The Wanna Blista Social Club.

34,381 to 34,400 of 40,480 messages
16/10/2012 at 13:36

mort - I am glad to hear that you now look like a proper runner
I will almost certainly be entering Village Bakery: so much better than 4 Villages

I have developed a touch of plantar fasciitis, which I am blaming on the unaccustomed number of flat tarmac miles I have done recently, training for Preston 10M

however, it didn't stop me taking yesterday off work and doing 9 hours out in the Lakes

Edited: 16/10/2012 at 13:38
16/10/2012 at 14:39

DTS-were you swimming?

16/10/2012 at 18:21
Wow, thank you so much to all those who have donated, your generosity and support is truly brilliant
16/10/2012 at 22:12

JS- Donated but my message didn't appear, please wish her all my best.

17/10/2012 at 07:33
J8 - Thank you. Ok, will do.
17/10/2012 at 08:32

I started feeling a bit rough yesterday afternoon, felt absolutely drained on a 5 miler yesterday evening,  felt really light-headed afterwards and still feel a bit rubbish this morning. I can't decide whether the virus has got a second wind or if i've picked up another one. But its only Weds morning and Sunday morning is ages away! Luton Marathon, 18th Nov! Hmmmmmm!  

Jonah8--I will see how i feel tomorrow and let you know whether i will be at the track. 

17/10/2012 at 09:02

GBM-give your body a rest, the next 3 days aren't going to make that much difference, as you'll be running at a set pace, you don't need to "sharpen up", you'll be there on the start line, you might feel a bit lethargic at the start but you'll be fine once you get into it, thank goodness, i got rid of that virus

17/10/2012 at 09:51

GBM - TB is right, whatever training you do this week will not have any bearing on Sunday.

I've got that paper coverall for you if you still want it.

17/10/2012 at 10:32

GBM - Banish those negative thoughts, YOU WILL BE FINE!

17/10/2012 at 11:43
GBM - serious question, have you had a massage!?
17/10/2012 at 11:57

GBM - Eat super healthily and get as much sleep as you can.

17/10/2012 at 13:46

JMC--I'm not being negative or suffering from taper madness, i'm just not feeling well. I'm remaining positive and hoping to be fit and well by Sunday. 

Jonah8--I will give tomorrow a miss then and rest until Sunday. Light stretching instead. Are you in this evening? I can call round for the boiler suit. 

PPP--Yes!

RC--I'm two weeks into a super healthy eating/going to bed early plan and i'm still ill. I'm now thinking about staying up all night and eating junk food. 

17/10/2012 at 13:58
GBM - the reason I ask is because I had a massage before I did Amsterdam (coincidentally) I have only had one of two, so this is very much anecdotal, but I am sure it made me feel weird and ill for a couple of days. I thought it was probably due to all the toxins it released. I know this probably sounds like codswallop! Anyway, I honestly felt rough right up to race day, but come the morning, I felt great and performed well.

Has anyone else had a similar reaction, I wonder?

it was a DB special and took well over an hour and I felt like I had gone 12 rounds with Marvelous Marvin Hagler.
17/10/2012 at 14:00

Good luck GBM, you wont need it just stick to the plan, be confident.

Good luck to all others racing this weekend.

17/10/2012 at 15:00

Good luck for Amsterdam, GBM! I'm sure you'll do well. Also best wishes to WITGB for Amsterdam and to everyone else racing this weekend.

17/10/2012 at 15:05
Oh ffs it's only wednesday! If he doesn't do it this time I will kill him and then we won't have to go through this again I put a winky smiley but I am half serious and might be completely serious by the weekend.

Daz- I didn't say I looked like a proper runner I said I felt like one but I am pleased to report that the novelty has worn off and now I am completely back to normal
17/10/2012 at 15:23

GBM

Its pretty simple. You either run under 3 hours or you get banished from this forum and Stockport Harriers for ever! I don't think we should tolerate such mediocrity any longer!

Man up or f*ck off.

17/10/2012 at 15:44
JMC and PPP you're both knobs. So easy to offer advice from the sidelines. Leave GBM alone. How can you 2 talk. The last time you ran a marathon together you were slower than Eric on the same course and finished hand in hand. Nice!

Come on GBM you know you can do it. Prove all these knobs wrong.
17/10/2012 at 17:40

Mort-how does a proper runner feel?

Right, i think we should leave the poor lad alone now (((((GBM))))

JS-pretty impressive.

17/10/2012 at 18:09

GBM- From Luton Marathon website-

17/10/12 Online entries now closed, last few places please apply by post, if your entry is received once the race is full it will be returned to you.
760 marathon places filled.

You will have to get it over and done with this weekend by the looks of it

TB- I think I gave NI a hug post marathon the other weekend but he just felt like a normal person

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.