The Runner's Arms. (Forum pub.)

What are you all drinking?

122,181 to 122,200 of 122,521 messages
19/01/2012 at 21:31

I always had problems getting boots to fit my calves but the radiotherapy diet has shrunk them (calves, not boots!). Don't recommend it, though!

I saw KKD and The Dark Knight last Saturday

19/01/2012 at 21:33

No, that's one diet I hope I never have to face.

I read that on your blog.  Sounds like it was a great trip and nice to know that your mum is settled in her care home.

19/01/2012 at 21:38

I hope you never have to face it either, TP. Hopefully I have had your share  so you can avoid it

It was a good trip. Mum can't remember what she used to feel so bitter and twisted about, so that was refreshing

19/01/2012 at 21:43

Well that's the upside of dementia  there had to be one!

And AS seems to be settling into Uni life too.  Is LD still enjoying her job?

19/01/2012 at 21:48

Indeed!

Yes, she seems to be. Her new boss started in December, so she has some proper line management now. She had to go to a talk on something last night but gets some time off tomorrow in lieu, so she's quite happy. Planning all her trips abroad with her friend Caroline this evening!

19/01/2012 at 21:55
loving the boots ST

hi TP

right, off to read me kindle book. it's a bit silly the book I'm reading at the mo, dean koontz/stephen king type but without the menace or chill etc. but it was free

night night all, mega good luck tomorrow ST, thanks for the wand waving tomorrow as well TP XXX
19/01/2012 at 21:56

Bedtime for me too, I think - or at least, Kindle time

KKNN, everyone and thank you for the good luck wishes for tomorrow. xx

19/01/2012 at 22:00

Night night x and fingers crossed for you tomorrow.

I've just finished 'Me Before You' by Jojo Moyes.  Highly recommended, made me laugh and made me cry.

20/01/2012 at 17:06

Scan all clear. Phew!!

Celebratory cup of tea in order, I think....

20/01/2012 at 17:13

Hurrah!  We knew it would be but it's nice when somebody with lots of letters and wearing a white coat confirms it.

Make that tea a large one!

20/01/2012 at 17:31

It was a huge relief, even though the fact that the doctor didn't take a tissue sample last week suggested it was going to be okay. I have a PET CT scan in three weeks and that's the biggy, as it will show up anything microscopic (which is what anything nasty would tend to be). I will need all fingers crossed for that one!

<pours very large cup of tea> I might even have a biscuit too!

20/01/2012 at 19:10
Indulge yourself ST.
20/01/2012 at 19:11

<nibbles biscuit delicately>

Thank you, Poopmeister

20/01/2012 at 19:15
howdy all, fab news ST and fingers firmly crossed for PET CT scan as well.
20/01/2012 at 21:22

I really did have a biscuit to celebrate (and a piece of millionaire shortbread earlier, when I had a cup of tea with my minister) - I know how to have a good time, me!! No point in opening a bottle of fizzy as I would have one glass, so would Neil and the rest would get poured down the sink - and I refuse to waste it in that way!

Have blogged here.

20/01/2012 at 21:39
good news from Her Buxomness
20/01/2012 at 22:13

PS, I have to break the news to you that I am now less buxom than I was

...but I still reserve the right to be known as the Buxom Barmaid, Her Buxomness, Queen of Buxom City etc

24/01/2012 at 09:42

Lovely boots Sweetest!  And great news! I made some Millionair's shortbread the other day, didn't last long in our house!  Sounds like you need a batch to feed you up!

I was offered a real G&T at 4.05pm yesterday!  Tempted, then realised I was on my school run and probably not a great idea!

24/01/2012 at 16:03

Boots arrived and are really comfortable

I think the time will soon come when I won't be able to eat what I want without putting weight on, so I will have to start being a bit careful - sob! Still, did Legs, Bums and Tums last night and am off to the gym with Amy later for some damage limitation....

G&T on the school run would probably not have been a good idea - although as far as I am concerned, G&T is never a good idea; can't stand the stuff! Never have liked it, actually.

<sips peppermint tea>

29/01/2012 at 13:37

<opens door and lets tumbleweed out>

Afternoon, everyone. Anyone fancy Sunday lunch? Today's menu is:

<writes on blackboard>

Lentil and carrot soup
Beef stew with dumplings and green veg
Leftover banoffee pie with creme fraiche (half-fat, obviously.....)

It's grey and overcast here, after a gloriously sunny winter's day yesterday.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.