The Sevens Wonder of The World List

So where is Grenada on the list?

1 to 20 of 34 messages
04/02/2014 at 14:58
I Googled The Seven Wonders of The World.

The Original Seven Wonders of the World

The Colossus of Rhodes

The Great Pyramid of Giza

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon

The Lighthouse of Alexandria

The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus

The Statue of Zeus at Olympia

The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus

The Seven Wonders of the Modern World

Channel Tunnel

CN Tower

Empire State Building

Golden Gate Bridge

Itaipu Dam

Netherlands North Sea Protection Works

Panama Canal

Natural Wonders of the World

In 1997, CNN announced a listing of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World...

Grand Canyon

The Great Barrier Reef

The Harbor at Rio de Janeiro

Mt. Everest

Northern Lights

Paricutin Volcano

Victoria Falls

The "New" Seven Wonders of the World

On July 7, 2007 (7-7-07) an organization announced a "new" set of the Seven Wonders of the World based on online voting from around the world...

Chichen Itza, Mexico - Mayan City Christ

Redeemer, Brazil - Large Statue

The Great Wall, China

Machu Picchu, Peru

Petra, Jordan - Ancient City

The Roman Colosseum, Italy

The Taj Mahal, India

04/02/2014 at 15:02

Is this list correct or up to date?

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
04/02/2014 at 15:09

You might just have put "Where's Grenada"....

I doubt very people know, and even less care

Edited: 04/02/2014 at 15:09
Pudge    pirate
04/02/2014 at 15:09

What the hell are you on about now?

I google things of interest quite frequently.  However, I don't feel the need to publicise my findings each and every sodding time I do it.

Haven't you got an immunisation program you need to petition the WHO about or something?

04/02/2014 at 15:14

12 Years A Slave wrote (see)

Is this list correct or up to date?

Yes it is. 

If you are taking about the natural wonders of the world we are talking "spectacular" rather than merely "pretty" and those on the list fit the bill.

And doubtless there are other beautiful places in the world besides Grenada which I doubt you've been to so can't possibly judge.

Edited: 04/02/2014 at 15:16
04/02/2014 at 15:25

I am surprised Bromley hasn't made the list.

04/02/2014 at 15:27

The Channel Tunnel - you got to be kidding me

Also  Bromley did not make list

Do not forget it's Grenada 40th  independence  Day on Friday 7th February 2014

http://www.flickr.com/photos/caribbeanphotoarchive/7164575442/

Can someone watch this please and did the Idiot Commentator refer to those ladies as 'Niggers' I did not notice it before that clip was made 1940's.

Pudge    pirate
04/02/2014 at 15:30

I hadn't forgotten - it's marked in my calendar.

04/02/2014 at 15:33

Have you ever seen the film The Dambusters, 12? Guy Gibson had a dog he called 'N*****'. There's been some debate about whether to take that out of the film or be true to history. I must admit I don't know the answer to that one.

04/02/2014 at 15:39

Hey Pudge,

Add this to your Calendar Orpington 10k Sunday 14 June 2014

Orpington Road Runners are pleased to tell you about an exciting development to our popular, annual 10k event which will be held on 15th June 2014.

For the first time ever we have received permission for the complete 10k route to start, end and take place entirely in and around the beautiful High Elms Country Park in Farnborough, Kent.

Entrants can expect lots of beautiful scenery, plenty of parking, good on-site facilities, excellent marshalling from the friendly and encouraging members of ORR plus what we consider will be a challenging, hilly course through the woods and countryside.

We are still finalising arrangements but will write again soon with complete information including details of how to enter.

We look forward to welcoming you to what we think will be a great event.

ORR Race Committee

04/02/2014 at 15:43

Yeah, go on Pudge. And can you start another thread to let us know you've done it

04/02/2014 at 15:47

Sorry about!

The Channel Tunnel - you got to be kidding me

Also  Bromley did not make list

Do not forget it's Grenada 40th  independence  Day on Friday 7th February 2014

http://www.flickr.com/photos/caribbeanphotoarchive/7164575442/

Can someone watch this please and did the Idiot Commentator refer to those ladies as 'Niggers' I did not notice it before that clip was made 1940's.

I just complained I told tham that it was offensive and racist. 

(I should have added  the word rude)  I tasked them to remove the Nxxxxx word.

Pudge    pirate
04/02/2014 at 15:49

I don't get out of bed for less than a marathon, Karen.

04/02/2014 at 15:50

So you run half marathons in bed?

04/02/2014 at 15:59
Peter Collins wrote (see)

Have you ever seen the film The Dambusters, 12? Guy Gibson had a dog he called 'N*****'. There's been some debate about whether to take that out of the film or be true to history. I must admit I don't know the answer to that one.

Interesting you should say that. Both cut and uncut versions continue to be shown.

They are supposedly doing a remake (although it seems to be a long time coming) and the dog's name has been the subject of much discussion. Apparently Guy Gibson was the source of the ideal solution. He sometimes called the dog "Nigsy" so that's what they've decided to use - historically accurate without being insulting.

04/02/2014 at 16:00

Folks sorry about the silly spelling mistakes but I trying to avoid wearing my specs

Pudge,

I do apologies to you, your  RH.

04/02/2014 at 16:01

Of course, if you're worried about the 'N' word, I wouldn't watch 12 Years a Slave if I were you!

04/02/2014 at 16:03

Folks sorry about the silly spelling mistakes but I trying to avoid wearing my specs

Pudge,

I do apologies to you, your  RH.

Vanity , thy name is Karen 

Edited: 04/02/2014 at 16:04
04/02/2014 at 16:03

I know where Grenada is.  I know someone who lives there (for part of the year) and almost went on holiday there a few years ago.  (Got pregnant so couldn't fly at the time we planned to go).

It does look very pretty.

04/02/2014 at 16:05
Screamapillar wrote (see)

He sometimes called the dog "Nigsy" so that's what they've decided to use - historically accurate without being insulting.

I'll try it out on my black colleagues.

1 to 20 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.