The Wanna Blista Social Club.

34,261 to 34,280 of 40,372 messages
08/10/2012 at 14:54
Bob - good to meet you, apologies that in my knackered state I didn't really clock how fast you had run, so belated congrats. Apart from those hills at the end the course is faster than it looks on paper, and the weather conditions were spot on.

PPP - cheers, a very small PB of 20sec, however they all count. I had gone to bed at 0315 and felt wretched in the morning. Under the circs I had no idea I could do 81min on that course, probably could have pushed it a bit more. Must try harder next time.

Congrats and commiserations as appropriate for those who were at Chester.
08/10/2012 at 15:52

DTS - that is tragic and only a week after Ray Eagle.

JMC - you should get your lad doing XC!

Burnage parkrun is indeed in Heaton Mersey using the mersey paths - near Parrswood too.  It is relatively flat but has a surprise short flight of steps and a couple of squeeze gates.  BHB might like the look of the V50 record http://www.parkrun.org.uk/burnage/results/agecategoryrecords ;)

08/10/2012 at 15:58

Likewise, Poacher hope to see you at the XC too.  Achievements far more dubious than a full 20 second PB have been well celebrated on this thread.  I think that the hills at the start of Congo are the more tricky to get right. 

PPP are you going to race at all in your V45 category?

08/10/2012 at 16:06

RB, Ahh, Ni has actually done it, 17.24 shows how slow it is.

08/10/2012 at 16:11

You might have rumbled his only other below par race?

This guy runs everywhere so you can compare

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/athleteresultshistory?athleteNumber=22706

Seems to confirm that NI was just rubbish that day.

08/10/2012 at 18:09
I did Burnage parkrun as a training run. I ran 7 miles @ marathon pace which I finished just before the parkrun started. Then I did the parkrun @ marathon pace also to make it just over 10 miles. It's flat but there's a few tight bends and you go up the set of steps twice. Also, it's all off-road and was quite muddy when I ran it.

Daz - that's terrible news. Did you know him?
08/10/2012 at 22:18
The old "as part of a training run" excuse comes back.
08/10/2012 at 23:12
I have done burnage a few times but have only once ran the correct course. I like it cos I can get up at 8am, run there usually win the race and run back before 9:45. I'd say about on a par with woodbank. Bit undulating but quite muddy, tight turns and styles to negotiate as well as slippy steps.
09/10/2012 at 01:54

I didn't really know DazH as such, only exchanged the odd word in a group containing mutual acquaintances, but you could tell he was a sound bloke

I defy anybody to read through this without crying:

http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?18225-Darren-Holloway-%28Pennine%29

09/10/2012 at 09:35
RB - yes
09/10/2012 at 11:22

SW- you were running strong last night, then i noticed, you'd missed out one of the reps. How's the nupitals going?

09/10/2012 at 11:43

Good result eric good result, did you miss the trip to see the st johns ambulnce.

Well done to all the others BB, RB DAZ some good runs.

NI hard luck, hope you recover quickly.

I was not going to run in the week before due to calf problem, still dont know what?  Tried on the day with the intention of just starting and trying as feeling easier but knew when I set off that it was tightening up by 1 half miles knee was beinging to ache so dropped out.  First DNF .

09/10/2012 at 13:40

all the great people DNF and DNS....can sometimes be the hardest thing to do

NI - belated commiserations at Chester, I was gutted for you when I saw the updates on FB..sounds like you are taking it in your stride and that there is no long term damage, which is good news

I am being sensible and NOT entering liverpool this weekend. Hugely looking forward to Ennerdale the following weekend though

09/10/2012 at 15:12

Clairster-is that Liverpool, full stop or is there a race, what's the Ennerdale event.

09/10/2012 at 17:45

Four Villages have just sent me free elite entry - maybe they have me mixed up with NI .

Pity I entered it last week.

Following Clairsters example I won't be entering Liverpool for a while either.  Or Stockport for that matter.

09/10/2012 at 18:19

RB-i think that was meant for me but i've also entered, er, have you entered as a SH or Wilmslow? i 've noticed there's quite a few old gits from Wilmslow entered as V60's.

Are you saying Liverpool and Stockport are bad places?

09/10/2012 at 18:22

haha! its liverpool marathon this weekend. Ennerdale 50k is the following weekend, 2 laps round, erm, ennerdale beats 50miles round rotherham (yawn!!)

09/10/2012 at 20:53
RB. I'll have the free entry from you if you want to get rid of it. I'd put a cheeky smiley face at this point but can't on my mobile.

Could be my first v50 race and a showdown with J8 if we both run. J8 you should run the Stockport 10 this year. I'm away that weekend so no competition from me. But I think it might clash with the derby at Etihad.
09/10/2012 at 22:39

Clairster- there's another Ennerdale race which goes over the hills.

10/10/2012 at 05:33

ahha..yes TB, I am not super had core though

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.