The Wanna Blista Social Club.

34,341 to 34,360 of 40,614 messages
14/10/2012 at 13:28

I've tried texting RC but it won't send. Maybe he has a new phone number. I will see if any results are up. 

14/10/2012 at 13:33

2.50.42 for RC. As someone who has been doing long runs with RC, this is no surprise! He has been looking very strong and fast. 

RC--Well done, brilliant running!!!!!!!

14/10/2012 at 13:46

Erm, 2.51.19 now! Still good though! 

http://www.tdl.ltd.uk/race-results.php?event=1264

14/10/2012 at 13:52

Well done RC! Looks like it was good conditions for a second week on the run, hopefully it will be the same in Amsterdam next week.

14/10/2012 at 14:31

SARQ, I had better not say what we were talking about after you ducked out...GBM, we planned your marathon strategy for you, but don't want to publish it in case it is different to what you have already decided on.

RC, great run.  Looks like UB didn't run.

14/10/2012 at 14:53
Excellent result RC, he's pretty consistent, great running conditions today.

Bhb, Ducked out, I was on the limit at that point.
oh yes I forgot about GBMs marathon strategy we planned,
I,ve per written a race report for him on how well it went, as this is the year.
14/10/2012 at 15:54

BHB/SARQ--6.45 pace until mile 20 then depending on how i feel, kick for home or hang on for dear life.  

14/10/2012 at 15:56
RC - great running, well done! Everyone was saying you were looking in great shape and it seems they were right. What did you think of the course?

Jogged 2.5 miles and cycled 13 miles this morning with no ill effects although the hammy still feels a little tight. It seems to be improving slowly although I fear BHB will remain above me in the mileage charts for a while!
14/10/2012 at 16:48

SARQ-Eric for Prime Minister?, good to see you back running, it could have been worse, you could have had a real injury

Clairster-thanks for the info. i already receive a regular e-mail from Si entries and a few others plus go on the LDWA web site.

Did one of NI's progressive runs this morning on Longendale, started off at 20min. miling and worked down to 15mm, (not run properly for 10 weeks), i seemed to be in a trance, floating along, seeing Eric and J8 go sub 2.45 and GBM sub 3 and imagined doing 4 villages and passing a group of SH's-PPP, SARQ, Eric, JMC etc. then i tripped over and came back to reality, anyway, you can dream

RACE LIST 

Sat 20 Oct - Manchester Area XC - Heaton Park - NI, RB, JMC
Sun 21 Oct - Amsterdam Marathon - GBM, WITGB
Sun 21 Oct - Ennerdale 50K - clairster
Sun 21 Oct - Breidden Hills FR - Daz
Fri 26 Oct - Woolwich Foot bridge marathon - clairster
Sat 27 Oct - Snowdonia Marathon - MH, GBM, FOAR
Sun 04 Nov - Tatton Half Marathon - mtbb, Jane-O, BB, RB
Sun 04 Nov - crewe deja vu track marathon part II - clairster
Sun 04 Nov - Clwydian Hills FR - Daz
Sat 10 Nov - Manchester Area XC - Sherdley Park - NI
Sun 18 Nov - Preston 10M - Daz Sun 18 Nov - Conwy Half - RB
Sun 18 Nov - Ultra26 Grizedale - clairster
Sat 24 Nov - McCain Cross Challenge - Liverpool - NI
Sun 25 Nov - Famous Grouse - Daz, Jane-O
Sat 01 Dec - Manchester Area XC - Wythenshawe Park - NI
Sat 08 Dec - Broad meadow mara day 1 - clairster
Sun 09 Dec - Broad meadow mara day 2 - clairster
Sun 09 Dec - Stockport 10 - RB, BB
Sun 16 Dec - Travellers 6 -
Sun 13 Jan - Trigger FR (Marsden to Edale) - Daz
Sun 20 Jan - 4 Villages Half - GBM, ES, SARQ, Poacher, BB, PPP, BT, RC, Jonah8, JMC, FOAR, TB

It also looks like this may be the finishing order (or so) for 4 Villages

14/10/2012 at 16:49
Sarq, bhb - ditto your comments, thanks for the run.

Rc - superb, well run!
14/10/2012 at 18:15
Greetings from turkey

Rc. Well done great time sub 2.45 next for you

Only run 3 times here because its been that hot

Gbm. See you at track on Thursday
15/10/2012 at 08:41

Well done RC. Great improvement over the last few years. Just shows what can be achieved with a decent period of consistent injury free training. Take note GBM!

15/10/2012 at 09:53

MARATHON WEEK!!!!!!!

JMC--No need to take note, i'm part way through a long term plan. My aim after Amsterdam is, after a short recovery, to continue with the high mileage and to go quicker at VLM than i do this weekend. I've never done 70 mile weeks before and i've never done decent back to back marathon training plans before so i'm curious and excited about what i will be capable of by next April. Anyway, thats in the future and all that matters right now is Amsterdam. Come on!!!!! 

15/10/2012 at 10:25
GBM - I am sure you are fed up/bored/insulted/feel patronised by everyone giving you their pearls of "SUB 3" wisdom. However, I wont let that put me off!

Your target should be 2:55. Forget sub 3. Your half mara times and PB's suggest it is a soft target so try for 2:55. It is not the speed that is a problem. Sub 3 should be the least you can do. "A" target sub 2:55, "B" Target sub 3.

I am getting tempted to do Manchester instead of London...
15/10/2012 at 11:05

GBM-so no decorating this week or standing at the top of ladders BUT should you have a problem and can't make Amsterdam, i'm available to take your place at short notice

15/10/2012 at 11:31

Thanks for the well done comments.

Perfect conditions yesterday, so after a year of injury free training as JMC said I thought a good PB was a realistic target.

Set off  just quicker than my target pace of 6.30's and entered the tunnel at mile 12 with a 6.28 av. However Garmin's don't like tunnels and with my heart rate monitor playing up I didn't have much to go off, so just ran on perceived effort but passed half way on 1:25.

Good atmosphere and support on leaving the tunnel which is more than i can say for much of the route which was sparse. Mile 18 was a steady slog up towards Sefton park and after a loop of the park it was back towards the city with a nice down hill pass the 25 mile marker and a flat half mile or so to the finish.

Not the fastest marathon but still good Pb potential.

J8 - Have you been on the Raki?  2:49 next realistic target.

15/10/2012 at 13:03

PPP--I don't feel fed up/bored/insulted/feel patronised by everyones advice as i know you all mean well and i will just ignore you anyway!  My planned race pace throughout most of my training plan was 6.40 which would give me 2.55. This was because i was having major back problems and it was seizing up along with my glutes, hamstrings and slowing me down towards the end of long runs. So the plan was to have 4 or 5 mins in the bank for when that happened on race day. However my back suddenly got better about 6 or 7 weeks ago so i've tweaked my plan to 6.45 pace. I know that 6.40ish to 6.45ish is neither here nor there but i'm running an ultra cautious race and going a minute slower in the first half may make all the difference in the final stages. The reason for being ultra cautious is because this is my 6th sub 3 attempt and i see no point in running any quicker than i have to in the first 20 miles in case it all goes wrong again. I know that all my previous attempts have failed due to insufficient mileage/training and not because of poor pacing but i'm just being sensible.  If everything goes to plan, i have a brilliant run, feel ok at mile 20 then i will kick for home and maybe i might be able to squeeze a 2.55 something but we all know that marathons don't always go to plan so i could feel rubbish at mile 20 and be clinging on to do 2.59.59 or i could even fail completely. Another reason for being cautious (this isn't a case of getting in an excuse early or being negative or being mentally weak!) is that i've been trying to shake off a virus for a couple of weeks. Its not much of one but it is affecting me slightly when i run, snot, tight chest, coughing etc and i can be as positive as i like but its bound to have some effect on Sunday. But i'm hoping the effect it has is miniscule and that i'm currently in such good shape that i can run sub 3 even though i'm not quite feeling 100%.  Right now 2.55, 2.57 and 2.59 are all sub 3 to me and i will take any of them. Then onto VLM for an attempt at a fast/silly time! 

15/10/2012 at 13:19

RC, well done again, your targets are spot on. Even J8 always says knock 2-3 mins off each time, so he must be on some loopy juice.

GBM, you can't really do any more and you'll only not make it if your back goes, but I have good feelings this time (I was lying every other time). You know what they say 6th time lucky

15/10/2012 at 13:44
GBM - sounds like you know what you are doing. the only thing I can tell you about Amsterdam is that is very, very, very flat except a very small bridge over the Amstell river, just before half way. get over that and you have cracked it!
15/10/2012 at 15:49

GBM-should you be running with a slight virus? did i mention i could step in with very little notice , actually from our conversations, there are no reasons why you shouldn't go sub 3, just look out for those pesky bikes, if i don't see you beforehand, Good Luck.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.