the time 140 characters had been used up.
31/01/2012 at 20:04
I suspect I would be the same, but then again, conciseness is one of the attributes of a good writer, so perhaps I should practise I am thinking ot contacting a few magazines to see if they would be interested in doing an article about facial palsy and how it affects people, largely because quite a lot of people who have read my blog have suggested it should have a wider audience. We shall see!
31/01/2012 at 20:15
evening
31/01/2012 at 20:15
trying to keep the characters low, you see
31/01/2012 at 20:17

Very successfully, if I may make so bold, Mr Shed

31/01/2012 at 20:25

<nods>

Look!  I'm being even more economical

I think it would make a good magazine feature as it's something which can have many reasons behind it.  Who knows which of us may be affected.  There was a young girl on Don't Tell The Bride (sorry but I can't resist) with a facial palsy which she'd had from birth, it was quite severe but she certainly didn't shy away with it and was the life and soul of the bridal party.  The bride was a real misery though!

31/01/2012 at 20:30

Good nodding there, TP!

Most of the people in my Facial Palsy support group have palsy as a result of acoustic neuroma (I'd never heard of it before - it's a benign tumour in the ear area and treatment usually results in damage or loss of the facial nerve.), although there are some people who have had Bell's Palsy, There's one woman who was born without the facial nerve on the left side of her face. I'm certainly finding out a lot about the causes of facial palsy, that's for sure!

31/01/2012 at 20:47

Don't suppose I'd ever given it much thought apart from my dad who had a palsy as the result of his stroke but that was kind of the least of the resulting problems for him. 

I'm watching the programme on the cruise ship which sank.  Don't be thinking I'll be filming on my mobile for the benefit of the telly if the same happens to me!

31/01/2012 at 20:52

I suspect most people don't think about it unless/until it affects either them or someone close to them.

Episode 2 of Bad Girls - LD seems to be enjoying it. I think it reminds her of when she did voluntary work in a prison in Bristol, when she was a student there.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.