The trekking holiday

1 message
06/10/2011 at 12:20

Hello fellow runners,

I just could not help posting this about a little holiday i just had in the Scottish Highlands, walking/hiking.

I suppose this can make you laugh as i think is quite funny,

Before i went i though i was fit, because i run.

I was under the impression that my legs would be used to exercise and would not get tired of trekking all day............................well, i was wrong!

As i discovered, being a runner does not mean you get an easy time if you go hikking in the mountains. It was very hard!!!

After this I have the most respect for country walkers and I won't underestimate the effort it takes to walk uphill to mountains.

On the whole it was a good experience and i intend to do it again, but i just though it was funny the way i was there, my legs hurting, out of breath.....................when normally i run long runs in my town.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.