The Runner's Arms. (Forum pub.)

What are you all drinking?

122,221 to 122,240 of 122,521 messages
31/01/2012 at 23:35
That was Mrs P - no driving licence but she loved her motorsport - went to Spain and Czech republic with the outlaws to watch racing
31/01/2012 at 23:37
the open prisons are a laugh though - had one punter who used to go to a hotel in his lunchbreaks from work for (ahem) conjugal purposes with his Mrs before arriving back home to the establishment for the evening
31/01/2012 at 23:40
afraid the motorsport bug is with me now - was dating the other day and it was all going ok if a little dull - she then said that her real passion was ice speedway (super-mad racing on ice with bikes with spikes on the wheels - big with scandiwegians poles and krauts) - i was sold
01/02/2012 at 23:49
i drink alone
02/02/2012 at 17:40

<gets drink ready for Mr Shed to have later>

Busy day today - power walking group this morning, during which I did a bit of running (yay!), home to shower and change, then off to hospital to see speech therapist, then some food shopping, then home finally at about four pm. Zumba later this evening, after cooking and serving dinner.

For any hungry pub customers, tonight's menu is chicken and chorizo stew.

02/02/2012 at 17:48
Mr Shed - I used to be a big speedway fan & remember well the ice version.  Those guys were crazy!
02/02/2012 at 17:49

Hey, poopmeister!!

<mwah>

02/02/2012 at 18:18

ST!!

My wings need de-icing and my under carriage is frozen.  The buns are solid too. 

02/02/2012 at 21:29
Alas my buns aren't solid enough hence the bursitis in my hip.  Buns of steel are needed and all I've got are a couple of mouldy rolls
02/02/2012 at 22:05

Is that painful, TP? I know people get it behind the knee (I think!) but I didn't realise you could get it in your hip - doesn't sound good How long will it take to get better?

I went out with the local power walking group this morning and we did a bit of running as part of it, so I built in just a little bit more than the group leader planned It felt good! Went to zumba this evening with LD and her friend, so I've made up for my lack of exercise yesterday (and my massive dinner this evening!).

02/02/2012 at 22:11

It is quite sore at times ST though it's more uncomfortable really.  Not sure how long but I'll stick in with the exercises and see how it goes.  Physio has told me to leave off any running for another fornight to give the inflamation a chance to ease.

Power walking sounds good and I'd love to try zumba.  There's a class in the village on a Monday and I really should make the effort.

02/02/2012 at 22:16

Do you need anti-inflammatories? (that sounds as if I'm offering some to you! I'm not dealing, honest!).

Power walking was lovely in the crisp, cold sunshine this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed the running part. You would love zumba - LD's friend is pretty unco-ordinated, so I didn't feel so bad getting things wrong.

I am having lunch tomorrow at my friend Agnes's house - she went to Do School in Glasgow (aka the College of Food Technology) so she is a superb cook. I will be stuffing my little hamster cheeks

02/02/2012 at 22:30

Well you need feeding up so 'stick in until you stick oot' as they say

I have started taking anti-inflamatories and I'll see if I can get some acupunture too.

02/02/2012 at 22:37

I need to start being careful what I eat now, as I am definitely filling out and I rather like being a bit slimmer, to be honest. There's a balance to be struck. I am making lots of thick vegetable soup (there are plenty of thick vegetables around!) and casseroles, stews etc, so what I am eating is wholesome and preservative/additive-free, but it does tend to be stodgy food in the winter, doesn't it?

Hope your a/i and acupuncture work for you - and quickly!

02/02/2012 at 22:41
I've got a bet going with S that I can lose 10% of my bodyweight before out cruise whilst he does the same.  That means a 7.5 kg loss for me.  I think it's do-able if I try. You're right about the stodge in winter though, I make soup most weekends for lunch the following week, salad just doesn't do the job in winter.
02/02/2012 at 22:46

You'll manage that easily. Did giving up alcohol for January make a difference? It's always a bit of a surprise when you realise the calories in a glass of wine!

Winter demands proper food, just to keep warm! I made chicken and chorizo stew tonight, with potatoes cooked in the stew. It was rather yummy, even if I say so myself.....

<buffs nails>

02/02/2012 at 22:50

I did give it up with only a step off for Mummy Pink's 70th and the last Friday when S was here and we had a couple of glasses of SB.  I am only drinking one night a week in Feb - it's tonight  but I haven't really seen much weight loss as I have had a real chocklit craving.  Now all the Christmas stuff is eaten I will buy no more of it.

12/02/2012 at 16:02
afternoon all.
Foxy big hug was well received thanks..
Mwah Sweetest
Mwah TP
12/02/2012 at 16:47
Lovely to see you too Tiptoes and RE. TT you are a better running partner than I but I am so chuffed about today!!

Longest run ever, 10m PB and a great run over the 20m (3.01). Nice looking race splits. Hope I can walk tomorrow, flipping Mich is already fully booked

Lovely race btw, all credit to RRR!!! Slightly chaotic at start but such a nice course and I HATE lapped races, but with that length it didn't seem to matter.

Please could Mr Tennant be released from the cupboard and sent round to massage my tired limbs.....
Edited: 12/02/2012 at 16:47
12/02/2012 at 18:54
Foxy its not always about the length.................
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.