The Runner's Arms. (Forum pub.)

What are you all drinking?

122,001 to 122,020 of 122,521 messages
11/12/2011 at 12:41

got an email - she's just not that into me

no accounting for taste is there?

11/12/2011 at 12:47
No there's not! She is wrong 'cos I know you're a gawjuss lovely man and we all know that I am never wrong
11/12/2011 at 12:59

Pulling out the denim for quofest tonight - status quo, roy wood and kim wilde - lots of christmassy nonsense, no doubt.

11/12/2011 at 13:03
You're going to see Quo? I think she was right after all .......
11/12/2011 at 13:04
Not my idea, I hasten to add - a load of work pals are going, but the Quo are a guilty pleasure. You never know I might meet someone my age instead of dating 30 year olds
11/12/2011 at 13:07

I suspect it will mostly be blokes, although I do remember a flirty interlude when watching Metallica recently - anything is possible.

11/12/2011 at 13:32

Dating somebody your own age, now that would be a novelty these days.  Men in their mid/late 40s seem to dismiss anyone over 35 as being too old which I find very strange.  I had a huge long rant about it when I dabbled in internet dating a couple of years ago as that left the mid 40s woman with the 60+ men.  Bit ironic that my current squeeze (to borrow a Wilkie term) is 16 years older than me

I am thinking the Quo audience will be predominantly men in their 40s or 50s and there will be a lot of denim and several pony tails of thinning hair.  Should be fun though as they apparently do a great live show. 

12/12/2011 at 12:28
Marillion for me on Wednesday- time for some Christmas Spirit!
12/12/2011 at 12:29
Quo were very good as were Kim and Roy. I was one of the youngest there. Surprising number of women too. I was out with an older woman (50s) the other week to balance out the young lass. She is somebody I know from work and have always flirted shamelessly with. She called my bluff with 'I hear you are single now - fancy a date?' We've been out a few times - lots of fun, although she keeps leaving early to pick up teenage kids from places.
Edited: 12/12/2011 at 22:39
13/12/2011 at 23:59
Good taste Foxy, Marillion best band ever.
14/12/2011 at 15:35

<puts huge vat of Gluhwein on range>

Guten Tag, meine Freunden! A great time was had in Vienna - did lots of walking, saw loads of Chrristmas markets and visited some sights, stayed in a lovely hotel slap bang next to the Parliament and Rathaus and had red squirrels eating from my hand! And no, that's not a euphemism! It was a lovely break.

14/12/2011 at 19:32
Danke schon meine liebling. Vienna sounds fab. Had lunch with a colleague my own age today
15/12/2011 at 17:39

(((Glugg)))

It was a fabulous gig. I will so be back there next year. Such fun. And I am proudly attired in my "girlie" Marillion shirt- finally they make them in female designs and styles.

What a blast.

And Gluhwein Sweetest- delish and one of my fave drinks. Any left?

15/12/2011 at 22:22

<pours glass of Gluhwein for Foxy Lady>

Just back from the Christmas performance at the Orpheus Centre, where our daughter works. All the students have some kind of disability, whether physical, learning or multiple. Absolutely amazing, such talent - the students scripted, composed, designed the set, made the set and performed. This is the place.

15/12/2011 at 22:25

Dont' think I've ever had Gluhwein.  But it'd be red wouldn't it so maybe just stick with the fizz.

Was it very cold ST?

15/12/2011 at 22:28

Hello, TP - there were some stalls offering fizzy punch, if you fancy trying it? We just weren't too sure

It was about the same as the weather down here, so cool but not freezing. We had a tiny bit of rain but it was more of a light drizzle, if that.

People are starting to worry here that we are forecast 1 whole centimetre of snow overnight - that's nothing compared to what you get!

15/12/2011 at 22:32

Blimey!  A whole cm, the whole of the area will grind to a halt.

I could quite happily try some fizzy punch if it's anything like the fizzy sangria in La Tasca which is slurpilicious.

15/12/2011 at 22:42

There will be panic buying of organic olive oil and hung pheasant in Waitrose, you mark my words

<pours warm fizz for TP

<mops up spillage>

15/12/2011 at 22:44

Oh I hate it when it froths over like that

There'll be a queue outside the nearest Range Rover dealership too.  Panic buying 4x4's happens here too.

15/12/2011 at 22:49

Does it? Seems a lot of expense for something that you need about three days a year (down here, anyway!). Although I have to admit, I quite like the idea of feeling as if I am "Queen of the Road", sitting up high and looking down (literally) at the poor people in their little cars.

LD's car now has an MOT, tax and is insured so I get my car back, yay!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.