The Wanna Blista Social Club.

34,001 to 34,020 of 40,147 messages
17/09/2012 at 11:52

TB - LP record is 29:12, so your time of 46:21 is well outside of +50% - maybe it's just your maths that's declining

17/09/2012 at 13:16

DTS-mistakenly, -i was looking at the winning time that year not the reord time, anyway there's always an exception and Ricky Wilde was a British track international when he set that record, think it's the oldest in the calendar, even our very own Steve Vernon failed to break the record a year or two back, there's always next year for me.

17/09/2012 at 16:45

Had an enjoyable weekend up at GNR. A mate completed his first ever race in just under 2:15 and was quite chuffed.

My plan to support went slightly awry as the journey from the start to South Shields on the Metro took longer than expected so when I arrived at the finish area PPP had just crossed the line. Sorry !  Did then manage to get a good vantage point about 400m from the finish and saw Steve Shaughnessy go through (tall American chap who goes down the track) and also saw Jayne Lawton finish in a cracking time, then WITGB, Carole Barnes and a couple of Harriers inbetween that I don't really know.

Large Metro and Ferry queues delayed the journey back to the hotel so had to stop for 'refreshments' several times.

Also discovered this weekend that paying £25 for a hotel room in Whitley Bay does not necessarily guarantee you cold water in the basin, or a plug, or a mirror. Neither can you expect BBC1 or 2 on your TV and if your room has a club underneath it much sleep either !

17/09/2012 at 18:07

Belated and shorthand LP report - Good to see J'O beforehand, wrong shoes for the climb on tarmac, stuck behind/happy to sit behind someone on the narrow sections, pushed too hard on the final climbs, couldn't get the feeling back in my legs for the descent until the road crossing and then put my hand into cows**t falling over on the muddy gulley before the finish

A minute slower than last year.

Surprised we didn't stumble across you Jane as we managed to get lost also and drive around New Mills at least 3 times trying to find where all the arts events were happening. Recce'ing runs is so much more fun than recce'ing days out

18/09/2012 at 08:49

Steve Shaughnessy was first V55 - not far behind PPP and arguably the SHAC result of the day.  By coincidence another Bramhall regular Rob Currie (U/A) was 2nd V55.  We might have to get the bunting out on Saturday.

18/09/2012 at 08:55

RB-no, Steve doesn't want a Wilmslow vest either before you mention it , not sure what's happened to PPP, maybe he's had his hair cut like Samson.

18/09/2012 at 12:59

Another ECG in the morning at Stepping Hill, then off to the vets in Cheadle Hulme to pick up poor Dougie, he's having an operation today, damaged cruciate ligaments.

8 miles tonight with 8 x 100m strides, don't you just love tapering.

18/09/2012 at 13:59

Jonah8--Is Dougie out for the rest of the season? 

Well done all racers this weekend! 

18/09/2012 at 14:17

J8-is he insured?

18/09/2012 at 14:21

J8, it's better than being injured, in my 4th week, just glad I didn't enter Liverpool.

Been to docs now just awaiting xray appointment.

Well done PPP, Daz and MTBB.

18/09/2012 at 15:28

GBM- Dougie is definatley out for the rest of the season, while they are at it, they are going to take the plate and pins out of his leg too.

TB- Yes he's insured, total at the moment just shy of £3000

SARQ- Noticed on Fetch you wasn't doing much, know how you feel we a bad back, it's horrendous.

18/09/2012 at 16:07

SARQ, you don't need an appointment do you?  Doctor just gives you a letter and you turn up.  That's how it worked for my toe x-ray a few weeks ago (maybe backs are different?). I must say that I am taking Glucosamine and my toe is feeling much better. Coincidence, placebo effect I don't know?

18/09/2012 at 17:29

BHB-i take Glucosamine every day, helps with the knees, in fact i need all the help i can get.

SARQ- i know quite a few cyclists who do long mileage suffering with back pain and they don't even run.

Mort-i was inspired this morning in the gym, there's Diane on the treadmill

J8-good luck tomorrow.

18/09/2012 at 18:27

BHB, for lumbar back pain, the doctor has to fax my details over and they contact me, which is a pain, as I would want to know when the appointment is quickly.

TB. The physio mentioned it's the increased marathon mileage probably caused it, because it started to be painfull in Early April, don't suppose cycling has helped though.

At least my achilees has had time to recover more.

Edited: 19/09/2012 at 09:35
19/09/2012 at 13:29

Been discharged by Stepping Hill, large left ventricle but nothing to worry about,normal for a runner.

FOAR- I'm in   have a look on the Boston website, details on there.

Track tomorrow night 3 x 1600 if anyone wants to join me.

19/09/2012 at 13:39
SARQ- bad news, sorry. Are you managing to cross train at all?

J8- good news all round!
19/09/2012 at 13:44

PPP, cycling aggravates my back, swimming puts a strain on it too, running affects my achilees and back.

So I'm putting on weight rather quickly.

19/09/2012 at 17:44

J8-good news

SARQ-not so good news, i couldn't run for 4 months then did re-hab. for 12 months, put on a stone in weight, but thankfully through managing the conditions, i'm nearly back to where i was 2 years ago, are you able to walk without pain, if so do this and it'll minimise the loss of fitness.

19/09/2012 at 17:48

DAZ-useless piece of info. but i was talking to a running friend of R. Wilde today, apparently, around the time of LP, RW had broken the world 3000metre indoor record, this is what we're up against.

19/09/2012 at 18:05

TB - I refer you to my post near the bottom of page 1696
surely you're not being selective about which posts you read/respond to?
(oh, and he set the 3k record in 1970, 7 years before LP)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.