08/11/2012 at 10:30

GBM - I know you ain't bovvered, but you might like this:

http://youtu.be/zV1zK8zRCPo

Edited: 08/11/2012 at 10:32
08/11/2012 at 13:01

Daz--That will be me at Jonahs do! 

I will update the lists!

GBMs Sub 3 party! Saturday 10th Nov. 

GBM. (Ni and FOAR possibly turning up later after other engagements)

Cancelled due to GBM being the only person going!

Jonahs 50th Party! Friday 9th Nov.

So far, even after such short notice!!!!!!!!!  Jonah, DB, Mr Simmons, JMC, JS, Morticia, GBM

Its not because i'm unpopular its because i just picked the one night when absolutely everyone was busy. Saturdays are always busy aren't they? Fridays are much better for going out! That said, does anyone remember a few years back when the Shining Tor FR was on my Birthday so i organised the 'GBMs fell race' party. There was me, TST and Sasha!! And TST and Sasha were only there because they were marshaling. Maybe that was a Saturday too! Anyway, its fine, everything is fine............... Not one person though!!! Not one!!!! Just me, on my own, at Wetherspoons!!!! Anyway, its fine! I'm really not bothered! 

Erm, i'm a bit nervous about mentioning this but as i'm not out on Saturday evening  i'm going to do a Lyme Park run on Sunday morning. 9am at Disley Station. I know Sunday morning is a bad time for everyone but i just thought i would mention it! 

08/11/2012 at 13:14

Anyone else doing a LSR on Sunday? 

Preferably one that doesn't involve an hours driving to get there / back. NI / PPP / SARQ...or maybe PPP is doing one of his secret races again.  (SARQ, where were you when the old "I used it as a training run" excuse was e-uttered by PPP to hide his poor - by his standards - time?)

08/11/2012 at 13:15

GBM - J8 did run nearly 8 minutes quicker than you at the age of 50, a far greater achievement than your poxy sub-3. Maybe thats the reason.

08/11/2012 at 13:20

GBM- Friday night is not my 50th do, I think I have had enough of them now.

It's a end of Autumn marathons drink, before we all start training for Spring marathons

See you at track later

08/11/2012 at 14:18

Jonah8--Shhhhh! I'm trying to milk this for all its worth! 

JMC--Factually incorrect and i wouldn't want anyone who thought like that turning up anyway! Jonah is welcome to you! 

08/11/2012 at 15:01

BHB, missed that one. I will be running one day this weekend not sure which yet as I'll be painting a house both days (most likely Sunday).

Will post on here.

08/11/2012 at 15:47

SARQ, I may do Burnage Parkrun on Saturday. Run there, run the race (as a training run of course due to having done 14 miles the day before and 250 miles for the week ) and run back.  That's about 7 miles for me.

08/11/2012 at 16:32
Ancient Homme dans le Heatons - je suis dans paris, mais, je Will try et make le grande l'escargot run.

Fortunately it is an art trip, not languages. Mind you les enfants are so veal at French they think I am fluent if I can ask for coffee.

In fairness, I did say it was a training race, not training pace.

But it is a fair cop.
09/11/2012 at 08:55

BHB - good idea to run at Burnage parkrun - in fact I'd encourage anyone near Heatons to give it a go.  They are a bit short of help there so please volunteer to help a bit before or after your run.

I'll see the rest of you at Sherdley Park for the XC.

I'll be out for a long run on Sunday morning - 7.40am from Poynton Lake or 8.00am Boars Head.  Lyme Park then Windgather Rocks or New Mills depending on weather.

09/11/2012 at 09:05

J8-since it's you, i might try to make it tonight, Midland from 7pm?

GBM-you were running strong last night, almost "fresh", think you may be looking at sub 2.45

09/11/2012 at 11:14

TB- I'll be in there around 8ish.

Good session last night and yes GBM was flying, upping it up to 4 miles next week.

09/11/2012 at 13:13

J8 - See you later. If its not your 50th do, does that mean we have to cancel the stripper ?  If we do cancel and then you change your mind, TB may be able to step in.

09/11/2012 at 13:47

FOAR-only to an appreciative audience

J8-in fact, everyone seemed to be running hard last night in your group, think JMC looked be a bit worried. I did 1 mile last night.

09/11/2012 at 14:34

JMC had better be worried after all the abuse he gives out.

I am in much better shape than when I did sub 60 at S10 last year, and there are still 2 months until the 4V.  And SARQ will be close too if he loses the middle age spread .  GBM is definitely a threat as will be RC.  And BT if he gets his pacing right.  Who knows, if J8 manages to add a faster pace to his arsenal then he has the stamina...and of course RB and PPP will probably beat him too. 

09/11/2012 at 14:41
Bring it on, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned
09/11/2012 at 17:05

BHB-you forgot Eric

09/11/2012 at 19:41

TB, I was referring to the people running 4V and ES isn't on the list. 

If anyone else is running 4V and I didn't mention you then that it because you are not good enough, although perhaps Poacher has an outside change.  I think that just leaves you TB and FOAR as not being a threat!

09/11/2012 at 20:28
GBM-we'll be at Disley on Sunday-at least you have 2 sort of friends!! (i'll try and bring some cake, too!)
10/11/2012 at 07:35

Thanks, RB, for plugging Burnage Parkrun.  Please come on down and help out if you can.  That would be great.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.