The Wanna Blista Social Club.

34,301 to 34,320 of 40,615 messages
11/10/2012 at 16:33
I've just submitted the teams for the National XC relays in Mansfield on Saturday 3rd November. PPP, BT, JMC, SARQ, BB - I took the liberty of putting your names down as you all do XC and / or relays for the club. The deadline is tomorrow and I just entered everyone I could think of. Don't worry if you can't run though - the list is pretty big and all the big guns are sure to be running after what happened there last year!
11/10/2012 at 16:47

Ni, no problem as I've just given my name for the Xcountry to Kev too.

I'm pretty rubbish at the moment due to lack of training, but it's only the difference of coming 123rd or 198th. Or for the nationals more like 334th or 403rd.

12/10/2012 at 08:42

SARQ - You'll do well to get in the top 500 at the Nationals.

NI - Am likely to be going to XC relays with daughter so will bring my stuff, we could always have a B team.

12/10/2012 at 08:55

SARQ I was 299th at the nationals last year and it didn't feel like a bad run..

The mini-Bobs will be running so I'll see some of you in Mansfield.

12/10/2012 at 12:06

TB - I forgot to apply and then got in through a friend of a friend I just hear of these things from various people and then apply. The SIentrieswebsite is good for listing races etc

12/10/2012 at 12:07
NI - cheers, hope the injury is OK.

Sarq - we should have a decent vets team, in fact I think we should try and do some vet road relays next year, is anyone interested? If so, I could look into it.

MTBB - Malcolm Fowler replied to the email. he said that when you get the race pack, you could email him and give them my details and he will transfer it. I reckon I should give it a go as an interim focus, my training is severely lacking structure ATM. If you PM your details I will send you a cheque, or I can pick up the number form the track,. Anyway, let me know what you want to do, thanks!

RB - were you aiming for a top 300 finish?
12/10/2012 at 13:10

If anyone needs some structure to their training....

York Half Marathon entries open at 7am on Sat 20th Oct. One of the fastest halves around if you don't get a howling gale.

http://www.yorkknavesmireharriers.co.uk/brassmonkey.htm

12/10/2012 at 13:20

RB, ha! That's rubbish. Seriously even Ni finished way down the field in around 140th and had a really good run. Top 400 then, would be pretty respectable.

JMC, it's overated. It's pis**s me off that the entries goes so fast, that's why 4 villages is better and closer.

PPP, I need to have some more training in me to be classed as part of a decent vets team but I'm interested.

12/10/2012 at 13:50
JMC- it does seem a long way to go when 4 vills is up the road?

SARQ BHB BB? (not sure where you live) - Anyone round my neck of the woods up for an early ish, say 8:00 am 15/16 miles (2 hrs) sunday AM. I am really struggling to motivate myself for long runs ATM so would appreciate the company. probably take a flat route into manchester/stretford and the chorlton cycle path.

need to be back for the boy's rugby, hence the need to get out early doors.
12/10/2012 at 14:03

JMC/Anyone--Sunday morning run. 13 miles on the MW. 9am at Rose Hill. Me and Foxy so far. All welcome. 

12/10/2012 at 14:09

Also!! We need to organise a night out for the 'Post Marathon Piss Up/Jonahs 50th/GBMs what went wrong this time discussion'. Saturday 3rd November has been mentioned but nothing set in stone. What time would everyone be back from Mansfield? 

12/10/2012 at 14:21
I was 149th in this year's National and thought I'd ran pretty well. You're up against all the best runners in the country (hence the name). The next one is in Sunderland on Feb 23rd. A top 100 finish there will be my next big target.

The Northerns are at Knowsley Safari Park on Jan 26th.

I didn't even make the end of my street this morning though (too soon). How do. people who get injured cope with it? I'm going a little stir-crazy already!
12/10/2012 at 14:37

Yes, you have to think that if your finishing 20th in the GM XC league then there are at least another 20 XC leagues out there and a lot of good runners go to the nationals'  Great experience though.

NI - can't you enter a race this weekend so that we can all beat you while you're rubbish.

12/10/2012 at 15:14

At the Nationals the challenge was for the mini-Bobs to top 100 and me to top 300.  I knew it was close but the mini-Bobs were killing themselves as I sprinted for the line.  NI was probably only 600m ahead of me at the finish but that is 150 places.

12/10/2012 at 15:18

NI - I think you were a probably a bit stir-crazy before the injury.

I find these useful distractions to running.

DIY, work, jobs for wife, jobs for kids, good telly, crap telly, cycling

I usually have no problem thinking of something else to do.

12/10/2012 at 15:43

Have entered 4-Villages as an alternative to York

GBM - wife away this weekend so will struggle to get a long run in due to kids

12/10/2012 at 15:58

RACE LIST 

Sun 14 Oct - Eindhoven Marathon - UB 
Sun 14 Oct - Liverpool Marathon - RC, 
Sat 20 Oct - Manchester Area XC - Heaton Park - NI, RB, JMC 
Sun 21 Oct - Amsterdam Marathon - GBM, WITGB 
Sun 21 Oct - Ennerdale 50K - clairster
Sun 21 Oct - Breidden Hills FR - Daz
Fri 26 Oct - Woolwich Foot bridge marathon - clairster 
Sat 27 Oct - Snowdonia Marathon - MH, GBM, FOAR 
Sun 04 Nov - Tatton Half Marathon - mtbb, Jane-O, BB, RB 
Sun 04 Nov - crewe deja vu track marathon part II - clairster 
Sun 04 Nov - Clwydian Hills FR - Daz 
Sat 10 Nov - Manchester Area XC - Sherdley Park - NI 
Sun 18 Nov - Preston 10M - Daz 
Sun 18 Nov - Conwy Half - RB 
Sun 18 Nov - Ultra26 Grizedale - clairster 
Sat 24 Nov - McCain Cross Challenge - Liverpool - NI 
Sun 25 Nov - Famous Grouse - Daz, Jane-O 
Sat 01 Dec - Manchester Area XC - Wythenshawe Park - NI 
Sat 08 Dec - Broad meadow mara day 1 - clairster 
Sun 09 Dec - Broad meadow mara day 2 - clairster 
Sun 09 Dec - Stockport 10 - RB, BB 
Sun 16 Dec - Travellers 6 - 
Sun 13 Jan - Trigger FR (Marsden to Edale) - Daz 
Sun 20 Jan - 4 Villages Half - GBM, ES, SARQ, Poacher, BB, PPP, BT, RC, Jonah8, JMC

12/10/2012 at 18:23

MTBB - i am in 'charge' at woodbank on Saturday, always good to have you there

12/10/2012 at 18:48

PPP - that's good. We'll sort out the details once the pack comes ; track, cheque or Burnage parkrun if you would rather do that one Saturday morning. I'll let you know when the number etc comes.

TST - I've got to have my quarterly haircut tomorrow morning so give me a decent marshalling position so I can get away quickly

12/10/2012 at 18:55
GBM - count me in for 3rd November. I suggest we have it in the centre of Stockport so no-one has much of a problem with transport.

JMC - don't have a wife or kids, useless at diy, don't particularly enjoy watching tv. Cycling is a possibility - I'm just trying to work out how much of the Bullock route is accessible by MTB. ??S??, estoy m??s loco!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.