The scariest movie ever made?

41 to 49 of 49 messages
09/03/2012 at 15:42

When I first saw The Shining, I slept with the light on for a month!  I'm much less easily scared now but don't like watching scary films on my own.  Most of my friends don't like horror, so I don't really get to see anything much.  Tried to see The Ring (Japanese) at a local arthouse cinema when it was out but it was full and we couldn't get in.

The series True Blood has a few jumpy bits in it and IMO it's a good-quality vampire yarn.

10/03/2012 at 11:47
the series American Horror Story is perhaps one of the most disturbing things I have seen on tv - especially the first few episodes. It tailed off towards the end, but still a disturbing series. I loved it though!
13/03/2012 at 12:18

Ringu - yes.

Quatermass and the Pit - from my childhood - kinda black and white that gets shown on old movie channels. Still can't bring myself to watch it.

13/03/2012 at 13:36

+1 for the original Japanese Ring - my jaw literally dropped at the scary moment

It took me ages to work up the courage to see the Shining as the book terrified me and although it wasn't quite as bad it was still scary.

But the film that scared me the most was Nightmare on Elm Street when I was 19.  I had to sleep with the lights on for a month! I'm sure if I saw it again it probably wouldn't be that scary but maybe it would...

13/03/2012 at 19:10

I watched The Vanishing when I was in the middle of my finals, and already quite highly strung.  I didn't know about it, it just seemed like an interesting little romantic yarn.  The ending was so horrifying it bothered me for months afterwards.

I understand there's an American remake with a different ending, which sounds a bit like changing the ending of Titanic where the ship doesn't sink.

13/03/2012 at 20:06
I've never seen the Human centipede, only heard of it. Was it released in British cinemas?
13/03/2012 at 20:21

Rickster it was shown on Syfy the other week...weird is the onyl word for it.

For me, Silent Hill..never expected the ending.

Good Koren horror R-Point...Had to watch it twice to make sure the thing i saw actually happend as its so well made.

13/03/2012 at 20:22
Ooh yes, the Vanishing. It seems so tame up until the last few minutes
Tommygun2    pirate
13/03/2012 at 20:29

The excorcist

scarred the begebus out of me when I sneeked in to see it when I was 16, had to sleep with lights on for weeks.

Don't watch many scary movies now as I like my sleep and my sanity.

Blood and guts don't bother me too much but the paranrnormal,unknown, physcological stuff I realy don't like...so I don't whatch it much 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 49 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.