The Runner's Arms. (Forum pub.)

What are you all drinking?

122,221 to 122,240 of 122,327 messages
06/06/2012 at 14:28

Mt Etna sounds amazing.  Don't think I'd have been brave enough to try it, looked a bit chilly.

S and I did discuss a luggage share arrangement for the nearly here holiday but it has been discounted on the grounds that I am not prepared to give up any space in my very large suitcase.  Shoes were one of the things I cited as taking up too much space.  I may be taking a couple of spare pairs (well 4) but they're ickle thin sandals not thumping great size 10 deck shoes.

Pouring with rain here and flipping freezing.  Better perk up where I'm heading or I may be borrowing the huge shoes as the ickle sandals won't look good with socks!

06/06/2012 at 14:48

Remind me where you are going, TP

I took my running shoes, walking shoes, Birkenstocks (soooo comfortable and about 10 years old!), espadrilles and a pair of smarter sandals - wore all of them, except the sandals. I really cut down on the clothes I took and ended up wearing everthing except one top, so that was a success. We had a washing machine too, so that helped.

06/06/2012 at 17:25

Thank you for saying Birkenstocks.  I remembered about them the other night but never got round to adding them to the pile of stuff currently inhabiting the spare room.  I'll add them tonight.  They're great for if your feet are feeling huge or sore.

It's a cruise to Scandinavia & Russia.  Calling at Copenhagen, Talinn, St Petersburg, Stockholm, Helsinki & somewhere in northern Germany whose name escapes me at the moment, possibly Rostock.

06/06/2012 at 18:53

Your feet could never be huge, TP - they are teeny tiny!

Cruise sounds wonderful. St Petersburg is supposed to be an incredibly beautiful place, I think.

06/06/2012 at 21:09

Birkenstocks added to the pile along with the D&G mules I bought in that dress agency place in Oxted.  The black sandals & flowery espadrilles have been evicted.

It's St Petersburg that was the big attraction for me.  We've booked organised tours to see the major sights in the 2 days we're there. I am packing some compeed as it looks like a lot of walking.

11/06/2012 at 08:26

How many more sleeps TP?

I hope this Bar does breakfasts too.

11/06/2012 at 08:37
I was just thinking that this time next week we'll be at the airport

Brealfast is self service, there are croissants in the bread bin and coffee perking. I need to head off to the thing that pays for the holidays.
11/06/2012 at 08:40

"We'll" read "you'll"

Hmm I didn't think there'd be much morning service in here. I suspect I'll have to speak to the Manager about getting something started. Have a good day at that thing wot pays for holidays

11/06/2012 at 09:18

<licks penci, flips open notepadl and awaits breakfast orders>

11/06/2012 at 09:22

I self-served. There's still some tea if you want

11/06/2012 at 10:41

Is it still hot? I think I'll make some fresh

11/06/2012 at 10:56

You know how I like mine .... weak but hot .... just like my men

11/06/2012 at 11:35

Ooh err, missus!

No point hanging washing out today <sigh>.

11/06/2012 at 11:40

is it too early for gin and a sleep?

11/06/2012 at 11:41

Not in this pub!

<plumps up cushions on pub sofa and places gin on coffee table>

11/06/2012 at 11:42

Thank you ST - you might want to stick some tissues there too to mop up the tears...or just wear a poncho, can't stop crying at the moment.

11/06/2012 at 12:06

I can offer a barmaidenly shoulder to cry on, if it helps? Sorry you are down in the dumps - can we help?

11/06/2012 at 12:09

The shoulder is always a good offer. Thanks ST - this has been a long time coming, ended my 4.5 year relationship last night. She's my best mate and we knew it was coming but it's never easy. Feeling very lost now...

11/06/2012 at 12:12

Oh, that's sad.....will it be too difficult to stay friends, or is it a clean break in all respects? You've invested a lot of time in the relationship, so do give yourself time to grieve.

<passes tissues and gives big squeezy hug>

11/06/2012 at 12:17

no...we are staying friends. we were friends before the relationship and we have too much together to not be friends, might take a while though. We co own a cat and he is awesome, we have so many friends together too. Just want it to go back to when it was good and we were happy as a couple. But I need my friend more. And there we go...floodgates again

122,221 to 122,240 of 122,327 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.