The thing about talking off topic is...

1 to 20 of 24 messages
kittenkat    pirate
03/03/2013 at 15:30

I know some people wonder why some people chat about non running things on a running forum. And I thought about this on my run today (see what I did there?).

For me it's because I actually like to chat to runners because they tend to be a certain type of person. Hence that's why talking off topic in a running forum works for me. It's like at work, stuff we talk about in the office is on topic, stuff we talk about at lunch has nothing to do with work.

Same difference.

It is really really important to the continuation of the planet, that I posted this today, in here, right now.

03/03/2013 at 15:37

Agreed kk.  I have absolutely nothing in common with the people I work with other than that the same person pays our wages.  I couldn't have half the conversations I have here in the work place as nobody else would get it at all.  The other half of the conversations I couldn't have as they would be seen as offensive or bullying in some way and HR wouldn't be happy.  You don't get that here.

kittenkat    pirate
03/03/2013 at 15:41

Actually I do have a lot of running conversations in down time in work as 2 of the guys I work with are L3 athletics coaches.

03/03/2013 at 15:42

Don't tell the Jehovah's Witnesses, once you can show you're the only thing between them and Armageddon, they'll be camped outside your house.

kittenkat    pirate
03/03/2013 at 15:45

I would have to be really bored to have any conversation with them!

It could happen, I had a very strange conversation with some cold caller on the phone once when he asked me if I wanted the chance to win a sports car and I said no.

03/03/2013 at 15:53

Some of the more interesting people occassionally as whether I have swum at the weekend, but then switch off if I say any more than yes or no.

03/03/2013 at 15:54

I see no reason why every conversation has to be about running. Just because it's a running forum doesn't mean that every other aspect of life ceases to exist. 

03/03/2013 at 15:57

Just like I can get the race commentator to talk about cheese at running events

03/03/2013 at 16:03

Well, you do like cheese

kittenkat    pirate
03/03/2013 at 16:06

kittenkat    pirate
03/03/2013 at 16:07

You wouldn't like Stinking Bishop cheese, it tastes like semen.

03/03/2013 at 16:20

*looks innocent* I  wouldn't know kk

kittenkat    pirate
03/03/2013 at 16:21

I know, it's not a very well known cheese, you can only get it in a few places.

03/03/2013 at 16:48
SuperCaz wrote (see)

The other half of the conversations I couldn't have as they would be seen as offensive or bullying in some way ....  You don't get that here.

There seem to be some very sensitive souls on here lately who complained more than once to RW Towers over a thread that I REALLY could not see was offensive.

Personally, I find the off topic conversations often interesting (some, anyway), and the forum would be very dull without them.

I like Stinking Bishop, btw - it does not taste like semen.  Although I understand that the flavour of semen changes depending on what the, er, donor has been eating.

kittenkat    pirate
03/03/2013 at 16:51
Wilkie wrote (see)
SuperCaz wrote (see)

The other half of the conversations I couldn't have as they would be seen as offensive or bullying in some way ....  You don't get that here.

There seem to be some very sensitive souls on here lately who complained more than once to RW Towers over a thread that I REALLY could not see was offensive.

Personally, I find the off topic conversations often interesting (some, anyway), and the forum would be very dull without them.

I like Stinking Bishop, btw - it does not taste like semen.  Although I understand that the flavour of semen changes depending on what the, er, donor has been eating.

Ewwww, I have a husband with a Stinking Bishop fetish, Catholic much?

03/03/2013 at 17:17

It think we've learned why KK thinks Stinking Bishop tastes like semen 

(waits for Katie RW to come on and warn us about complaints.... Oh, they don't work weekends, do they? )

03/03/2013 at 17:31

Wilkie, I was being tongue in cheek.

03/03/2013 at 18:11

Ripe Brie smells like semen.

03/03/2013 at 18:12

Oh, 

(that was to Caz!)

Edited: 03/03/2013 at 18:15
03/03/2013 at 19:12

There was an actual scientific experiment once where subjects were given a substance to smell and asked to rate how pleasant or otherwise they found it. When told it was cheese they all liked it, when told it was faeces they thought it was disgusting (same stuff). It seems the actual smells are easily confusable and the response is all about context.

Sorry that was a bit off-topic because not about semen.

1 to 20 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.