The Wanna Blista Social Club.

34,301 to 34,320 of 40,265 messages
10/10/2012 at 17:49

Here is a link to a new recording by WBSC's favourite band, Write Van Men: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwSpAK16g1w

10/10/2012 at 18:57

Are you at Woodbank on Saturday TST ? We can try to arrange a suitable meeting point that doesn't require a 20 mile ride just to meet up. 

Edited: 10/10/2012 at 18:57
10/10/2012 at 19:00
MTBB - thanks, I have emailed the organisers. Will let you know what they say. Are you injured?
10/10/2012 at 20:07

Puma Stockport 10 - just under 700 entries now so it should hopefully be full in the next 2 to 3 weeks.  If you're planning on running then get in quick.  If any of you use social media sites it would be great if you could put reminders on there for people!  Thanks.

10/10/2012 at 20:43

PPP - 3 weeks so far . It's getting very crowded on the wanna blista injury step.

10/10/2012 at 23:08

TST-welcome back-er, are you injured?

SW-the Travellers 6 looks interesting, does it fill up, as i can't really plan any races at the moment but would like to enter one or two on the day, i can see it's a road race, any hills?

11/10/2012 at 08:23

TB - there are usually a few entries on the day, but it is quite a popular race as it is near Christmas and you get free food afterwards.

Lots of hills - definately not a pb course but it is fun race with friendly natives.

11/10/2012 at 08:31

Start Fitness have got Asics DS Trainers at £69.95 til lunch time plus extra 10% with code RW10.

Good racing shoe if you need some support - plus ladies version is lovely purple and pink.

11/10/2012 at 09:30

SW-you could buy a pair of Pink one's for Tom as a Xmas present

Clairster-the Ennerdale trail race looks good, i think it's full, when do you tend to apply for these races and where e.g LDWA?  If i can avoid injury and my back holds out, i'm trying to build a bit of fitness for next year, although my aim is still to look at the very short stuff.

What's happening with the XC, in case i get do one or two, who do you contact/pay etc.

11/10/2012 at 10:03
TB - Kevan Garner is the XC Manager. Contact details on SHAC website.
11/10/2012 at 10:51

DazH's family have requested that any donations be made to Woodhead Mountain Rescue and North West Air Ambulance:

http://www.justgiving.com/teams/dazh/

there's been a tremendous response already

Edited: 11/10/2012 at 13:40
11/10/2012 at 16:33
I've just submitted the teams for the National XC relays in Mansfield on Saturday 3rd November. PPP, BT, JMC, SARQ, BB - I took the liberty of putting your names down as you all do XC and / or relays for the club. The deadline is tomorrow and I just entered everyone I could think of. Don't worry if you can't run though - the list is pretty big and all the big guns are sure to be running after what happened there last year!
11/10/2012 at 16:47

Ni, no problem as I've just given my name for the Xcountry to Kev too.

I'm pretty rubbish at the moment due to lack of training, but it's only the difference of coming 123rd or 198th. Or for the nationals more like 334th or 403rd.

12/10/2012 at 08:42

SARQ - You'll do well to get in the top 500 at the Nationals.

NI - Am likely to be going to XC relays with daughter so will bring my stuff, we could always have a B team.

12/10/2012 at 08:55

SARQ I was 299th at the nationals last year and it didn't feel like a bad run..

The mini-Bobs will be running so I'll see some of you in Mansfield.

12/10/2012 at 12:06

TB - I forgot to apply and then got in through a friend of a friend I just hear of these things from various people and then apply. The SIentrieswebsite is good for listing races etc

12/10/2012 at 12:07
NI - cheers, hope the injury is OK.

Sarq - we should have a decent vets team, in fact I think we should try and do some vet road relays next year, is anyone interested? If so, I could look into it.

MTBB - Malcolm Fowler replied to the email. he said that when you get the race pack, you could email him and give them my details and he will transfer it. I reckon I should give it a go as an interim focus, my training is severely lacking structure ATM. If you PM your details I will send you a cheque, or I can pick up the number form the track,. Anyway, let me know what you want to do, thanks!

RB - were you aiming for a top 300 finish?
12/10/2012 at 13:10

If anyone needs some structure to their training....

York Half Marathon entries open at 7am on Sat 20th Oct. One of the fastest halves around if you don't get a howling gale.

http://www.yorkknavesmireharriers.co.uk/brassmonkey.htm

12/10/2012 at 13:20

RB, ha! That's rubbish. Seriously even Ni finished way down the field in around 140th and had a really good run. Top 400 then, would be pretty respectable.

JMC, it's overated. It's pis**s me off that the entries goes so fast, that's why 4 villages is better and closer.

PPP, I need to have some more training in me to be classed as part of a decent vets team but I'm interested.

12/10/2012 at 13:50
JMC- it does seem a long way to go when 4 vills is up the road?

SARQ BHB BB? (not sure where you live) - Anyone round my neck of the woods up for an early ish, say 8:00 am 15/16 miles (2 hrs) sunday AM. I am really struggling to motivate myself for long runs ATM so would appreciate the company. probably take a flat route into manchester/stretford and the chorlton cycle path.

need to be back for the boy's rugby, hence the need to get out early doors.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.